Am I the only 26 yr. old that doesn't date?

ilovemusic3

Because nobody normal and decent ever likes me. What do you mean it's obviously different for women?

Are you a normal and decent woman? Have you ever tried online dating? Most normal and decent women don't have any trouble on there.

• Author

Normal and decent to me means not being a drug dealer or on drugs. It means not being crazy saying they miss me and stuff after 45 min. It means not being insecure having no idea how to date. And someone who is at least average looking, not real unattractive.

• Like 2

Don't get sad everything has a time. I thing God is making someone special for you that's why it's taking time. Never ever lose hope even I am also 24 and haven't dated any single girl that doesn't mean that I will never get married. When my time will come I will also meet my other half who is somewhere also waiting for me :)

• Like 1

Since no one else has asked these questions of ilovemusic3...

What are you doing about your situation?

Are you seeking a dating coach or psychological counseling?

Are you grooming?

Are your clothes clean, trendy or stylish?

Are you going to the gym?

Have you taken up any hobbies or joined any social groups?

• Like 1
normal person

Are you grooming?

This is all well and good for a start but it isn't as simple as checking these things off a list.

OP, why don't you think you're having success?

• Author

I haven't seen any kind if coach. I try to look nice, I know I'm not thin and beautiful, but I'm not fat and ugly either. Why can't I find an average looking guy? I do go to meetup groups every couple weeks. Guys will talk to me for like 20 min. but never even ask for any contact info. And this 1 guy I met there did ask to go out but never ended up calling.

I haven't seen any kind if coach. I try to look nice, I know I'm not thin and beautiful, but I'm not fat and ugly either. Why can't I find an average looking guy? I do go to meetup groups every couple weeks. Guys will talk to me for like 20 min. but never even ask for any contact info. And this 1 guy I met there did ask to go out but never ended up calling.

What's your personality like?

Thinking through the female friends I have, the ones who struggle the most dating are like you (not thin and beautiful or not fat and ugly) and are also kind of reserved. Because they aren't getting chased everywhere and on top of that men are kind of intimidated by them. Now, I'm not saying you should change the way you act to get guys but being the bubbly type versus the stoic type definitely helps with men. But if you are the stoic type I'd say meeting people through stuff is more important because you need more pretense to socialize and to show people your fun side.

BronzeAgeJaeger217

Meet-Up, as in Meet-Up.com? because that's a site i'm thinking of using as a way to go out more, to get out of the house more often and be more social.

• Author

I can be on the more reserved side, and maybe need a little time to open up to new people. That's why I wish I could meet guys at a place I go to daily or weekly so they can get to know me but I can't. All I have are dating sites and meetup groups where I just have 1 chance to make a good first impression. And Meetups are to get out and be more social, but don't people get friends and dates from there too?

BronzeAgeJaeger217
I can be on the more reserved side, and maybe need a little time to open up to new people. That's why I wish I could meet guys at a place I go to daily or weekly so they can get to know me but I can't. All I have are dating sites and meetup groups where I just have 1 chance to make a good first impression. And Meetups are to get out and be more social, but don't people get friends and dates from there too?

So you are referring to meet-up.com? Because I thought of using that site so I can get myself out of the house more often and put myself out there more in social situations

Im a 26 yr. old female, I've never been in a relationship, and I've only ever casually dated 1 guy, but that was over a year ago. I can't date because guys aren't interested in me. Am I the only 1 in this situation?

If you were a guy I would ask you about your looks or your personality and all that.

You are a female though so if guys aren't interested in you it is either because you don't approach them or you are too picky.

No offense but I have seen ugly flat chested women get men and sex and all that.

• Author

It was about 5 months that I casually dated him. But he was weird, everything about the relationship was weird, he turned out to be a drug dealer. And why do I have to be the 1 to approach guys, and if I did they still wouldn't be interested. And I am NOT being too picky, the only people that like me are ugly or nuts. And maybe I could get just sex, but I don't want to just meet up with a guy for that. And I know ugly women get guys, but what kind of guys?

BronzeAgeJaeger217
It was about 5 months that I casually dated him. But he was weird, everything about the relationship was weird, he turned out to be a drug dealer. And why do I have to be the 1 to approach guys, and if I did they still wouldn't be interested. And I am NOT being too picky, the only people that like me are ugly or nuts. And maybe I could get just sex, but I don't want to just meet up with a guy for that. And I know ugly women get guys, but what kind of guys?

5 months? Wow, are you sure he wasn't your boyfriend?

What is your story then OP? Are you in college? What are your plans?

Regarding people not approaching you, are you sure you are telling them to in the first place? Do you wear makeup and doll up when you go to social locations? Do you smile and laugh? The worst way to attract men is to look quiet or closed off. You need to project open body language so men know you are interested in being approached. If no one is approaching you I'd think you are not projecting that you'd like it.

NewPerspective93

Just like you have standards, men also have standards, which ranges from guy to guy.

Do you take care of yourself, do your hair, etc? Are you friendly or do you keep to yourself a lot?

A lot of guys like friendly women, ones that are open and easygoing. You have to understand that guys won't approach a girl who is closed off or one who doesn't show any interest because they'll see it as wasting their time.

Are you grooming?

Yeah I was wondering why no one asked these questions. The usual crowd that spits them out is nowhere to be seen here coincidentally :D

• Author

I don't wear too much make-up, I put on a little, and I try to fix my hair a little, but I don't spend like an hour on it or anything. Guys do approach me at social events, and we'll chat for a while, maybe like 20 min., but they almost never ask for contact information. And when I go on dates from dating sites, they almost never ask for a second date.

Meh, i'm 33 (a guy) and my last relationship was more than 5yrs ago.

It was so long ago that i can't be sure if it's closer to 5 or 6 yrs.

This was me about 15 years ago. Only relationship that I had ended about 4-5 years prior, and didn't date for about five years after that (until age 34). Did online dating because the buddy that I spent free time with met his now wife, and all of a sudden I had nobody to do anything with.

Looking back on it, I miss those days.

Also, don't do internet dating. Met my wife that way, along with other women, but looking back I would have let nature take its course.

• Author

I've never had a bf, and I have to do online dating because there is nowhere for me to meet guys in person except my meetup groups which are a complete lost cause and waste of time.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

no, I've had enough of dating too. Want to form good friendships to eventually become a relationship, but nothing forced. In my experience that doesn't work at all

BronzeAgeJaeger217
I should rephrase this, am I the only 26 year old that can't date, it's not by choice.

Ya, maybe women don't vent their struggles as much as men do, especially if someone is past a certain age and no relationship yet