Is it over? :(

abby_tx

You don't have much experience with dating, it seems.

This is the norm!!!

Get your heart ready girl. This is most guys. It's the dating culture in general these days. Also, it comes from the same principle you're describing when you're not into the guys you ignore them. We all do. Why would we deal with the mess of telling someone we've been in 1-2 dates that we're not into them? It would be nice if it happened, but it just doesn't. Be realistic and stop investing emotionally before it becomes something with real potential.

edit: oh okay I kept reading the thread and see Gaeta already gave you the tips ;)

I disagree. I don't necessarily think he's an *******, but I do think it's rude to disappear off the face of the earth after 3(ish) weeks of talking and two dates. A simple text like "I had a nice time, but we're not a good match" is all I need.

Don't be a jerk. It just feels so wrong to go from something so intimate to "I can't be bothered to say goodbye." I will admit to ignoring guys I'm not into if it's just been one date, but for anything more than that I send a very nice 'goodbye' text.

Edited by edgygirl
  • Like 2
  • Author

I felt like I had experience because I was with someone for 7 years. But you're right. That was a relationship. I'm good at that. I'm NOT good at meeting guys and going on dates. But hopefully after this experience and all the good advice here, I won't be such a fool.

I felt like I had experience because I was with someone for 7 years. But you're right. That was a relationship. I'm good at that. I'm NOT good at meeting guys and going on dates. But hopefully after this experience and all the good advice here, I won't be such a fool.

Oh dear, I was in 2 long term relationships back to back for a total of 19 years. When I ended up single at 40 I knew nothing about men and dating. Being in a long term relationship teaches you about 1 man, not about men. I've learn more about men since I'm single.