Level of education and dating

I recently found a woman that I like. I haven't made any move yet. I just discovered that she is a college dropout and I am losing interest. I thought I was being superficial.

Not superficial. Don't change your standards for anyone. You will resent yourself !

When life revolves around "dates" and "going places" and "meeting new people", then imbalances in education can be irrelevant.

Once a relationship progresses, then mismatches in education tend to take on a life of their own.

• Like 1
JustGettingBy

I prefer educated, but its not a deal breaker.

That said, if someone is 'going through a rough patch', in employment, I'm more likely to be accepting of them if they're educated, as they'd have more potential.

GorillaTheater
When life revolves around "dates" and "going places" and "meeting new people", then imbalances in education can be irrelevant.

Once a relationship progresses, then mismatches in education tend to take on a life of their own.

I can see how that may happen, but I don't know whether that happens most of the time or not. I have a couple of degrees and my wife doesn't have any. I'm no dummy, but I'm wary about getting into a battle of wits with her, and Jesus, for an experienced litigator you'd think I'd be able to win some arguments with her.

The_Dork_Lard

I'm a male.

In future, I would date anybody who was around my equal in intellect - give or take some - regardless of education. For me, education is irrelevant, but intellect is very relevant.

However, I've dated a woman with 2 degrees and a PhD, and my last ex could barely read, write, or think even in basic abstract terms.