4 years to the day & it's officially done

• Author

I don't know if this is the right place to post this. We are LD. Around 3 hours drive apart. He wont do the distance.

I drove to his on Friday, arrived at lunchtime and we spent the rest of Friday and all day yesterday together. If anyone looked in it would of been assumed that we were a couple. We ate out, we had drinks. We laughed. We walked hand in hand. He introduced me to a friend of his we bumped into. We had a great weekend. I woke up at 6am with him wrapped around me.

He told me he still thinks the world of me. He cares more than he's letting on. He asked if I was back home soon, I said yes in 12 days and he'd probably see me then.

BUT, I messaged him to thank him again for having me, he replied with 'no prob. Anytime. Nice to see you. It's always easy xx' then I thanked him for his honesty in telling me how he felt last night, and he's read it and not replied.

He's still active on match and Tinder.

My head is now messed up.

You do realize you've literally wasted almost an entire year on this, right? You broke up last April. You could have been moved on by now, happily with someone else...

Listen, if he wanted you, and to be in a relationship with you, he would.

Have some self respect and let go. You're wasting months here. Then it will turn into years. But when he finds someone, and he will, you will be hung out to dry. Or his side piece.

The sooner you realize that, the quicker you can move on. Otherwise, you are doing this to yourself. Snap out of it.

• Like 1
My head is now messed up.

It shouldn't. He knows he's in control and is taking advantage of it (and you). You should cut all contact with him until you've fully healed.

He wont drive to see you, but you have to do all the driving to see him?

You are delivering yourself to him on a silver platter. I dont know your history with him, but from this one post, its obvious you're way more invested than he is. Why are you making it so easy for him?