Guys with profile pictures next to hot girls

The guy's mistake is including more than one woman in the photo. More than one means they only see him as a friend, nothing more, that's why they can all be together.

If the women are young, could they be daughters?

Not sure I follow. Is he supposed to post a picture of him with only one other woman? His ex? How do you know that one woman doesn't just only see him as a friend also?

• Like 1
I'd be interested to see how many women respond positively to this vs. negatively. I had a couple pictures with hot women (all friends, not random women) on my profile. Did that help or hurt my profile results? I don't know.

I do have positive experiences from hanging out with these women in offline environments. Whenever I went somewhere with my wingwoman (who definitely falls into the hot girl category), I received more attention from the ladies than when I went alone.

What was your purpose for posting them? Did you post them in an attempt to attract more women? To, dare I say, impress them?

Did you not think a photo of you alone would be good enough?

Edited by katiegrl
What was your purpose for posting them? Did you post them in an attempt to attract more women? To, dare I say, impress women?
Yes, I posted those pictures to make my profile more "attractive".
Did you not think a photo of you alone would be good enough to attract them?
My profile had been up for months with only pictures of me. I wasn't getting any results, so I tried adding these pictures (among other things).
Yes, I posted those pictures to make my profile more "attractive".My profile had been up for months with only pictures of me. I wasn't getting any results, so I tried adding these pictures (among other things).

Did it work? I assume yes, so there you go.

As I said, I am convinced I am an anomaly and NOT like most women, so don't go by me. :)

• Like 1

Men think that being seen with hot women will ensure other hot women will be attracted to them. It's a common misconception that we actually care about this, but you know, some urban myths are hard to bust. ;)

When I see a picture like that I immediately think, no thanks. It says to me he is overly invested in what other people think of him and is trying too hard. I don't want to date that kind of insecurity.

• Like 2
It was a recommendation from several of my female friends.

This makes me think the women on this forum aren't necessarily representative of most women out there. I imagine the same could be said of the men here too.

Social proof to point out that they hang out with (attractive) women, so they probably think it makes them look more desirable.

Like it would make other women go; "well these girls like him, so he must be a great guy who is also very popular."

Did it work? I assume yes, so there you go.

As I said, I am convinced I am an anomaly and NOT like most women, so don't go by me. :)

Well, my OLD experience did improve, but I'm not sure I can attribute it specifically to those pictures or some of the other changes I made.

As I mentioned earlier, being seen in public with my wingwoman did get me a lot of attention from women. If being seen in real life with a hot woman increases results, then it should help with OLD too.

Social proof to point out that they hang out with (attractive) women, so they probably think it makes them look more desirable.

Like it would make other women go; "well these girls like him, so he must be a great guy who is also very popular."

Exactly. It's called social proof. It works with younger women, I see this in real life all the time. I think perhaps on a dating site it would work if it was more of a mixed group rather than just women.

I am very surprised that women advised a poster to use a photo like this. I didn't think those that were impressed by social proofing were conscious of it and you probably don't want the kind of woman that's impressed by it

• Like 1

Is it a good picture of the guy? Maybe he thought women would be paying more attention to him rather than his beautiful friends.

Or at least a woman he would want to be with, anyway.

As I mentioned earlier, being seen in public with my wingwoman did get me a lot of attention from women. If being seen in real life with a hot woman increases results, then it should help with OLD too.

No. Women trust you more when they see you with a woman, they might even talk to you more because they think you are taken. Or can tell by your friend's body language that you aren't but they feel more comfortable anyway.

On a photo that wouldn't come across. I always thought guys with girls either tried too hard or were clueless.

• Like 1
  • Author
Well, my OLD experience did improve, but I'm not sure I can attribute it specifically to those pictures or some of the other changes I made.

This is pretty interesting. What I'm hearing is, men do this (post pics of themselves with hot women) more often than not, because they think it's what we- women- want to see? Not necessarily that it has something to do with what they want from us, or what type of woman they want to date?

So...if men knew that all women would be attracted to them if they posted a picture of themselves eating ice cream, they'd post pictures of themselves eating ice cream. Even if they thought it was a dumb picture.

I am turned off by group photos in general but ones with guys posing with large groups of hot women (especially if they look very done up, at a club, etc.) are especially a turn off to me. It's just not my style (both a guy who tries to impress and a guy into those scenes) so I just move on to the next profile.

