GUYS...why do guys sleep with girls they're not attracted to?

autumnnight
Yea, I suppose... if you consider fulfillment of the biological imperative being a cowardly, lazy pig.

If the more attractive women weren't so damn focused on optimizing for looks, wealth and status, plus requiring commitment and exchange of valuable consideration, then men would most certainly boink more attractive option.

I mean seriously... what do you expect? That men will just do without until hell freezes over? What do women really want... one or three active guys who are dong her and all the rest standing on line with their fingers crossed?

Sure, that's understandable, but men and women are working different strategies. While women optimize for genetic quality and resources, men know that they have to sew the seed if they want to reap the harvest.

And when you get to the heart of it... it's all pink on the inside.

Wow...if only Jane Austen was still alive, she could really outdo Pride and Prejudice with THIS romantic nugget.....

• Like 2
Wow...if only Jane Austen was still alive, she could really outdo Pride and Prejudice with THIS romantic nugget.....

Most of dating and mating isnt romantic.

I think only guys who aren't good enough to get what they want settle for the ones they aren't attracted to.

Your friend was dating that girl because he had no one else.

If a guy is confident in himself, if he (believes he can) get better ones, he won't have sex with the unattractive ones.

Oh really, so there isn't anything a man couldn't overcome? Confidence and believing in himself can override things like height, race, ahhhhhhh cultural background? That wouldn't happen to be a deal breaker for a lot of women huh?

I once turned down a guy just because our culture backgrounds are different. Yes the attraction wasn't there, but it's not because he is not attractive enough for me. )

So that guy just wasn't confident in himself? Yeah that's what I thought.

Edited by jay1983
  • Like 1
toolforgrowth
I thought we are human...you know, beyond being just an animal....

Being human gives us free will.

Men can live their lives according to their rules. If he's happy doing what he does, why should he stop? I'm certainly not going to alter my life based on someone else's sensibilities.

It all bears down to this: "Because he can."

Oh really, so there isn't anything a man couldn't overcome? Confidence and believing in himself can override things like height, race, ahhhhhhh cultural background? That wouldn't happen to be a deal breaker for a lot of women huh?

So that guy just wasn't confident in himself? Yeah that's what I thought.

Lol

We are talking about sex here not relationship or love yeah?

You don't need to consider anything but looks when it's just sex . What does culture background have anything to do here ?

And how is the guy in my example lack confident ?

salparadise
Lol

You don't need to consider anything but looks when it's just sex.

And you don't need to consider that too much either... well, as long as they're above a certain threshold. I think that's the point of this thread, right?

Women pride themselves on holding out for top 5 percenter; men just require her to be female, not necessarily of the same species.

• Like 1
And you don't need to consider that too much either... well, as long as they're above a certain threshold. I think that's the point of this thread, right?

Women pride themselves on holding out for top 5 percenter; men just require her to be female, not necessarily of the same species.

IMHO, it's not because men don't care at all about looks, it's because they had no better choice.

autumnnight

I still maintain it's a boys as opposed to men kind of thing....at last past a certain age. I can see a 19 year old who pulls it out for anything with boobs.

If he's still doing that at 40....yeah...it's sad.

• Like 1
Lol

You don't need to consider anything but looks when it's just sex . What does culture background have anything to do here ?

And how is the guy in my example lack confident ?

You're not too good at connecting dots, are you?

• Like 2
No, it's because she is there. You wake up one day with a raging erection and let me know if you want to wait 3 weeks for this pretty girl you know to finally give in, or to call that average looking chick who told you right away she wants you to f*ck her like you hate her.

!

Some guys will wait. Some guys won't.

Essentially though, "She is there" and "he got no one else" is the same thing isn't it.

Possibly for the same reason women do. It isn't an exclusively male concept.

Men just have a much shorter laundry list on average.

Possibly for the same reason women do. It isn't an exclusively male concept.

Men just have a much shorter laundry list on average.

Ive never had sex woth an unattractive man just to have sex. No thanks.

2.50 a gallon

I never had that problem. It is in my DNA in order for me to be able to get an erection, she had to fall within the Goldilocks guide lines. Not too short, not too tall, weight 110 to 125, etc.

The other side of the coin, this in many women's mind, make me a male chauvinist.

As for the men versus boy thing. I'm not buying it. I've seen too many men ruin great marriages with great looking women, over some skinny, overweight, druggy skank.

autumnnight
As for the men versus boy thing. I'm not buying it. I've seen too many men ruin great marriages with great looking women, over some skinny, overweight, druggy skank.

See, my take would be that those were not men....they were boys pretending to be men...hence the cheating with a skank.

Ive never had sex woth an unattractive man just to have sex. No thanks.

That's because women don't need to. They have the power when it comes to the sexual market and can get sex from an attractive man whenever they want. Men however, have to work for it. An attractive woman enters a bar waits 5 minutes and is pretty much guaranteed attention and the opportunity for sex. The same will not happen for an attractive man unless his status is so high all the women are after him i.e celebrity, high social status etc

• Like 1
That's because women don't need to. They have the power when it comes to the sexual market and can get sex from an attractive man whenever they want. Men however, have to work for it. An attractive woman enters a bar waits 5 minutes and is pretty much guaranteed attention and the opportunity for sex. The same will not happen for an attractive man unless his status is so high all the women are after him i.e celebrity, high social status etc

Id like to go wherever all these available, attractive men are. :confused: Im finding a guy who is available attractive like once a year, if im lucky. Ladies are you having luck in this dept?

• Like 2
regine_phalange
Id like to go wherever all these available, attractive men are. :confused: Im finding a guy who is available attractive like once a year, if im lucky. Ladies are you having luck in this dept?

Yes of course! Plenty of 70 year olds on the queue for me.

• Like 1
autumnnight

But they have to exist everywhere! Because...because whiiiine! ;)

• Like 2
Yes of course! Plenty of 70 year olds on the queue for me.

Ditto here, I mostly get 50,60,70 year old stalkers! :lmao:

Where are all these mythical hot guys hiding?

• Like 2

I honestly can't. I really, just really can't.

If anything I'd be a demisexual. I have to have an emotional connection to someone to find them sexually attractive (regular attractive is different).

On top of this, I don't throttle down my standards to just get laid. If I feel the need, I can take care of myself.

I honestly can't. I really, just really can't.

If anything I'd be a demisexual. I have to have an emotional connection to someone to find them sexually attractive (regular attractive is different).

On top of this, I don't throttle down my standards to just get laid. If I feel the need, I can take care of myself.

Hooray....so I am not alone.

I am wondering though are we the minority or the posters here who can do any opposite sex actually the minority?