Stopped looking= much happier

normal person

Well, I do make good money (low 6 figures) and I'm on track to go to an ivy league business school and slide into an executive position, but I would not date a poor woman in the US. That's financial suicide right there. I want to make more money solely because I want more freedom, not because I want to attract more women. If women can't love me for who I am, then so be it. I can't fix my height and I sure as sh*t am not going to "make up" for something that I have no control over.

You are wise. Having financial freedom and being liberated (to an extent) gives you the kind of confidence you can't get anywhere else. It solves many problems, and the less problems you have, the less you worry, and the less you worry, the more attractive you are. I can say my life changed dramatically when things finally started paying off for me and if affected so many aspects of my life. And it wasn't just because I wanted "stuff," I'm not materialistic. But suddenly I was so much more relaxed, emancipated, in control, and happy about it. It's infectious. Conversely, before that, while I was waiting for things to take off I felt totally useless.

Well. Being in your mid to late 20s and making 110 to 125K a year would put you in the top ~ 0.2% of persons in the States I'm sure. It would put you in the company of people who graduated from Stanford and Harvard and work at Google or Wall Street, lucky pharmacists, and engineers who were able to kiss-a@@ to management positions in a handful of years, or lucky and successful entrepreneurs.

I think you're wrong here. Try top 10-15% and it'd be more accurate, via: www.stackmeup.com. If you're judging "success" by way of income, breaking the 6 figure barrier is just getting your foot in the door.

So, if you are that successful, then the height thing would not be a problem ... at all. Lots of women go for guys like that.

Let's be honest here, making $100-125k isn't a magic ticket. It's certainly not bad, but in the grand scheme of things, that's entry level "success." In that range and at 5'6", sure, a lot less women will care about your height, but a sizable number still will. Plenty of women within an inch and $20k/year of you will still not be throwing themselves at you.

JuneJulySeptember

I think you're wrong here. Try top 10-15% and it'd be more accurate, via: www.stackmeup.com. If you're judging "success" by way of income, breaking the 6 figure barrier is just getting your foot in the door.

Let's be honest here, making $100-125k isn't a magic ticket. It's certainly not bad, but in the grand scheme of things, that's entry level "success." In that range and at 5'6", sure, a lot less women will care about your height, but a sizable number still will. Plenty of women within an inch and $20k/year of you will still not be throwing themselves at you.

It was a joke man.

I know better than to argue on the topics of $$$ and social status with you. :bunny:

Well. Being in your mid to late 20s and making 110 to 125K a year would put you in the top ~ 0.2% of persons in the States I'm sure. It would put you in the company of people who graduated from Stanford and Harvard and work at Google or Wall Street, lucky pharmacists, and engineers who were able to kiss-a@@ to management positions in a handful of years, or lucky and successful entrepreneurs.

So, if you are that successful, then the height thing would not be a problem ... at all. Lots of women go for guys like that.

Unfortunately, on the internet, making 110 to 125K a year only puts you in the top 50th percentile of 20 somethings at best. :lmao:

After bonuses and whatnot, my annual salary is about 114k.

I think you really overestimate how much women care about money though. I did way better with women when I was in college, broke and living with my parents.

Looks are far more important to women than money and personality traits like intelligence and ambition. I know because I have a good-looking face. If I was short AND ugly (like some of my friends are), I would probably never have any options.

You are wise. Having financial freedom and being liberated (to an extent) gives you the kind of confidence you can't get anywhere else. It solves many problems, and the less problems you have, the less you worry, and the less you worry, the more attractive you are. I can say my life changed dramatically when things finally started paying off for me and if affected so many aspects of my life. And it wasn't just because I wanted "stuff," I'm not materialistic. But suddenly I was so much more relaxed, emancipated, in control, and happy about it. It's infectious. Conversely, before that, while I was waiting for things to take off I felt totally useless.

This hasn't been the case for me in terms of female attraction. I've found that things like this are neutral for women. If you are good looking and fun, you will attract women. So even if you are not financially secure, as long as you can fake the right attitude, you'll be attractive to women.

But, as I said, I'm not striving for that to get girls. I like feeling secure. These days, working is anything but secure.

This is also why I don't like dating. Women these days are not very trustworthy and do not provide me with any sense of security no matter what stage we are at in dating.

I don't think that any amount of money will make the majority of women throw themselves at a short guy. Honestly, even if I had millions of dollars, I would still be very low key about it. I'm not the flashy type. I wouldn't be driving a Ferrari.

As I said, height is the primary factor that women look for in dating. The man needs to be taller than the woman. If he's not, nothing else matters.

I should note that this is by and large the most significant in western cultures. I've traveled a lot and can attest to the fact that, while still present, it's not nearly as bad in non-western countries.

• Author

I have learned to quickly "next" people who can't ask questions about me when I'm doing all the work to keep a conversation (about them) going. I highly advise it.

The problem is nobody actually shows any interest in me at all, which really started the cycle of me feeling completely worthless. When I sit and work at something there is reward when I get it right, there hasn't ever been anything like that with dating.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Fix quote