Haven't dated in a decade, 28 and a virgin, consdering suicide

JGF87

• Author

EDIT: **** it, I'm going to bed and forgetting about this site. None of this can be edited or removed so it's just bad for me.

Edited by JGF87
losburatinos

I'm 26 and in a similar situation. Been alone for many, many years.

I too often think that I will never find someone to be with me. I often have thoughts that I'm just unlucky to be born and raised this way.

But then I remember all the knowledge I have about this world. About the Universe, about the planet, about the endless species walking on it.

I take my inspiration from it. I remember how unique of an event it is to be alive as a human.

And then I just refuse to give up until I cannot resist anymore. I will walk until my legs stop carrying me. After all, one frog that kept living is the one that didn't stop moving.

That's what helps me, at least for now. Maybe I'm just lying to myself. But I won't stop till I still have hope. We only have one chance to live.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
I'm taking my final jump in a few minutes. Thank you to all who tried to help me.

Please let me know if you are still here as soon as possible. I am very worried.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
wishyouneverleft

I can't speak for everyone, but I've been there recently. I really hope these are just cries for help. I went close to running my car off the bridge once, and recently the pain of this recent breakup had me thinking of a noose. I found solace in a couple of external connections, religion, and realizing its one life, why the hell end it? Rather than try to end yours, waste yours helping others. If you were able to type up all those messages, you've got hands that some people are born without, sight that some may need to cross a road, and a brain that can process thoughts to a cognitive degree. Throw it all away in helping people, and seek help. Commit to this for 30 days and come back and tell me how it works out.

• Like 4
  • Author

I'm not going to keep wasting my life just to make others happy. That's what my life's been up to this point anyway.

Is there no way to close a thread?

• Like 1
CautiouslyOptimistic
I'm not going to keep wasting my life just to make others happy. That's what my life's been up to this point anyway.

Is there no way to close a thread?

You can use the alert button to contact a moderator to lock the thread. I doubt that's what you really want, though.

• Like 1
BarbedFenceRider

I always tell my kids. "We don't quit, our family doesn't quit." You got yourself into this, see yourself through and finish it.

Cheaters never prosper, and ending yourself is doing just that. Cheating.

I know you probably have heard euphemisms hundreds of times saying,

"we all have been there." Or "I know what you are feeling." Bull****. I have NO clue what you are going through or how it affects you. We are all separate people. I can say, I hear your pain. I can say, it is real and your life experiences are valid. I Myself have been to a very dark place. I was in emergency services (read:social janitors) for a large chunk of my professional life and it about consumed me. Cleaning up the battlefield of humanity on a day to day basis, just to see it in chaos when I turned my back. Good people who I couldn't save and horrible ones that always seemed to get a second chance. Talk about losing a sense of purpose! It was then that I had my very personal spiritual experience and I "found" my wife. She was the one who stuck with me when everyone else ran away. Sunshine patriots and all. In my line of work back then, nobody admitted feelings or mental health issues. We were the last line of defense for society. We had to be strong. Unfortunately, there is only so much Atlas can hold on his back. Then he starts to fall. Many a dark day indeed. But it DOES get better. And you are never alone. NEVER! Even when you think no one listens, they are. And without you, it does leave a permanent hole that will never be filled. You are necessary. And you are loved. I hear your cries of pain, and I see you calling for help. God bless you and protect you. Peace be with you.

What are you doing to make yourself happy? Perhaps if you changed something things will get better.

I have been in that blackness so I know how powerful it is & how debilitating. I also know that when I actually listen to my therapist & do the things she tells me to do -- mediate, exercise, make a gratitude's list every morning & every night I feel better.

• Like 2
  • Author

I'm listening to my therapist and doing what they say, but it's not stopping the loneliness.

You can use the alert button to contact a moderator to lock the thread. I doubt that's what you really want, though.

It is. I just sent a request to lock this thread and ban my account. This place isn't good for me.