Pics of guys with their kids do the same to me. I don't have any issues dating single dads but I dislike people putting their kids up to attract women.

• Like 2
I am turned off by group photos in general but ones with guys posing with large groups of hot women (especially if they look very done up, at a club, etc.) are especially a turn off to me. It's just not my style (both a guy who tries to impress and a guy into those scenes) so I just move on to the next profile.

Pics of guys with their kids do the same to me. I don't have any issues dating single dads but I dislike people putting their kids up to attract women.

What about dogs?

What I'm hearing is, men do this (post pics of themselves with hot women) more often than not, because they think it's what we- women- want to see?
Yes.
Not necessarily that it has something to do with what they want from us, or what type of woman they want to date?
Yes. I don't expect the women I date to look like my friends.
So...if men knew that all women would be attracted to them if they posted a picture of themselves eating ice cream, they'd post pictures of themselves eating ice cream. Even if they thought it was a dumb picture.
Yes. It's a low effort, high reward scenario, so why not do it?
  • Author
I don't expect the women I date to look like my friends.Yes. It's a low effort, high reward scenario, so why not do it?

And if you saw photos of a girl with a bunch of really hot men, would it make you more interested or less?

• Like 1
And if you saw photos of a girl with a bunch of really hot men, would it make you more interested or less?
Neither. It would not sway me one way or another.
What about dogs?

Dogs don't bother me. I happen to love dogs so it's a plus to me. But I'm sure some women out there it won't appeal to. My advice is that if you want a dog lover go ahead and include it. Women do the same here. There are also a lot of women out there who post pics of their dogs/cats. There are a lot of men this doesn't appeal to as well. You might want to think about how important your pets are and whether that is a quality you want to find on OLD.

just because some woman doesnt like it doesnt mean it works. my picture is just of me and thats not working

Just giving MY opinion. I get a lot of interest on OLD and that is one of those things that will usually have me move to the next profile. I MIGHT overlook it if the profile seems like an uncanny fit but not usually.

To me OLD is a lot like finding a job. The profile is like your resume. You want to make it appeal to whatever 'job' (or woman/man) you are wanting to find there. You might make your pool a little smaller but will hopefully go on better-fitting dates.

Men don't evaluate women on their ability to attract good looking men.

• Like 1

I think this backfires in the case of both. It's a can't win scenario.

First someone has to search through the pic for the person (which is annoying and sometimes hard to find them).

If the people don't look good, it gives of one impression. If they look good it gives another.

Regardless of whether the people are attractive or not there are so many interpretations. It could mean they are social. It could mean they like harems/orbiters. Etc.

I think it's just better to not go there when you are trying to attract other people unless there is something that the photo implies that appeals to the type of people you want to attract. For example if you want to attract animal lovers post an animal. If you want to find an outdoors person post hiking trips.

If there is guy who is pictured with hot women in more than one photograph, I see it as male posturing. Sometimes it's the "he's hot and he knows it" kind of dude that does it and sometimes it's your average joe, but either way it turns me off. It comes across as too blatant to me. I prefer more subtle, less in your face, men. Sometimes I look at the women and conclude that I probably don't meet their looks criteria anyway. :p

• Like 1
  • Author
Men don't evaluate women on their ability to attract good looking men.

Well maybe some men don't. But another man already posted on this same thread that he would think poorly of a woman who did this.

• Like 1
SincereOnlineGuy
I posted this in the profile picture thread but I honestly just want more responses.

Nearly half of the profiles I come across have a picture of the guy standing next to one, but usually two or three really beautiful women. You can usually tell by the picture if they are actually friends, or if it's just a group of hot ladies he found at a party, or bar, or whatever. I don't really understand why someone does this.

Is it trying to say:

1.Hey, look at me, I get really hot chicks because I'm a stud?

2. These women are hot, but they already have boyfriends or otherwise won't date me. I want a woman who looks just like this.

3. Women love me! You'll love me too!

Or am I missing the point?

Yes, you are missing the point...

which is that they and millions of others were told, in guides for making online dating profiles more appealing to show pictures of yourself in the company of attractive people, thus making you (them) seem more attractive and appealing for so doing.

Not sure I follow. Is he supposed to post a picture of him with only one other woman? His ex? How do you know that one woman doesn't just only see him as a friend also?

Only one woman in the photo does not mean she's his gf or ex, could even be a daughter. But more than one woman, SURELY they are not women interested in him romantically.