Rough day

That's really helpful and true. The excitement doesn't precede the event any more. Loss of optimism is exactly what it is.

I guess it's also instructive to realize that where you are on the better/worse affair spectrum does explain 'soul-sucking' that is particularly penetrating and long-lasting. That said, forgive me for not summarizing my credentials for the 'worst' end at the moment. I wouldn't get up the rest of the day.

Yeah, I've read your backstory and it definitely qualifies for soul-sucking. Sorry. :sick:For everyone who may be reading this, I am not trying to minimize anyone's pain for their H or W's affair. They are painful and devastating no matter what, but as I learned in the divorce group - they vary and some were worse than mine, for sure.

• Like 4
Jersey born raised

Wow, me too. I was driving and had no interest in music and had the sudden thought "when was the last time you heard music in your mind" and I could not remember, I remember their was a time I would hear tunes in my mind but it's been awhile.

• Like 1