Effective way to respond to my ex's breadcrumbs

purpledooze

• Author

My birthday came and went. Didn't get any greetings from him. I know I'm not supposed to expect it. But part of me was hoping he would since he's reached out to me just recently and I ignored it. Maybe he's upset that I did. I don't know anymore. I'm such a mess today. Crying. Sleeping. Can't eat.

• Like 1
My birthday came and went. Didn't get any greetings from him. I know I'm not supposed to expect it. But part of me was hoping he would since he's reached out to me just recently and I ignored it. Maybe he's upset that I did. I don't know anymore. I'm such a mess today. Crying. Sleeping. Can't eat.

Sorry that are feeling down right after your birthday, you will have to move on. it will take sometime.

Yes, I want him back. But right now, he's spending a lot of time with his other ex-girlfriend. So I'm guessing he's reaching out out of guilt or is looking for an ego boost like last time.

The last time we reconnected he told me all his plans for the future, how he plans to move out. When I told him my other old ex-boyfriend was back in town (flew in from Europe to help me with my baby's birth and funeral) and that we're kind of dating, he said, "To be honest, you can do better than him." He'd flirt. But as soon as he got the hint that I was still interested in him, he pulled back, disappeared, told me he was busy, stopped responding to my messages.

So I went full no contact for over a month again. And now he's back asking stupid questions about whether I went to someone's funeral or how my work is doing after work hours. Maybe because my birthday is up? Or maybe because he said he was leaving the country in October and that he needs someone to talk to about his achievements toward that so far? Or he's making sure I'm okay? I feel like I need to confront him and ask outright,

"You made it pretty clear you didn't want to be involved in my life or me in yours. Why the *** are you reaching out?"

He may come back. But I have to be honest and say you sound very desperate right now. Understandably so with all he has put you through. Maybe he just feels guilty and wants to see how you are. I don't think you should talk to him yet because you don't seem ready emotionally. Also, I dislike being the guy who brings bad news here but if his ex and him were together for a decade.... they have A LOT of history. It;s easier for him to go back to her. You sound like a great person, but try to move on from him. He sounds like he's not the greatest person.

Sorry you feel so bad. I know it hurts deeply. I am still getting over my breakup from 6 months ago... one day at a time. Just be good to yourself.