Emotional Affair

• Author

I also want to point out that if Jamie is telling me all of the things she said to her lawyers and they are true (alcoholic, abusive) why would he even mention it to me? Wouldn't he want to hide the fact that he is those things?

So if Jamie was sad and went out and have fun with some other new girl, bang her and got her pregnant, you don't think you want to know? Because that will not change how you feel about him?

I also want to point out that if Jamie is telling me all of the things she said to her lawyers and they are true (alcoholic, abusive) why would he even mention it to me? Wouldn't he want to hide the fact that he is those things?

Watch this video about lying. It's awesome. ted.com/talks/pamela_meyer_how_to_spot_a_liar?language=en

• Like 1
  • Author
So if Jamie was sad and went out and have fun with some other new girl, bang her and got her pregnant, you don't think you want to know? Because that will not change how you feel about him?

I think his circumstance is a little different. He is married and left his wife and wants to pursue a relationship with me. He has a heck of a lot more going on than I do.

But you're right, I would be upset and my feelings would definitely change for him.

We are not in the same boat though. I have no obligation to tell him anything and frankly he doesn't need to know.

• Author

Also - If I do happen to be pregnant, I'm not sure I'd even keep it.

I wouldn't know who the father is for sure, I would have to tell Jamie and UK guy both to get them to submit for DNA. That would include Jamie probably never looking at me the same or forgiving me.

A child born out of an affair or a one week fling... So sad. I don't know that I could ever do it.

And if UK guy was the father, how would that even work? How do you be involved in your child's life when you live in a different country? How do you pay child support?

Would having an abortion at 34 years old be a terrible thing? I've never been pregnant, this would be my first. There no reason why I wouldn't be able to support it. Ugh :(

Also - If I do happen to be pregnant, I'm not sure I'd even keep it.

I wouldn't know who the father is for sure, I would have to tell Jamie and UK guy both to get them to submit for DNA. That would include Jamie probably never looking at me the same or forgiving me.

A child born out of an affair or a one week fling... So sad. I don't know that I could ever do it.

And if UK guy was the father, how would that even work? How do you be involved in your child's life when you live in a different country? How do you pay child support?

Would having an abortion at 34 years old be a terrible thing? I've never been pregnant, this would be my first. There no reason why I wouldn't be able to support it. Ugh :(

Go pee on a stick, then worry. $10 or less and you'll know whether you're supposed to start worrying. What are you waiting for?

• Like 2

Pink - I can only suggest not being in contact with him at all in order to eliminate all his drama.

You have enough of your own to handle for now.

Start looking out for you/yourself. He can take care of his own issues without you helping.

ChickiePops
Go pee on a stick, then worry. $10 or less and you'll know whether you're supposed to start worrying. What are you waiting for?

I was wondering this as well. If you're a week late, the test would almost definitely show up positive if you are pregnant..those things are pretty reliable.

• Author

I already bought a stick but I read it's better to pee on it in the morning so I am going to do it tomorrow when I wake up.

Also I am sticking to NC with Jamie. There is no reason to be in contact with him atm and I'm dealing with enough.

By the time your period is already late, you don't need to wait for "first pee" to get an accurate reading. That's just if you're trying to get pregnant and anxiously testing a couple of days before your period is due.

• Like 2
ChickiePops
I already bought a stick but I read it's better to pee on it in the morning so I am going to do it tomorrow when I wake up.

Also I am sticking to NC with Jamie. There is no reason to be in contact with him atm and I'm dealing with enough.

It's better if you haven't missed your period yet because that is super early and your first morning pee is the least diluted, so it's less likely that the pregnancy test will not pick up on the hormones. If you are pregnant, you should have enough hormones in your body at this point to get a positive result.

Are you sure you're not just stalling because you're scared? I couldn't blame you if you were, but it's better to know.

