Just spent $6000 on Channel earrings, what's wrong with me?

LivingWaterPlease

I definitely think you should do something more simple and meaningful for her.........and give me the earrings....:) (I am very deserving)

Edited by LivingWaterPlease
  • Like 4

Why earrings? Jesus everyone knows that in Chanel it's either suits or handbags...this is label crime. :laugh: People with that kind of money should not be allowed to high end shop until they get their fixations right.

Bulgari or Van Cleef & Arpels is for jewellery. Not that you'd get much for $6k there.

Edited by Buddhist
  • Like 1

If you really want to make sure they are taken care of, take that money and start a 529 account for the kid.

My wedding ring didn't cost that much, and I will wear that every day forever....I'd be afraid to wear earrings that expensive. There's nothing wrong with $500 ones from Kay's. BUT, that's how I see money.

• Like 1
dreamingoftigers
They are the real deal, trust me on that one.

Tell everyone to relax, it was $6000 CDN.

And you are helping repair our fractured provincial economy.

LMAO.

However, it would send a flag to me as a woman if a guy invested that much that soon.

That's just me though.

• Like 7
dreamingoftigers
If you really want to make sure they are taken care of, take that money and start a 529 account for the kid.

My wedding ring didn't cost that much, and I will wear that every day forever....I'd be afraid to wear earrings that expensive. There's nothing wrong with $500 ones from Kay's. BUT, that's how I see money.

And here I sit with no wedding band / engagement ring on the eve of my tenth anniversary LOL.

Aliveagain, are gifts her Love Language?

Or do you know?

See if gifts are the magic thing, then that may very well work for her.

If it isn't, she might see an investment in a way of communicating with her that she isn't into at all. It really varies.

I am not trying to dog pile on you.

• Like 1
Tempted as I always am, I don't usually correct spellings online, but if you're going to waste $6,000 on earrings for a woman, you should at least know how to spell it. It should be "Chanel." If it says "Channel," you got taken.

That was my point. If you don't know the difference between Chanel and Channel, then you shouldn't be paying $6000 for earrings.

Especially if your reason for doing so is because you want to "fu*k real bad".

You're doing it wrong.

Thanks for posting this so I didn't have to.

I was already into reading about replicas.

Chanel Replica Earrings

6000 grand on earrings.......

I once gave a girl a Kinder egg.... You would not believe what followed....

• Like 10
dreamingoftigers
6000 grand on earrings.......

Was she American? Because you can't get Kinder Surprise Eggs in the US.

That might have been why :)

• Like 3
Was she American? Because you can't get Kinder Surprise Eggs in the US.

That might have been why :)

She was from `Tooting Bec`

She was thrilled to get a little ballerina, complete with tutu.

I did warn her that the small pieces were a hazard if eaten....

• Like 7

So, I wasted two minutes of my life looking up those eggs.

The good old states. They used to let us have choking toys in Cracker Jacks. What's the difference? :(

• Like 2

This is straight simpin. You are putting p*ssy on a pedestal.

Seems like you idolize her, and are becoming obsessed with a woman that you haven't even kissed.

Women don't respect 'nice-guy' game, and the men that do it don't respect themselves either. You've developed a sniper mindset for this woman, and it's probably going to backfire on you.

I wouldn't get her any gifts. My gift would be my presence. Offer her nothing more than a good night out. And not at the most expensive restaurant that you can find either. Just ask her out for drinks. If she can't appreciate your value, then it's her problem, and you move on.

Don't mean to be harsh with you, but you asked 'what's wrong?' Well, pretty much everything. Take the earrings back to the store.

Might as well just be a sugerdaddy.

5 minutes of trying to put the toy together.

Edited by Jabron1
  • Like 3
It is not just about getting laid. She is a single mom that has accomplished a lot. She is amazing, younger then then me, punches like a dude if you piss her off but turns heads when she walks into a room, men or women. We have been friends for years but there has always been a chemistry between us. I want to make sure she and her daughter are OK.

A "Damsel in distress" usually ends up being a "Distressed Damsel".

Not your responsibility to swoop in and "save" her from the life she created for herself and/or her kid.

I know sometimes, when we can afford things we don't see it as any hurt to our wallet to splurge on certain things, but still, regardless of your ability to buy it, you are setting a premise that her love is for sale. Love and caring isn't measured on how much you spend on someone, IMO.

Gosh, I miss the days when splurging was nothing to me. I was just debating on spending like $80 (which may seem like nothing) on Gucci Envy Me2. I already have Envy and Envy Me, but can't drop money on perfumes like I used to :(

Why don't you come and spend money on me? I've been going through a lot of crap myself for like the past three years now and been busy trying to take care of everyone else except myself. :laugh: But no, I couldn't accept pity and/or some guy's charity.

