My wife had an affair [updated]

This marriage is not dead, not over, WW is not going anywhere yet.

Post D day many WW's still fogged up still justifying what the did to themselves.

So they say they still love the OM, they do not want to have sex with the BH, their feelings for the BH are gone.

Yet as the WW's defog they realize what a POS the OM is, they redevelop feelings for their BH. The marriage recovers.

This is exactly right. Spot on advice.

• Like 1

If you haven't go full exposure to try and end the affair.

His/her friends, family, work if needed.

No chance unless OM are out of the picture

• Author

Its over.

Because all that has transpired she is afraid of court and she is basically giving me almost everything.

Waiting on our paperwork so we can submit it to the county. It should arrive today.

So this is weird. I feel SOOOOOOO much better. At least there is no limbo and I know that I can walk away knowing I poured everything in to it.

I am trying to get the car insurance changed over ASAP.

• Like 4
Mrs. John Adams

Mike....while I know this is not what you thought you wanted....it is most likely the best thing for you.

She has done the right thing...she knows what she did...and she is walking away.

Maybe sometime down the road...after she pulls herself together...and you both have time to heal....you can build a friendship. I don't think she is a bad person....she is a troubled person. Let's hope she gets all the help she needs.

Good luck to you....stay strong and be happy. You deserve peace.

• Like 2
Jersey born raised

What did you want ? Do you have primary custody of the children still at home? Are you retaining the home ? Asset division 50/50. 70/30 ?

You got what you think is fair, would you have gotten more if you went to court? The subject of her being in a fog has been touched on here, but I've seen BS in a fog as well. Take care.

Wow. I did NOT expect that. :(

I will be thinking of you in these difficult times. It may be all for the best.

And expect that she may want to get together again too.

My guess is that the roller coaster ride is not yet over.

Hang in there.

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...
  • Author

Hey all!

It has been awhile.

The divorce was final in March. Things are pretty good really. New girlfriend is awesome. She leaves me little doubt that she loves me though I do have a hard time believing it. I am pretty insecure. I imagine that it is fallout from the divorce at play.

The thing I have going for me is that she knows my history and seems willing to work with me.

Anyway I am now on this forum asking for advice on another level. Thanks to all that contributed to my recovery! It isn't total recovery yet but it hasnt even been a year .

• Like 4
And expect that she may want to get together again too.

Mike, has your wife tried to see if there's been any thaw in your position?

Mr. Lucky

• Author
Mike, has your wife tried to see if there's been any thaw in your position?

Mr. Lucky

No she hasn't. I'm very happy now anyway so it doesn't matter. There was so much missing from that relationship anyway... it lacked depth and understanding. We should have just been friends.

I was young and didn't understand what a relationship should be when I got married. The only reason I know now is because it all present in the new relationship so it's become clear. Now if I can just conquer this insecurity! :)

I read through all my posts and I'm in such a different place now. I don't want her back. In my case the grass was greener.

And if the new relationship doesn't work? At least I will have a clear understanding of what a relationship should be.

• Like 5

Mike I'm happy for you.

Was there any indication from your ex that she was truly remorseful and sorry for what she put you through?

And don't sweat the sexual compatibility stuff. Your ex just fed you that line to get you to file for divorce. She wanted out but didn't have the guts to pull the switch herself so she told you what she knew would push you over the edge. I am sure that for much of your marriage she and you were very compatible.

She just got it in her head to cheat. She did it because she wanted to and because she felt she deserved to. It had nothing to do with you. She could have ended the marriage gracefully, without cheating, but she chose to show you and the world her true character: weak.

• Like 1
Jersey born raised

Wow, I am very glad for you. When a poster disappears like you do I become a little melancholy for them as I can't help but think they have given up on life.

So what has happen in the last ten months or so?