MidnightBlue1980

I took the test 10 days before my period due date and it lit up pretty fast. I have taken them at various times and when I was pregnant, the test said it regardless of time of day - and I have no patience, I never waited till I was late.

So if he was truly wanting to plan a life with you and ensure fair custody of his son, surely he would tell his lawyer about the 1 year affair. Would ne asking him his best move, how to best proceed etc etc. This is just another incident of him denying you and your relationship outside the compartment of your secret affair

I can just see him talking to his next GF giving her the story of his divorce... He would be the innocent victim and conveniently fail to mention his affair.

• Author

I am petrified. I bought it yesterday morning and I'm putting it off because I am so flipping scared. I went to do it this morning and I was shaking so badly because I can't bring myself to do it.

I looked at a pregnancy calendar and I was ovulating the weekend Jamie and I were together. It would match up perfectly. We had sex between 15-20 times within a 4 day span. He blew inside me probably 70% of those times. I am so stupid.

If you're already late on your period, you don't have to wait for the first morning urine. The test will surely pick up the HCG by then.

I also want to say that being 34 does not mean anything when it comes to making this decision. If you don't want this situation, you don't want it. It doesn't matter if you're 15 or 30, you have every right to pursue the kind of life you want.

• Like 2
I am petrified. I bought it yesterday morning and I'm putting it off because I am so flipping scared. I went to do it this morning and I was shaking so badly because I can't bring myself to do it.

I looked at a pregnancy calendar and I was ovulating the weekend Jamie and I were together. It would match up perfectly. We had sex between 15-20 times within a 4 day span. He blew inside me probably 70% of those times. I am so stupid.

Didn't you say you're on birth control?

If you were taking your birth control as prescribed there is very little chance you are pregnant. I know everyone has a cousin or sister or friend who conceived on the pill but any real physician will tell you it is like only a slight almost insignificant chance. Im sure u are just late. Plus some peoples periods just stop when on the pill. This could just be maybe some self induced panic. Or is there maybe a part of you fantasizing about carrying Jamies baby? Bc I am having hard time grasping why a grown woman would not have tested.

• Author

Yes, I am on birth control and have been for a while now. I am never late on my period that's why I suspect it.

The only time this ever happened before was when I was stressed out due to work and my period was late. I was with Kevin then, I wasn't pregnant obviously.

I haven't exactly been proactive taking my pill everyday since Kevin left. Sometimes I will go a day or two because I've forgotten. I hadn't been having sex so it took less priority. It didn't affect my period at all though.

It's just stress related I think. I only worry because I hadn't been taking it like normal and Jamie blew inside me multiple times. I am 34 and have been having sex for years. Never have I been pregnant. The likelihood of me being preg is slim to none IMO.

And no, I definitely do not wish I was carrying Jamie's baby. It would be terrible for me to be pregnant right now with everything going on in his life and in mine! I do want to have a family with him but it's looking grim to say the least.

If you were taking your birth control as prescribed there is very little chance you are pregnant. I know everyone has a cousin or sister or friend who conceived on the pill but any real physician will tell you it is like only a slight almost insignificant chance.

And if you probed further, they probably forgot it and missed a day/days or took it late, were on antibiotics or some other medication that interferes with the Pill, or were vomiting or had diarrhoea.

Exactly ^^

Pink just take the test. Im sure its stress and youre late. Just bc youve never been late before (even tho you have once at least) doenst mean irregular or lateness cant occur at any minute. I used to regular skip a pill or two even, over the course of 5 to 6 years, while having very frequent sex and the pill stil worked, for what its worth. When i went off i immediately got pregnant. Pill is a great thing.

• Like 1

Well, there you have it - all of LS is waiting with anticipation for you to... pee?

:lmao:

Just do it.

• Like 3

I can't remember the timing of your weekend with Jamie, but wasn't it quite some time ago? Much longer than two weeks? In that case, isn't your period really, really late?

I would just take it and get it over with. Hugs. I know this stressful.

• Like 1