That was my point. If you don't know the difference between Chanel and Channel, then you shouldn't be paying $6000 for earrings.

Especially if your reason for doing so is because you want to "fu*k real bad".

You're doing it wrong.

Yeah. He got carried away and decided impulsively to take what he hopes will be the fast route to the bedroom, but at least I think he realizes it now. The trouble is if that's all it takes for her to roll over, then she will expect you to keep it coming, and that shouldn't be a woman you want to keep. So do her and then write her off as a valuable lesson. If she refuses your gift, not THAT is a woman you'd want to keep.

Yeah. He got carried away and decided impulsively to take what he hopes will be the fast route to the bedroom, but at least I think he realizes it now. The trouble is if that's all it takes for her to roll over, then she will expect you to keep it coming, and that shouldn't be a woman you want to keep. So do her and then write her off as a valuable lesson. If she refuses your gift, not THAT is a woman you'd want to keep.

I don't think he wants a fast route to the bedroom...he wants a fast route to her heart (which leads to the bedroom :laugh: ).

But yes, I agree, if she's a good woman - she'll refuse the gift and will show appreciation - but ask for you not to extend yourself like that; and, continue to see you.

• Like 1
Rejected Rosebud
So, I wasted two minutes of my life looking up those eggs.

The good old states. They used to let us have choking toys in Cracker Jacks. What's the difference? :(

No Kinder Eggs but everybody can pack heat! Good old states!

carry on ...

• Like 3
blackcat777

I feel very uncomfortable receiving expensive gifts early on, because I do not know what expectations are attached to them.

• Like 2
Michelle ma Belle

Wow is all I can say.

Speaking as someone who has spent a good part of my teens and now my adult life helping the less fortunate in one form or another both here and in developing countries, I can't help but think of how much further your $6,000 would have gone in helping a cause greater than your own.

I'm glad that money isn't an issue for you but to blow that kind of cash on someone you haven't even slept with seems beyond extravagant.

I've never been impressed with people who spend that kind of money on "stuff". It always feels like they're overcompensating for something.

But that's just me.

• Like 1
TaraMaiden2

A well-suited gentleman and a very attractive lady have met by chance in the Hotel bar... they converse, and enjoy each other's company for an hour or so....

Then he asks... "Tell me dear... if I were to offer you $6000, would you go to bed with me...?"

"Hmmmmm..." she purrs, coyly....."It may be worth considering......"

"Well," he interjects, "How about $20...?"

Suddenly angered and indignant, she retorts sharply, "How dare you! What kind of a gal do think the hell I am??!?"

With all the Sang-Froid of George Sanders, he replies, "THAT - we have established. Now, we are merely negotiating the price."

• Like 6

I don't know how she would feel but I would feel acutely embarrassed at being given such an expensive gift. I'm not used to having money so I would be stunned. I could not accept. I would have to refuse. I would be wondering what you wanted for your gift. My brain would not allow me to think it was sheer generosity and kindness.

It would be even worse if I did not feel the same about you as you clearly think about her. I would feel sad I couldn't reciprocate those feelings.

She almost certainly has different priorities if she is a single mum, like feeding and clothing her children, making sure they have some sort of security and happy experiences while they are still with her. She'll want to make sure their futures are secure, that they have the education and training they need to get where they want to go. You could start a trust fund for them or something, if you really wanted to do something meaningful for her.

But, it sounds to me like you want a nice woman and you want to spoil her with such a personal gift. That's a natural instinct, to want to give to someone special. It's best to be realistic as to how she feels about you though, otherwise this could end up being a very difficult situation.

• Like 1
But, it sounds to me like you want a nice woman and you want to spoil her with such a personal gift. That's a natural instinct, to want to give to someone special. It's best to be realistic as to how she feels about you though, otherwise this could end up being a very difficult situation.

I had this idea as well after reading the original poster's words. Somebody asked him if gifts were her love language, but I think knowing if it is his would be good information. Because if it is, then wanting to spoil her with something extravagent makes sense, a lot of sense. Gifts are not my primary love language but I admit that a man who would WANT to shower me with love in his own way sounds appealing. I'd prefer kisses, but maybe she prefers earrings :D

• Like 2
bluefeather

agh, you all just keep talking about it but he never came back to say what happened, the suspense is killing me!!!

• Like 2

In his last post, he said he was on his way and was going to give her the gift anyway.

I have a feeling he did just that. Gave her the gift, went home sexless and is now lost and confused.

• Like 3