Dominant women only attract submissive men?!

Many strong independent women secretly desire to be tamed by a strong man. As much as feminism tries it can;t reverse nature.

I am not making assumptions but you can also be one of those nasty cold women who has no respect for men but thinks she is strong and independent. Most strong men with self respect stay away from those types. To me the strongest women I know are also the nicest and kindest. They are strong because they are secure enough in themselves to not have to bring themselves up by bringing men down.

ReluctantRomeo
Originally posted by Woggle

I am not making assumptions but you can also be one of those nasty cold women who has no respect for men but thinks she is strong and independent.

Yup. "Strong women" are like "nice guys" - sometimes it's actually true, but often it's a self-applied label to cover something else.

Originally posted by ReluctantRomeo

Yup. "Strong women" are like "nice guys" - sometimes it's actually true, but often it's a self-applied label to cover something else.

Exactly. Truly strong women don't need to brag about it all the time. They just are. People who really are secure in themselves are made of steel but come across as the nicest and sweetest people.

Originally posted by Woggle

Exactly. Truly strong women don't need to brag about it all the time. They just are. People who really are secure in themselves are made of steel but come across as the nicest and sweetest people.

this is so true WOGGLE....many so called "strong women" are full of sheeyot. they have to make themselves like a man and many of them hate it.

it is just like a dude taking on the properties of a woman. f*** that!!! I don't want to shop and watch desperate housewife and have 125 pairs of shoes :laugh:

this woman i work with has a thing in her cube that says "LOOK LIKE A WOMAN BUT ACT LIKE A MAN!" :rolleyes:

Originally posted by alphamale

this is so true WOGGLE....many so called "strong women" are full of sheeyot. they have to make themselves like a man and many of them hate it.

it is just like a dude taking on the properties of a woman. f*** that!!! I don't want to shop and watch desperate housewife and have 125 pairs of shoes :laugh:

this woman i work with has a thing in her cube that says "LOOK LIKE A WOMAN BUT ACT LIKE A MAN!" :rolleyes:

That thing is such a turnoff. It also women who usually have some narrow minded view of men and think that by emulating some stereotype of what she thinks men are it will empower her.

Many strong independent women secretly desire to be tamed by a strong man

This is so true. I am strong willed, independent and ambitious but I still want my man to be a man. i want him to protect me, take me out to dinner, fix things around the house. carry heavy objects for me, help me with my car. open the door for me, pick me up and throw me against a wall and have his way with me.

But also I still want to be feminine and girly. I really think in some ways feminism did women a dis service. We should be treated fairly and be paid the same for the same type of work but both genders should embrace thier unique qualities.

I want a man to challenge me. Not pander to me

Originally posted by hotgurl

This is so true. I am strong willed, independent and ambitious but I still want my man to be a man.

I really hate to burst your bubble, HOTGURL, but almost all women want their man to be a man. It is human nature and already in your DNA and genetic makeup. :)

I didn't say that I was the only one who wanted that. Most women want a man to be a man. But is you are a weak woman you'll have an easier time finding a dominant man but if you are a more assertive woman not ever guy will measure up.

Originally posted by moimeme

How's about two equal partners - sometimes one supports the other and it doesn't matter which gender's doing what - each will need support sometimes and each will be the supporter sometimes. How's about two people who respect each other equally. Because I don't think that anybody who 'dominates' anybody else truly respects that person and love, IMHO, requires respect.

In total agreement with Moi. I've been in relationships where I was the dominant one and I wanted to :sick: , I've also been involved with very dominant men and wanted to :sick:. I prefer what moi described which is kinda like a seesaw. You need two people to work it, but from time to time one person is higher than the other. No matter who's up there, he/she can't do it without the support from the other.

Gawd, what a stupid ass analogy, but it sounded brilliant when I wrote it. :p

Originally posted by Lonestar

In total agreement with Moi. I've been in relationships where I was the dominant one and I wanted to :sick: , I've also been involved with very dominant men and wanted to :sick:. I prefer what moi described which is kinda like a seesaw. You need two people to work it, but from time to time one person is higher than the other. No matter who's up there, he/she can't do it without the support from the other.

