More women than men at speed dating events

LookAtThisPOst

Speed-dating is setup where you go to a location filled with tables, usually 2 chairs per table. And one guy and one girl sit at each table. Someone directs the whole event and has a timer going. When the event director starts time, all the couples at each table can talk for a certain amount of time (and see if things click). After the timer ends, either all the girls, or all the boys, get up and move to another table. Then the timer starts again. It's like going on super quick dates with a lot of different people in one day.

At least, that's how I've seen it on TV :laugh:

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
  • Like 1

I met a woman at a Speed Dating event once. Or should I say I *poached* a woman from Speed Dating. She showed up 10 minutes early and was waiting outside, I was walking by (I wasn't associated w the event. I know that's against The Rules. I know, I'm a jerk. :laugh:) and I approached her. We went on a date then and there which led to a hot makeout session on a park bench. She never bothered going inside for the event....

Edited by Imajerk17
I have a question for the ladies in this thread who have been to or are just aware of speed dating events: How are you notified about these events? Do you receive notification in the mail or email? Do you see ads online? Is it advertised on TV or in public anywhere?

I'm pretty active on meetup and the one's I've seen have been posted as events there - usually part of social or singles groups.

• Like 1
  • Author
LookAtThisPOst
I'm pretty active on meetup and the one's I've seen have been posted as events there - usually part of social or singles groups.

Meet up had recently made it a new policy by disallowing speed dating events at their Meetups. They've axed quite a few of them, but surprisingly the ones in my area haven't gotten booted...yet.

The thing is, they make you go off site to pay your fee, which Meetup frowns on. I think this has caused confusion as you get a lot of no-shows when people realize you have to go off site to pay or pay the 35 bucks a head.

Organizers are trying to run a business on a site that's meant for people just to hang out, make connections organically. Not timed events.

Meet up had recently made it a new policy by disallowing speed dating events at their Meetups. They've axed quite a few of them, but surprisingly the ones in my area haven't gotten booted...yet.

The thing is, they make you go off site to pay your fee, which Meetup frowns on. I think this has caused confusion as you get a lot of no-shows when people realize you have to go off site to pay or pay the 35 bucks a head.

Organizers are trying to run a business on a site that's meant for people just to hang out, make connections organically. Not timed events.

Thanks for mentioning this. I haven't yet seen this in my area and I still see a lot of events where people are trying to make money (like classes).

Meet up had recently made it a new policy by disallowing speed dating events at their Meetups.

That was about a year or two ago wasn't it?

I remember you posted a thread about it.

As regards speed dating - gah! Sounds tacky from my friend's experiences so I wouldn't go unless a mate wanted moral support and she wanted to go.

I wouldn't go unless a mate wanted moral support and she wanted to go.

That would be kind of a lame reason to go when the men who go there are legitimately trying to find someone.

That would be kind of a lame reason to go when the men who go there are legitimately trying to find someone.

I wouldn't join in. I would just go for moral support.

These events are held in normal bars where other people are there also - at least those I have witnessed or heard about in my area have been.

• Like 1
That was about a year or two ago wasn't it?

I remember you posted a thread about it.

As regards speed dating - gah! Sounds tacky from my friend's experiences so I wouldn't go unless a mate wanted moral support and she wanted to go.

You'd be surprised. The second girl I dated from an event was dragged kicking and screaming by her friend.

Both of them picked me but I liked the girl who had no interest in being there.

After the event we went out to dinner and I dated the girl for about a month or so.

What annoys me about the events (superficial so putting on my flame suit) is that the women sit at the table while the guys rotate.

What I have found is that when a woman has some extra pounds they tend to be on her lower half. The first girl I dated surprised me when I saw her standing for the first time as she was much larger than her top half led me to believe.

One time I almost dropped my pen on the floor on purpose to look but I thought I might get caught :laugh:

I haven't done one in a while - might be worth going once more to see if there are any new singles in my area.

thefooloftheyear
You'd be surprised. The second girl I dated from an event was dragged kicking and screaming by her friend.

Both of them picked me but I liked the girl who had no interest in being there.

After the event we went out to dinner and I dated the girl for about a month or so.

What annoys me about the events (superficial so putting on my flame suit) is that the women sit at the table while the guys rotate.

What I have found is that when a woman has some extra pounds they tend to be on her lower half. The first girl I dated surprised me when I saw her standing for the first time as she was much larger than her top half led me to believe.

One time I almost dropped my pen on the floor on purpose to look but I thought I might get caught :laugh:

I haven't done one in a while - might be worth going once more to see if there are any new singles in my area.

Holy crap....really??:laugh:

TFY

I'd never even considered that, lol... superficial or not, good point, if you're looking for a certain body type. That also makes me think of height. If they're all sitting down, it'd be hard to tell that as well :confused:

I'd never even considered that, lol... superficial or not, good point, if you're looking for a certain body type. That also makes me think of height. If they're all sitting down, it'd be hard to tell that as well :confused:

Exactly. I had asked a woman there how they could tell if a guy was tall enough for them and they said they can tell when they are walking up (height for girls = weight for guys).

But you seriously have no idea how tall or large a girl is when all you can see is her torso.

• Like 1