Excited to have a new girlfriend!

bluestealth

• Author
Even though OP you say this is your first real girlfriend, so you say you are a late bloomer, do you ever sometimes feel jealous, envious of guys who got to have a real girlfriend earlier in their life? Because I have a feeling I will be feeling like that, and I know another guy who does

Not really since I was happy and pursuing things I wanted in my twenties. After striking out for a while in my GF search it was getting frustrating, but I just focused on finding the best girl for me and not worrying about what others were doing or had done. Several people from my high school class have already been married and divorced. I'm not envious of that at all!

• Like 3
Even though OP you say this is your first real girlfriend, so you say you are a late bloomer, do you ever sometimes feel jealous, envious of guys who got to have a real girlfriend earlier in their life? Because I have a feeling I will be feeling like that, and I know another guy who does

If I could do one thing differently it would be to not have a serious girlfriend at 20 and just enjoy my 20s and be single.

But we can't change the past and no point obsessing about it. Stop obsessing about the fact you didn't have a gf before. Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Edited by joseb
  • Like 1
BronzeAgeJaeger217
If I could do one thing differently it would be to not have a serious girlfriend at 20 and just enjoy my 20s and be single.

But we can't change the past and no point obsessing about it. Stop obsessing about the fact you didn't have a gf before. Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Well I spoke to one guy recently who did not get his first girlfriend until the age of 31 and he told me he has felt the way I described

• Author

About a week ago marked one month together (since our first date). I got her a card that was perfect since it related to an awesome experience we had on a previous date. Her mom said I was a keeper after seeing the card :) She also got me a happy anniversary card the next time we had a date, which was the other night. We both said "I love you" for the first time and both think there's long-term potential here :) We made out passionately for about 2 hours!

BronzeAgeJaeger217
About a week ago marked one month together (since our first date). I got her a card that was perfect since it related to an awesome experience we had on a previous date. Her mom said I was a keeper after seeing the card :) She also got me a happy anniversary card the next time we had a date, which was the other night. We both said "I love you" for the first time and both think there's long-term potential here :) We made out passionately for about 2 hours!
how and where did you meet her?
  • Author

We initially met through OKC, with her being the first girl I've ever met from that site. This last date we went to dinner and back to her place for a movie. We both love movie nights!

Glad to know things are progressing well for you.

Personally I couldn't imagine going away with a guy's family but since this seems to be OK for you two I'm glad you're happy.

Hope things stay on a positive trajectory.

• Like 1
BronzeAgeJaeger217
We initially met through OKC, with her being the first girl I've ever met from that site. This last date we went to dinner and back to her place for a movie. We both love movie nights!

Oh awesome so through online dating

BronzeAgeJaeger217

How about when did you lose your virginity OP? With this current girlfriend? Just curious because its a validation question of mine

I'm usually one of the ones recommending caution, but I'm not sure if I follow where others are noting red flags.

When I first started doing OLD after my fiancée died, there were multiple times I was just overwhelmed with the whole thing and got off. I didn't have a string of guys lined up at all. I spent the time working and volunteering. The whole OLD culture has done a lot to make people jaded though. That I will admit. When I did return in earnest at some point, I had to initiate some pretty strict rules and tough screening for the guys I met there.

I'm not a 'multi-dater' either... so when I meet someone I like, I'm 'exclusive' by default... and I do my best to only date guys with a similar mindset. I don't see the point otherwise. I don't need to have however many eggs in a basket to figure out if I want to explore getting to know someone better.

I don't see anything wrong with your situation at all, OP. The ex has been out of the picture for awhile, and he is nowhere around. *shrug* Seems like now is just as good a time as any for her to get on with her life.

Glad you are excited. That's awesome!

• Like 2
  • Author
How about when did you lose your virginity OP? With this current girlfriend? Just curious because its a validation question of mine

Literally last night :)

• 2 weeks later...
BronzeAgeJaeger217

and I'm glad your girlfriend was not turned off by the fact that you were a virgin when you 2 met each-other, that she's your first real girlfriend at the age of 30, so she did not react negatively at all?