Ex is dying of cancer and wants to see me

• Author

My husband is okay with it. For one he knows I'd never cheat on him, and the money sounded good to him too. He said I could take our daughter and nephew if that would make me feel better, he'll be out of town for work. I guess if I brought the kids it would make it less awkward.

Last night my daughter and I went over to my parents house. My mom and sister-in-law were going through old pictures. Of course there were pictures of us together, and my daughter wanted to look at them. It was so sad to see them because he was happy and healthy. There were pictures of us with his son through the years as well, and of course my daughter wanted to know all about him. I told my mom and sister-in-law about how his son told me he thought I was his Mom and how sad it made me. On the way home my daughter asked if I still love him, and I told her I did as a friend. Then she said she was mad at me for going to see him, because in her mind if I loved my husband I wouldn't have.

The whole thing was a lot.

You have to decide for yourself and family how much is too much. If you do take pictures for him, please do not let money be the arbiter. Money will not be what you remember.

Let your conscience be your guide. If it is important to you to give something of yourself in this man's last days, then give. Fidelity to your family should not be questioned, this is not about fidelity is it?

Isn't this about doing what you are comfortable/able for a dying man?

If he were not dying and were healthy and well....none of this would be.

Right?

• Author

Without question. I know none of this would be happening if he was well. The money isn't important to me either, and in all honesty it's a shoot that I know I'd love, because I love dogs. It's not even a matter of my hubby questioning my fidelity, but our child doing so that makes me apprehensive.

I also don't want to hurt him more than I already have. I am the first person to admit that I did, and I can't take it back...

Without question. I know none of this would be happening if he was well. The money isn't important to me either, and in all honesty it's a shoot that I know I'd love, because I love dogs. It's not even a matter of my hubby questioning my fidelity, but our child doing so that makes me apprehensive.

I also don't want to hurt him more than I already have. I am the first person to admit that I did, and I can't take it back...

So this begs the question, on an anonymous forum...what do you mean oddest?

Also, despite your answer....you have moved forward (hypothetically) and so has he. His journey is different than your own.

What is it that you can't take back?

Edited by Timshel
  • Author

I can't take back that we broke up, or that I married and had a baby with someone he introduced me to. I know it wasn't his intention for us to get together. I know he's said to people that if he'd known we were going to get together he'd never have introduced us.

I can't take that back, and I don't want to. I feel bad that I hurt him, yes but I have everything I have ever wanted through doing so.

I can't take back that we broke up, or that I married and had a baby with someone he introduced me to. I know it wasn't his intention for us to get together. I know he's said to people that if he'd known we were going to get together he'd never have introduced us.

I can't take that back, and I don't want to. I feel bad that I hurt him, yes but I have everything I have ever wanted through doing so.

So this is enough. Then you have nothing to take back. If you want to take pics, take them.

I would not take his money but this is your own decision.

Take pics of his pup sweetie. If you have a discreet envelope then so be it.

Everything you do will be on your own shoulder. You have done nothing wrong and as said before, let your conscience be your guide.

If you do take pics, take good one's and for heaven sake....smile, laugh....doggie treats.

Or else, what kind of photographer are you? :)