How dating is suppose to be ?

Gaeta

I am extremely happy for you, Gaeta! Your boyfriend is very lucky to have found an independent, intelligent, kind hearted and level-headed woman. He should know you have a lot of admirers even here in LS :D You are, in my opinion, a top-quality woman!

And Leigh, I do understand what you're saying. I am the same - looking for that hollywood passion, the whole love-at-first-sight shebang, and in all my useless life, I have "settled" for lacklustre relationships (4 of them were LDR, even worse! what was I thinking??) and in all of my failed relationships, I had to dump them eventually. I felt no sparks in the beginning and didn't at all, until the very end.

This is, however, completely different to what Gaeta is going through. She isn't settling, she has grown into love! I wish this had been my case, I wouldn't be single now.

Unfortunately, I only have 'the sparks' (that Leigh is talking about) for only two idiots in this lifetime. One was a married colleague - he was the reason I joined LS in the first place back in 2012....of course nothing came out of that because I don't try to steal other woman's property. I had to leave my job to protect my sanity. But sh*t, wrong guy, right chemistry.

And now... in 2015 (what a blessed year), I have again fallen in 'love at first sight' (that sounds so cheesy) with a colleague in my now workplace. Second bast*rd I've ever felt like this for! In fact even stronger too! I am now semi-dating him and I am completely besotted with him!

But Leigh, these kinds of hollywood dreams are so rare. And usually, soul mates and twin flames and butterfly buds don't usually last like the stable growing-into-love kind of relationships. The one that Gaeta is encountering is likely to be more stable than the electric-buzzing ones. Because no energy in the world can keep up with that kind of passion.

Think about it like this - everyone has ONE battery of energy. If you use it all up within the first date/month/passionate lust affair, you will use up the entire energy quickly and when there's no more battery left, the relationship fizzles.

But a stable relationship like Gaeta's uses a little energy at a time (conservation, energy-saving) thus it will LAST so much longer... until the participants turn old and grey.

So which one do you prefer? To guzzle down the drink at one go, or sip it slowly so that it last?

My friend and her bf had fireworks from moment one and still have sizzling chemistry years later.

It's not that rare...

Who says the better the Chemistry the shorter lived the relationship has to be?

I only fall head over heels. I don't enjoy growing into love. And believe me, I've tried it. I

And the guys you're not as worked up over end up being the wost! Biggest jerks I've encountered have been the slow burning men who I didn't fall hard for!

Gaeta knows all too well that most men are dishonest losers. Whether you fall madly in love or bypass the crazy in love fireworks.

I wonder how things are going for Gaeta and the new guy?

Update?

• Author

I wonder how things are going for Gaeta and the new guy?

Update?

We confirmed this afternoon we are dating exclusively :-)

We have plans together tomorrow, I can't wait to see him ! My attraction started from date 3 and from there it just kept growing and growing.

• Like 6

We have plans together tomorrow, I can't wait to see him ! My attraction started from date 3 and from there it just kept growing and growing.

Awesome!

Honestly, I am glad some people can really feel great attraction that starts a little later.

How did that conversation come up? Did you initiate it?

Does he seam smitten yet or is that not something you care about?

And lastly, aren't you curious as to whether he's still online? Have you had that conversation?

Curious member here. As I am sure all your fans are too lol.

• Author
Awesome!

Does he seam smitten yet or is that not something you care about?

I think he's been smitten with me since day 1.

After we confirmed exclusivity he told me he will quit his Saturday job so we can spend our Saturdays together and he'll come see me mid-week as well.

• Like 1

Brilliant news! I have been following your other thread and was wondering whether you have had the talk yet.. Im glad it went well! :)

• Like 1

Sweet lord!! :-D that's fantastic Gatea.

I wish you all the best.

We'll probably see you around a lot less, but please let us know how you're travelling :-)

• Like 1

Great!!! How did it come up?

Awe, Love it! I'm a little further along then you with my new relationship... Feels great, But little things are bound to come up and I'm learning how to best deal with such things.

• Like 1