Okay, I'm doing it. I think it's time.

Popsicle

thefooloftheyear
Well that explains why he's hooked - you're clearly a sex goddess in the bedroom and now he can't let you go. It's all your own fault for being so flexible, maybe.

Or he hadn't been laid in a long time...

But who knows??

IMO, it will be hard for the OP to get a "handle" on it at this point though....All I can say is not many "players" act like this guy, and not that many grown women will tolerate it enough to get to the point of giving in, so to speak...

But let's not be harsh...Grown people are clearly entitled to do what they want....maybe its all meant to be....Let's wish her well....:)

TFY

• Like 1
You guys are worried about the wrong thing. Lol We already had sex the 3rd time we saw each other last Tuesday (I forgot we've seen each other 3 times). Sorry, I'm sex and love starved.

Yay Popsi! :D:bunny:

• Like 1
  • Author
Or he hadn't been laid in a long time...

But who knows??

TFY

His last relationship was 6 months ago.

• Author

Guy 1 and I just took Myers Briggs tests after dinner tonight. I got ESFP and he got ISFP.

I think it's more accurate that I am ISFP and he is ISTP.

Pops

First off Yay! Sex is fantastic isn't it...!!!

Secondly... he is still rushing it and my hackles are still up.

Its almost as if he is trying to lay a claim on you or something...

I dunno it still just doesn't feel right to me!

• Like 1
  • Author
Pops

First off Yay! Sex is fantastic isn't it...!!!

Secondly... he is still rushing it and my hackles are still up.

Its almost as if he is trying to lay a claim on you or something...

I dunno it still just doesn't feel right to me!

Hahaha thanks Toodles! I had a running joke with my friends about cobwebs developing on me, so now I'm happy that that's over. Lol

He is rushing. Last night he asked me to be his girlfriend. This morning he booked a fancy hotel room for sat overlooking the ocean. (And it will be raining!). I don't know what in the hell is wrong with him. Lol. I told him he doesn't have to do this. I think he's just excited for now. I can't see him (or any man, for that matter!) keeping this up.

The funny thing is, when we're together, it's his phone that beeps non-stop, not mine. I'm not worried about it right now (it's too soon for those feelings) so I don't say anything, but I guess he is trying to stake claim. I don't have any other guys anyway though!

Hahaha thanks Toodles! I had a running joke with my friends about cobwebs developing on me, so now I'm happy that that's over. Lol

He is rushing. Last night he asked me to be his girlfriend. This morning he booked a fancy hotel room for sat overlooking the ocean. (And it will be raining!). I don't know what in the hell is wrong with him. Lol. I told him he doesn't have to do this. I think he's just excited for now. I can't see him (or any man, for that matter!) keeping this up.

The funny thing is, when we're together, it's his phone that beeps non-stop, not mine. I'm not worried about it right now (it's too soon for those feelings) so I don't say anything, but I guess he is trying to stake claim. I don't have any other guys anyway though!

Some guys can but they build it up slowly and then keep going at a steady pace through the years.

At least you have had a service and know everything still works!!! :laugh:

Thing is Pops what happens when it stops?

I dunno. You seem comfortable with it but I am still worried.

• Like 1
  • Author

And by the way, I still don't see long term potential with him, so I don't know how to handle that.

Right I know this is true. I don't really believe that he will keep this level of excitement up (he's 42)! It will die down!

I am a little confused.

You have stated previously many times on other thread you love needy, clingy guys, and also would love spending every day together in the beginning.

That it makes you feel secure and stuff.

So now you have a guy just like that and it's too much, too suffocating.

Thank the Lord! I knew you would feel differently once it happened.

Pops, this guy is love bombing you.

Please Google if you are not familiar.

Yes he will calm down eventually, but not how you think.

Once reality hits, he's had enough, gets bored, he will be gone altogether.

Love bombers have a tendency to do that.

You need to slow him down now!

Slow him down now... what are you afraid of?

If it's him getting mad and physically hurting you, then don't slow him down, just leave now!!

Block delete next! He sounds a bit unstable..

Edited by katiegrl
  • Like 1

Google the hotel he's booked and see how far it is from a church and an airport, the speed this guys running at you never know what might happen at the weekend. Has he asked you how you look in white?

I jest but in all seriousness you are having doubts and the rest of us are having concerns for you. As much as you may feel guilty in some ways for letting him down or even having to cancel occasionally, you do need to slow this whole thing down. Showing someone you love them is one thing, drowning them in that love is another. I've sent girls flowers before and I can tell you that a single red rose works a lot better than a bunch of them. Actually chocolates work better, but that goes against the point I'm trying to make.

You must know that if you don't slow things down now, then the next few weeks of posts from you will only get more urgent and unsure, or will be from a cheesy holiday destination where you're now called Mrs instead of Miss.

• Like 1

Frankly he sounds manic.

Some sort of mental disorder perhaps?

I dunno, like I said at the very least, extremely unstable.

This not normal or typical behavior by any stretch.

Follow you gut Pops, seriously.

I am actually sort of worried for you know.

If you go away with him and he doesn't get his way, he could snap and go off on you, and hurt you.

This is getting kinda scary.

Edited by katiegrl
  • Like 1
  • Author
I am a little confused.

You have stated previously many times on other thread you love needy, clingy guys, and also would love spending every day together in the beginning.

That it makes you feel secure and stuff.

So now you have a guy just like that and it's too much, too suffocating.

Thank the Lord! I knew you would feel differently once it happened.