The things is that many women want a strong man that can take the lead sometimes and sometimes take care of her but she doesn't want him to be become controlling. Even the most independent woman wants to know that she can depend on her man if she has to. I know this may sound sexist but it is the truth.

seranade_u_silly

It seems to me that woman dont want equality, they want to be the dominant gender. Plain and simple. I mean have you ever met a women who wanted to be a bricklayer, a miner, or plumber or electrician?? I doubt it! They only want the good and well-paying male dominated jobs.

It seems unfair though, I've always felt that women have had more power than men have ever had. Women, if attractive, can get away with anything because man's weakness -big or small- is that he is submissive to attractive women (Do you think Bill Gates would pass up on a night with Angelina Jolie?? HA!). On the flipside, a man whose looks alone are enough to have women wrapped around his little finger has yet to be born so women have the advantage.

Look at it this way. Many unattractive women hate attractive ones for their sheer ability to control men. How many times do you see a group of about five girls, four of whom are not that hot but all of whom follow the one pretty girl in their party wherever she goes. They follow her around because she is their way toward popularity and status. They follow her around because through her they can meet, befriend, even date men who will usually never give them the time of day.

So to hell with brains and sense of humour; the beautiful girl who wakes up and realises her potential can run the world. Her face is her meal ticket and if she plays he cards right she will be the QUEEN OF EVERYTHING!!! Because in actual fact it is not about dominant women attracting men submissive to dominance; it's about beautiful women attracting men submissive to beauty.

So if you think that there's inequality maybe you should hit the gym, get some work done, attend some yoga classes and go on a diet. You'll find out just how equal everything is.

VirginiaBob
And just to clarify, I wouldn't necessarily have a problem with a woman earning more money than me if the gap between our success wasn't that great.

wow, sounds like a insecure leftist.

amerikajin

wow, sounds like a insecure leftist

You know, Bob, it's too bad you have to take a political argument so seriously as to draw up an insult on another thread. Just to clarify, I wasn't trying to insult you before; I was only trying to make my points, and sometimes I use strong language to get my point across - most of us shackers do that from time to time. But I don't think I said anything that was especially derogatory of you personally. I may not like your ideas, but I'm not going to go any further than that, and I'd appreciate it if you'd give me the same courtesy from here on out.

Agreed?

VirginiaBob

Agreed. In the future, people would take your more seriously if you try not to look like a one-sided political hack (no offense) in your post. Rant about Democrats and other countries (such as Japan) also and you would have more credibility and it wouldn't sound like you are all about the politics and nationalism.

amerikajin

Bob,

I re-read some of my comments and to be fair, they were not as diplomatic as they could have been, so I apologize for that. I didn't mean it, but perhaps someone could have construed it as an indirect insult.

I guess we all have to try to keep a cool head in some of these discussions, myself included.

We can disagree, and sometimes even vehemently disagree, without being disagreeable.

Peace out.

Men want women to be women. We want femininity.

I like a strong women when the conditions warrant it but I also like to be the strong man and protect my gal. I also like to open doors for women and play the gentleman and I am offended when a women doesn't appreciate that in me. If she is sooo into the strong women role then it is a turn off.

I do like a women who will give me sh*t and not just agree with me on every topic so an opinionated women is a good thing as long as she is flexible. I think some of the younger women and career gals have taken the lib movement to a new art form. They believe so much in the equality of the sexes that there is no line but we have blended into a sexless blob. Men and women bring different things to the table and we should appreciate the differences in each other and build relationships that create not destroy.

They say that opposites attract so in theory a weak man should like a dominate women but I really don't think these men are happy in that role. They have neutered their manhood and became the thing that women hate. We need to re-learn the roles of men and women so we each can reach our full potential.

amerikajin

I like a strong women when the conditions warrant it but I also like to be the strong man and protect my gal. I also like to open doors for women and play the gentleman and I am offended when a women doesn't appreciate that in me. If she is sooo into the strong women role then it is a turn off.

If a woman actually were to get bitchy with because I open the door for her, that would be the end of the date - right at that moment.

They believe so much in the equality of the sexes that there is no line but we have blended into a sexless blob.

It goes back to what I said earlier in this thread. The women's rights movement didn't err in giving women the power to dump deadbeat husbands, nor did it err in giving them the right to provide for themselves in case they're out on their own or if they don't really have an interest in being tied down in a marriage. Where it has gone wrong is that women are now trying to compete with men, a proverbial "battle of the sexes."

