Ghosted after fourth date.

Also if you ghost someone it does not guarantee you will you avoid any confrontation. The person being ghosted will probably realise what is happening and may call you out for doing it. You could receive angry texts because you disappeared on them. So the whole purpose of ghosting someone may end up being counter productive to the ghostee.

After you send your rejection text -- simply block them....so you don't receive any more texts. Nasty or otherwise.

Problem solved.

• Like 1

Ghosting is because the other person is afraid. They are afraid to hurt you, afraid of dealing with tears and emotions and stress.

Just remember that before you get angry.

If you are angry or over emotional then just let them slip away.

• Like 1
Ghosting is because the other person is afraid. They are afraid to hurt you, afraid of dealing with tears and emotions and stress.

Just remember that before you get angry.

If you are angry or over emotional then just let them slip away.

I see it as far more passive aggressive than this. They know they'll cause uncertainty, confusion and pain for the victim of their cruelty. They'd just rather not have to see it/hear about it.

It's also a morally bankrupt act - adults should be capable of mature behaviour. If one embarks on relationships, one needs to not be selfish and cowardly in how one handles other human beings.

Right.

I plucked up the balls and called the guy that ghosted on me.

I kept it very light, very airy and happy.

Simple truth. He thinks I am great. He really likes me but just can not see how its going to work and doesn't know why but he just can't see it.

So thats it.

I am glad I made that call as he was expecting me to be crying and pleading and emotional and I wasn't (I was inside but the outside was friendly and happy). So he is left with a higher opinion of me.

However. I know that if I made that call and couldn't stay calm and happy then it would have been a disaster and I would have felt worse.

So my advice. If you can keep it very light and go into it KNOWING that you are likely to hear this then go for it.

If you can't keep a hold of the "Crazy lady/ guy" inside thats bubbling away. Don't.

Ask any guy why they dumped/ghosted on you he will tell you the same thing : you are great . It's totally me. No one will actually tell you "because you are boring" "because I just want sex" or "because you look nothing like your picture" ( and the truth is, it's always one of these. Oh one more: he picked someone else over you )

There is no point to ask. Just move on I think.

Edited by frus69