Pops, this guy is love bombing you.

Please Google if you are not familiar.

Yes he will calm down eventually, but not how you think.

Once reality hits, he's had enough, gets bored, he will be gone altogether.

Love bombers have a tendency to do that.

You need to slow him down now!

Slow him down now... what are you afraid of?

If it's him getting mad and physically hurting you, then don't slow him down, just leave now!!

Block delete next! He sounds a bit unstable..

Hi Katie, oh no, I do like clingy. I love it. It's just that I don't see a future with him and I've never had this sort of thing with a guy I don't see a future with, so it's confusing for me.

I will try to slow him down. I just have to think of how to do that.

And I will respond more here later after things settle at work.

• Author
Google the hotel he's booked and see how far it is from a church and an airport, the speed this guys running at you never know what might happen at the weekend. Has he asked you how you look in white?

I jest but in all seriousness you are having doubts and the rest of us are having concerns for you. As much as you may feel guilty in some ways for letting him down or even having to cancel occasionally, you do need to slow this whole thing down. Showing someone you love them is one thing, drowning them in that love is another. I've sent girls flowers before and I can tell you that a single red rose works a lot better than a bunch of them. Actually chocolates work better, but that goes against the point I'm trying to make.

You must know that if you don't slow things down now, then the next few weeks of posts from you will only get more urgent and unsure, or will be from a cheesy holiday destination where you're now called Mrs instead of Miss.

No way, I m not getting married to him! Lol!

bluefeather

I agree somewhat with katiegrl about love bombing. It's a possibility. But I am glad that you are having fun out there, Popsicle :)

However, because you are saying things like this:

And by the way, I still don't see long term potential with him, so I don't know how to handle that.

I might consider being more upfront with this person about that feeling. It seems like he is firing everything he can at you to get you into a serious relationship with him. If that is not what you want, I see things getting un-fun when he starts getting even more pushy and you finally tell him to really ease up.

That is just my thought though, and I really am glad you are enjoying yourself with the experience from OLD. Obviously, this person is too, but he does sound very needy. And this is coming from a person who thinks he is needy... Maybe I am not as clingy as I thought, because I would not go so far as to rent a fancy hotel room within what, the first few weeks? Especially if we were not even dating. If he is being romantic and can afford it and is having fun, maybe it's cool. But if the guy has serious abandonment issues, this could be actions of desperation.

• Like 1
  • Author
If he is being romantic and can afford it and is having fun, maybe it's cool. But if the guy has serious abandonment issues, this could be actions of desperation.

I think it's both. He seems very spontaneous and a "Do first, think later" kind of person. He likes to have fun (and so do I!). But I also know that he has abandonment issues too.

I know I have to have a serious talk with him or something. I just can't do it today please!

• Author

Oh by the way, I forgot to mention that this guy is a twin, so that might be why he's so clingy/needy.

Oh by the way, I forgot to mention that this guy is a twin, so that might be why he's so clingy/needy.

I don't know any clingy twins...

I do know some really cheeky ones though.

Draw a great big flower in marker pen on his bottom so you can check its still him next time you get naked...

• Like 2
  • Author
I don't know any clingy twins...

I do know some really cheeky ones though.

Draw a great big flower in marker pen on his bottom so you can check its still him next time you get naked...

Lol they are fraternal, so no worries there.

• Author

So, I guess we're an item now.

I know that was quick (2 weeks) but I just couldn't resist him. He's so cute and fun and sexy and free. :love:

But we have some major incompatibilities that I know will cause problems that preclude anything long term. So, I guess I'll just go along for the ride and enjoy it and let the chips fall where they may.

I'll post here as things unfold.

• Author

OMG, I spoke too soon, we just had our first argument already! He was talking trash about his ex (I never asked to hear about her) and that morphed into an argument between us! It didn't go well. *sigh*

OMG, I spoke too soon, we just had our first argument already! He was talking trash about his ex (I never asked to hear about her) and that morphed into an argument between us! It didn't go well. *sigh*

It happens :-/ You mentioned that you guys had some incompatibilities.

I had a breakup with a woman I'd known for 6 years, yet we only lasted a month.

I think she's a great person, but we couldn't go 24 hours without getting into some kind of argument.

Better you figure out the deal breakers early, than burn too much time and effort.

• Like 1
  • Author
It happens :-/ You mentioned that you guys had some incompatibilities.

I had a breakup with a woman I'd known for 6 years, yet we only lasted a month.

I think she's a great person, but we couldn't go 24 hours without getting into some kind of argument.

Better you figure out the deal breakers early, than burn too much time and effort.

That's totally true. I'm sad, this may be the end already. :(

That's totally true. I'm sad, this may be the end already. :(

You finally catch the bus and now complain to the driver about the seats? Crikey, when it rains it pours in this dating game. Sorry to hear this, but often we can be blinded by our emotions that we ignore some of the negatives until they slap us right in the face. It's still early days though and in reality there's no problem with having differences and even having an argument - it shows passion and shows that neither of you are the type who are going to back down just to keep the other happy. In some ways, it's healthy to let it out, let off some steam. Much better than those that bottle it up. Let the dust settle and have a chat about it. No one's perfect, but we often create them to be in our minds when we fall for someone.

• Like 1

Hi popsicle,

Well you are back in the dating game. You had some fun.

Brushed off the cobwebs.

You also learned that clingy and moving too fast are not so great.

All and all not such a bad result.

Not all encounters have to end in marriage :)

• Like 1