I'll give you a classic example: women's sports. Take the U.S. women's soccer team. I mean, look, that's great that they won the women's world cup and everything, but outside the U.S. who really gave a s***? And who inside the U.S. cares about the WNBA? Why does it get air time? I know, I know - that's a sexist thing to say. Except for the fact that they aren't the best athletes in the game, yet they want prime time coverage and advertising revenue as though they are. There are exceptions, but sports is traditionally a man's arena. If you want real gender equality, put the U.S. women's team against the men's team - you'd never hear the name Mia Hamm ever again.

I remember once when I was maybe 17 or 18, sitting next to a woman who had graduated from Uni and was in the business world at the time. We started a nice conversation and started talking about jobs, careers and so forth. And then we somehow or another began talking about pilots and how they were all men, to which I jokingly made the remark "Yeah, we could use some female pilots - I bet they could 'clean house'" Now, 'clean house' is an old expression which means to clean out all of the existing problems and make something better than before, or at least when used in that context. But she totally took it as an insult and didn't even bother to let me explain. And to this day, I think that's where feminism's gone wrong - women taking themselves too seriously that they feel like they're always at war with the opposite sex.

And it's that kind of attitude that insidiously makes its way into relationships. Men are afraid to be men, because they're not sure if being a man is really what his mate wants. Men don't know whether to be gentle or an a**h***, or both, or when. Men are afraid to commit to marriage because they're fearful of being told one day by his wife that they've "grown apart," or that he's "no longer her match", or not an "equal partner." We're confused because we get all of this politically correct psychobabble about how women want equality, about how they want to be treated no differently than men, and how they don't even need a man anymore. And so the message that is sent to men early in life is that being a man is bad, and that the woman will appreciate you if you play down your masculinity and "understand" the woman. It's a fine bit of social engineering by NOW.

Unfortunately, many of these men who capitulate to political correctness wander around for years wondering why they don't seem to attract women, while the select few who do ignore the feminist propaganda machine end up getting all the action - because they were smart enough not to fall for the game. They know what women really want, and that's male power.

Originally posted by amerikajin

[They know what women really want, and that's male power.

Not necessarily. What some women want is a man who thinks analytically and independently, and values others who do likewise. Someone who stands by his own principles, and doesn't get swayed by popular notions of what a "real man" is...or "what women want."

It's a sad thing to meet someone who you believe to be one of that rare breed, only to be slowly disappointed as he "grows up" to become more reactionary and less imaginative in his thinking. It usually starts with the desire to lead the herd, and almost always ends up with the action of simply joining it.

Originally posted by Lonestar

I prefer what moi described which is kinda like a seesaw. You need two people to work it, but from time to time one person is higher than the other. No matter who's up there, he/she can't do it without the support from the other.

Look LONESTAR.....how many couples u know like the above??? I have not met one yet in real life....In a couple it is one person who dominates the other, as in most other relationships. There is no idealistic "middle ground" that you and MOI are talking about. It does not exist, period!

People who lead an dominate do not like to follow and be dominated, it is their peronsality. And conversely people who like to take the back seat do not like to drive.

It is an extrelemly rare couple where there is always a 50/50 balance of power and dominance. :)

• 5 months later...

Not true. Some people like being lead and leading. Feminism is an insult. It really is. Now, what are you saying; you haven't met a women to want to learn about plumbing? Heres one. And cooking is so boring and expensive. Learning is what a relationship is about and since many males already know male oriented things they teach women how to do these things. Women like being controlled. More women are Chrstian because it is a lot easier to obey then to be a commander. God gave the ladies the easy way out.

Dominant women actively seek out submissive men because of percisely this reason: Controlling women like to ... oh wait, my woman is yelling something at me... *sigh* brb

it is just like a dude taking on the properties of a woman. f*** that!!! I don't want to shop and watch desperate housewife and have 125 pairs of shoes

The wisdom of role-reversal is an oxymoron.
I prefer what moi described which is kinda like a seesaw. You need two people to work it, but from time to time one person is higher than the other.
I like the term ‘tag-team’ a little better.

It should be more like teamwork rather than competition.