He "forgot his wallet" on date

sweet honeydew

Sometimes I don't carry my wallet... only my ID and some cash. This guy could have had cash on him, but from what OP has described about him, I think could have had nothing on him!

Sometimes I don't carry my wallet... only my ID and some cash. This guy could have had cash on him, but from what OP has described about him, I think could have had nothing on him!

I know what you mean ...like a bifold or cash clip. Less bulky.

Just enough for ID, cash and a credit card. My ex used those.

I still think it's likely he had at least that in his pocket.

If he didn't, then he broke the law by driving her car without his license/ID on him....which would have resulted in OP getting ticketed if they got stopped.

Think he would have paid for that?

So not only is he unresourceful, he is irresponsible as well.

Nice guy.

I know what you mean ...like a bifold or cash clip. Less bulky.

Just enough for ID, cash and a credit card. My ex used those.

I still think it's likely he had at least that in his pocket.

If he didn't, then he broke the law by driving her car without his license/ID on him....which would have resulted in OP getting ticketed if they got stopped.

Think he would have paid for that?

So not only is he unresourceful, he is irresponsible as well.

Nice guy.

Exactly. Just some cash and my ID to slid into my front pocket... I usually do this in the Summer. Winter time I can hold my wallet in my coat.

Considering this guy is 50+ in age... he IS a seasoned scammer. He's an old dog up to no good. Probably some cash in his pocket in case of an emergency but there are some guys out there who are dead broke, no money on them, and seek people to mooch of off... They'll go into bars with nothing (he doesn't need ID really if he's over 50) he stands around, chats people up and hopes someone will buy him a round and milk that drink until it's time to leave or he finds a sucker for the night to pay his way.

He's a moocher. A man of his age with any class at all would have gotten back to his car and given you some money before the night was up. Lame excuse all around. No reason he couldn't just go to his car to begin with.

This^^^

I can see if these were some 20 or 30 yr olds, but in your 50s? That's messy. smh

It's one thing to forget your wallet for the first half of the date. It's quite another to then suggest a second activity that will end up costing money when a free alternative was suggested and would have sufficed.

The fact that he made no mention of it once you got back to his car is glaring.

• Like 2

Once I went to an hotel with a date and some friends. When i got there, i searched for my wallet. I forgot the wallet back at home.

Worst vacation experience ever. Almost didnt eat and paid for everything when i got home.

I'd recommend that a man lose interest in a woman who "forgot her wallet" (but continues to raise the bill of the date, and doesn't offer any money when back at her wallet). But men don't seem to lose interest based on that. WHy not?
It would take more than one instance of this behavior to cause me to lose interest. I would not expect her to pay me back immediately when we got to her wallet because most people (that I know) do not carry $100+ on them. I would wait until the next time I saw her.

In any case, we will never know the truth of this situation. The OP's date wanted to see her again this week, but she has already decided not to see him again.

• Author
sweet honeydew
Did you agree to do this "you pay for this one, I'll pay for the next one"?

No, that's not how he and I are. Otherwise I don't think he will say anything about "paying me back".

Mr. "Old Fashioned" has YET to come by the OP's place

He doesn't know where I live. Thank God.

were you not carded when you ordered drinks?

No one asked for ID.

Frankly, I was caught off guard with the "forgot my wallet" situation. Didn't think much of it and just wanted to enjoy the present and the show. My time worth more than the cost. He did pull out his home depot card, gas card and whatever card he found on him to give to me when he said he forgot his wallet. Go figure...

Like everything in life, I will never know FOR SURE what the truth is. I guess I often CHOOSE to believe people and give them benefit of doubt. Not that I am naive, just the alternative way of living is stressful and hard.

If I have to rate the reason why I won't see him again, it would be:

lack of consideration > disrespectful > breaking words > forgot his wallet

He is the way he is for a reason. I am just not comfortable to be associated with it.

But I did choose to have a good time. So be it. Now many of you have a chance to think about what you will do so you won't be caught off guard if it happens. :-)

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Fix quotes
  • Like 4
I'd recommend that a man lose interest in a woman who "forgot her wallet" (but continues to raise the bill of the date, and doesn't offer any money when back at her wallet). But men don't seem to lose interest based on that. WHy not?

Is that a serious question?

Who does society put the responsibility on to pay for dates? When you go to a restaurant with a man, who does the waiter bring the bill to by default? There's your answer.

For the record, women don't need to forget their wallet (purse in their case) and often many of them step out on a date without considering money for the date at all as they know the guy will pay.

If he doesn't, 80% of the time there'll be no following date.

Is that a serious question?

Who does society put the responsibility on to pay for dates? When you go to a restaurant with a man, who does the waiter bring the bill to by default? There's your answer.

Seriously waiters put the check in the middle. I've paid countless times for my BF, exes and just regular male friends, coworkers etc.

I haven't ever seen puzzled looks from the waiters in response to their societal expectations :D

Seriously waiters put the check in the middle. I've paid countless times for my BF, exes and just regular male friends, coworkers etc.

I haven't ever seen puzzled looks from the waiters in response to their societal expectations :D

I actually get it an inordinate amount of time, if it's not the neutral middle. Guess I just have that look. ;)

• Like 1

I'm normally handed the bill. When my partner wants to pay she often passes me her card and asks me to do the business.

• Like 1
I actually get it an inordinate amount of time, if it's not the neutral middle. Guess I just have that look. ;)

LMAO - it is *that* look that explains it all with check handling

• Like 1
I'm normally handed the bill. When my partner wants to pay she often passes me her card and asks me to do the business.

I remember going to the movies with my ex. When we got there he realized he had forgotten his wallet. I said no big deal geez! I will pay this time you never let me pay! so I take my wallet out but he refused I pay for us in front of people, he wanted me to discretely give him the cash to pay our tickets. Big EGO! Then when we got home he gave me the money back, I refused to take it back and he fought me till I took it from him.

aww the good old days

• Like 2
Um ....she already decided she doesn't want to go out w/him anymore.

And that's great, but if she continues to hold onto her current attitude, she could easily end up in a similar situation. She has a sign on her forehead saying "please take advantage of me." She should have ended the date when the guy refused to do a free activity... I've ended plenty of dates early when sketchy behaviour became apparent. Hopefully the next guy will be nicer to her, but there's no guarantee of that.

Edited by SpiralOut

Hah my sister's BF is like this but I thought it is the wild Balkan culture :D

I never had ego responses of American or Western/Northern European men... Making me think it is cultural issue on top of*that* look:D

I remember going to the movies with my ex. When we got there he realized he had forgotten his wallet. I said no big deal geez! I will pay this time you never let me pay! so I take my wallet out but he refused I pay for us in front of people, he wanted me to discretely give him the cash to pay our tickets. Big EGO! Then when we got home he gave me the money back, I refused to take it back and he fought me till I took it from him.

aww the good old days

aww the good old days

Yup that's my bf.

I prefer traditional men who treat women to dates.

Splitting is absolutely never romantic.

but he refused I pay for us in front of people, he wanted me to discretely give him the cash to pay our tickets.

When my ex would be short on cash at times when we'd go out, I'd pay for the evening, but would give him the money in the car before we went into the restaurant, movie or whatever and he would greatly appreciate me doing that rather than doing it in public like I was his mom or his sister. I called it respecting his esteem.

Fat lot of good that did me in the end... :|