How do I keep sexual thoughts about my co-workers out of my head while at work?

News flash: Most men think about sex constantly. It's the way it is. I'm surprised more women don't realize this.

My co-workers are like this -- male and female. And we are usually VERY busy, especially during the Christmas season. As always, sex or sexual topics are constantly brought up.

For me personally, it was a rare event someone I worked with was attractive enough to fantasize about. I'm not attracted to every guy with a pulse.

Most of the attractive men I've met in life were outside of work. If anything, at work, I'd catch myself thinking about someone who I knew outside of work and would have to do something to get my focus back on my job. At one job I worked with 1,000 people and we dealt with 1,000 people personally, up close, every shift. It's not as if I worked with just a few ugly guys and there wasn't anything good to choose from.

I don't know how anybody can have standards so low they are attracted to anyone that moves or breathes.

Most men tend to be far less picky about sexual partners because they don't have the higher amount of choices that women do. But this is about sexual partners, not actual love.

Seems fairly normal given that you just ended an affair....you are distracting yourself because you are emotionally affected. I'm not certain people can just turn off their feelings without some kind of reprucussions regardless of the reason they are doing it ...for family or for their marriage.

Distracting yourself in other ways is a good idea....I was going to suggest getting the co-workers out of your line of sight as much as possible and surrounding yourself with items reminding you of your wife and family.

I am surrounded by men most of the day, but when a woman comes into our orbit, they go crazy. I guess I don't because I know the value of what I have and leering at unsuspecting woman seems disrespectful to my spouse. I can't say I don't glance or notice beauty or sexiness, I'm not immune to those things, but I'm cognizant of the pain I could cause my wife and family if I do more than glance. We can obsess over sex...it is our nature and nurture. However, having control over what we let permeate our line of vision keeps away a whole host of problems in the future.

Glad you posted....it is better than not acknowledging when you are tempted.

Good Luck,

Grumps