Keep texts short to avoid the friend zone

LookAtThisPOst

JuneJulySeptember
Guys are just as guilty of texting too much. This one guy keeps texting me even when I don't respond! "Hey, how's your day?" no response. "You must be busy!" no response. "Did I lose you?" no response. "Good morning!"

I initially liked him until he started texting me way too much.

Why didn't you respond to his first texts if you were interested?

If you were busy that's fine. But keep in mind that if a man doesn't respond to a woman's text because he's too busy or fails to contact a woman in a timely manner after a date, then he risks putting her off and being nexted.

Somebody who knows how to play the game to the tee could be a cheater, a deadbeat father, a bully, a bad person. Another guy who can't keep his foot out of his mouth and messes up chivalry could volunteer for disabled children, be a great father, and always trying to help those who society regularly spits on.

But I digress. Women should keep going for what they want. And men need to stop blaming themselves like every misstep they make is like missing a 35 yard field goal to lose the Superbowl.

Edited by JuneJulySeptember

There is nothing I hate more then random texts or over texting from a girl. Text messages are should be short and too the point. There are guys who try too make conversation and send pointless texts too girls also. A buddy of mine girlfriend who somehow got my number will text me too try and be funny or get a reaction out of me. She thinks his friends don't like her so its her way of testing the waters and seeing how I respond. Its happened 3 times and I have never responded. You think she would take a hint. From a dating prospective if a girl continually wants too strike up a pointless conversation over texting instead of having a real conversation in person I will pretty much write her off. Technology is the real is a big social problem that many people can't seem too understand.

• Author
LookAtThisPOst

Actually, before texting existed...I would get phone #'s from women, talk to them on the phone for about an hour...that said, at the end of the conversation, I would ask them out.

They would say, "I dunno what I got planned that weekend." or some kind of blow-off phrase. See, spent all that time talking and not not score a date...quite frustrating. Guess they were just looking for a phone buddy.

I used to have a woman that was single, would call ME all the time to talk, we'd then talk about getting together, sometimes it was even HER idea. only to have "something come up."

JuneJulySeptember

They would say, "I dunno what I got planned that weekend." or some kind of blow-off phrase. See, spent all that time talking and not not score a date...quite frustrating. Guess they were just looking for a phone buddy.

See. The idea that you should 'get something back' for what you put in is a mentality men need to reverse. It's the #1 source of frustration and bitterness.

Some time ago, I had 4 dates with a woman. I progressively stepped it up so that the first date was coffee and by the third date I had taken her to a nice restaurant. Then for the last date, I took her on a really fun outdoors activity with a couple of my friends. I planned and paid for everything. I spent a few hundred dollars paying for her activities and spent several hours overall planning for the activities. All the dates went well in my mind and even my friends said we were all having a good time.

And then at the end, when I messaged her to see what she was up to, not a response. Completely dropped off the face of the Earth never to be heard from again. Jeez, after all that you think I'd at least get 5 second text saying "I'm sorry, I see us more as friends."

But you know what, I was OK with it. And it is SO BEAUTIFUL to be at that point. It takes a lot of rejection to get to that point where you can look at it that way, and brush it off nonchalantly and move on. I remember how pissed I would have been in the past. And I might get pissed again in the future, but I'm in a really good spot right now. As an average guy, you need to look at it that way. No expectations. No blaming yourself. Just see where it goes. ;)

Edited by JuneJulySeptember

It depends on the girl. Get an idea of her personality. In fact, you know what she prefers already, because you either know her, or observed her. If you haven't got a clue, you have no business texting her anyway. Sorry if this sounds harsh, but I think it's a serious flaw of this society: most men only caring about how hot a girl is in the first place, and nothing else.

Edited by notoriginal