Daughter thinks she's ugly...

• Author

Things have been going good around here. She loves her cat, and I think he's helped at home, and maybe made me being gone easier on her. He's a crazy little dude though, every time I walk in the house he attacks me and runs off.

I guess one day she was coming home on her skateboard and some boys from her class (including the one she likes) saw and were impressed she skated and is good at it.

They invited her to hang out with them at the skatepark and she has been so happy to go with them. The boy she likes started coming over to our house and playing video games with her too. He's ate dinner with us and I think is going horseback riding with us this fall. She told me the other day he said he thinks she's cute. :o it makes me feel so good inside.

I think she's cute too :)

• Like 5
  • Author
All good. Just make sure you encourage her athletics and schoolwork more than being popular.

Oh we will and always have. It just feels so good because she really likes this boy and just a few months ago was crying in my arms saying he would never fall for a girl like her. I know it probably won't last and all of that stuff, but to see her so happy makes me happy. It's showing her she doesn't have to look like her mom for people to notice her as long as she is herself.

She's awesome, and I hope that's why he's been coming over because she's such a wonderful person. It's been making her such a warm presence since he said that, and it's great.

• Author

Daughter came home crying yesterday... apparently one of the "beautiful girls" said she was ugly and doesn't know why this cute boy is hanging out with her. Or why he asked her to some dumb dance in a few weeks. She said he could do better than a "fat weirdo" ending their conversation with "kill yourself"

my blood is boiling my daughter is heartbroken. I told her she doesn't have to go to school for the rest of the week. I might even call the school and deal with it. My kid is just quiet and shy. She's not weird. She's not a stick, but she's not fat. The kill yourself is beyond unacceptable. I want to get ahold of her parents! I'm really having to cool my jets on this one :mad:

So what if a cute boy likes her?! Grrr. Sorry had to vent and don't want to upset my girl.