Unexplained arm and chest pain

Welcome to American culture. The strong become billionaires, the less strong are left to die. Literally.

Hopefully, Phoe is ok, but I'm serious about kicking in on her medical expenses. I'll do it. We could do a gofundme as well, so everyone can pitch in if she needs it.

I recall her posting her budget once. So humble and sweet, so down to earth. If anyone deserves a little financial boost, it's her, even if she doesn't feel comfortable taking it. :p

That's true, eugenics in america is alive and kicking. I know way too many stories. Its very sad.

And yes, you should start the fund! What can she say if you just do it and hand it to her? :)

loveweary11

And yes, you should start the fund! What can she say if you just do it and hand it to her? :)

Agreed. Let's see what happens with her medical situation/bills and go from there. Hopefully, she is just ok. If not, I am happy to start the fund.

• Like 2

Just as fyi, phoe would be very against any kind of funds or money being given to her, it is against her nature to do so, the Taurus in her as she puts it haha.

For those of you still concerned and sending your wishes to her, she is currently at the hospital and is being checked on as I am making this message, thank you for those that have been encouraging her to go, she can be quite stubborn lol, but I love that about her.

• Like 12
Methodical
Just as fyi, phoe would be very against any kind of funds or money being given to her, it is against her nature to do so, the Taurus in her as she puts it haha.

For those of you still concerned and sending your wishes to her, she is currently at the hospital and is being checked on as I am making this message, thank you for those that have been encouraging her to go, she can be quite stubborn lol, but I love that about her.

Glad she is getting checked out. Hope all is well!

• Like 1
loveweary11

That's exactly what makes us want to do it. :lmao:

It's only if she gets stuck with some huge bill from this. But if she flat out refuses, there's nothing we can do about that.

However, a safety net is available to her.

• Like 2
Eternal Sunshine

I am not saying this to be mean but I wonder why Phoe doesn't do anything to improve her job/financial situation. She is obviously very bright and capable so I am sure she can do so much more than a minimum wage job.

Hope you feel better Phoe.

• Like 1

Best wishes Phoe, thanks for the update Contact1!

I'm pretty sure a hospital will accept a payment plan. They will take a monthly payment of what you can afford, even if it's only $10 a month. Legally they can not pursue you with creditors if you are showing good faith. Of course you'll be paying for a while but you do what you have to do.

Also, GoFundMe is set up in such a way that anyone can put in but only the beneficiary can withdraw. So....it will sit until Phoe is willing to take it. If we go that way.

Hope all is well and I understand that you will ask for nothing but ya know, I can't think of any better way to use money than for peace of mind and good health.

You're in our thoughts. XXOO

• Like 3
I am not saying this to be mean but I wonder why Phoe doesn't do anything to improve her job/financial situation. She is obviously very bright and capable so I am sure she can do so much more than a minimum wage job.

Its not good to judge whats/whys of someones financial status. There are many many reasons someone could be struggling financially, through no fault of their own.

There are many many very bright people struggling in minimum wage jobs. Once someone is typecast sometimes its hard to break out.

But I don't want this thread to become a thread about a persons wealth or ability to get a fabulous job.

Its about Phoe's health and all of her well-wishers!

• Like 5

I think I recall reading in one of her posts that she just passed her state's teaching license exam, so she plans to be a teacher I think?

Its not good to judge whats/whys of someones financial status. There are many many reasons someone could be struggling financially, through no fault of their own.

There are many many very bright people struggling in minimum wage jobs. Once someone is typecast sometimes its hard to break out.

But I don't want this thread to become a thread about a persons wealth or ability to get a fabulous job.

Its about Phoe's health and all of her well-wishers!

So many people struggle financially who are well-educated with multiple-degrees. It's unfortunate but finding a decent job that pays a livable wage is extremely difficult nowadays.

• Like 1
Arieswoman

Phoe,

Please come back an give me/us an update.

I am very concerned about you

Thanks x

• Like 1
regine_phalange

I just saw this. How are you Phoe? Did you go to the hospital? ($900???? :eek: omg, I understand why you hesitate, but it sounds really urgent. I'd give this money if this was the case, I'm scared even now that I'm not the one having it!)

I don't think it's muscle strain. Be careful with ibuprofen, it's a potentially dangerous drug.

whichwayisup

I (assume) that you've gone to the ER. Hope you're doing okay and by now you know what is going on!

Anyone got a line to contact1 other than thru here? An update would be much appreciated.

Hey all,

Phoe is alive and well, I won't go into the details as it is really up to her what to disclose, but she is good :)

• Like 5
Hey all,

Phoe is alive and well, I won't go into the details as it is really up to her what to disclose, but she is good :)

Wonderful!!!

That's great news.

Hey all,

Thank you!! :)

• Author

Yes, I'm home now. Had a lovely 3 days in the hospital.

It was a blood clot, blocking my arm and chest, with fragments of it in my right lung.

Took 16 hours of testing and confusion before I was seen by a doctor. They couldn't figure out why this was happening to me. I'm young, I don't smoke or drink, I eat well and exercise several times a week.

The doctor is convinced it is a genetic blood clotting disorder. I will be on blood thinners for life, which is a mild inconvenience, as I've found now that even brushing my teeth makes me bleed.

The clot is still in my arm. They are not trying to dissolve or bust it yet, just controlling my blood to prevent it from worsening. If it breaks off too much in the dissolving it is too close to my lungs and heart to be safe, so I will probably be having surgery once I'm fully set up with my hematologist.

I'm glad to be home. Thank you to everyone who posted, I admit I was very reluctant to go, and all the voices urging me did influence me. Although contact1 did threaten to drive up and personally drag me to the ER if I didn't go, so he would've ensured I was cared for regardless. He spent the day by my bedside today, making me smile. I protested and whined and complained that I didn't want him seeing me like this, he half expected an angry bull when he walked in, but seeing him makes me so happy, and I don't get to see him often. I miss him already :(

• Like 18
Yes, I'm home now. Had a lovely 3 days in the hospital.

It was a blood clot, blocking my arm and chest, with fragments of it in my right lung.

Took 16 hours of testing and confusion before I was seen by a doctor. They couldn't figure out why this was happening to me. I'm young, I don't smoke or drink, I eat well and exercise several times a week.

The doctor is convinced it is a genetic blood clotting disorder. I will be on blood thinners for life, which is a mild inconvenience, as I've found now that even brushing my teeth makes me bleed.

The clot is still in my arm. They are not trying to dissolve or bust it yet, just controlling my blood to prevent it from worsening. If it breaks off too much in the dissolving it is too close to my lungs and heart to be safe, so I will probably be having surgery once I'm fully set up with my hematologist.

I'm glad to be home. Thank you to everyone who posted, I admit I was very reluctant to go, and all the voices urging me did influence me. Although contact1 did threaten to drive up and personally drag me to the ER if I didn't go, so he would've ensured I was cared for regardless. He spent the day by my bedside today, making me smile. I protested and whined and complained that I didn't want him seeing me like this, he half expected an angry bull when he walked in, but seeing him makes me so happy, and I don't get to see him often. I miss him already :(

Glad to hear you're ok Phoe. My sister-in-law has the same thing (her clot was discovered in her leg when her leg from the knee down to her toes went numb). It's good to have friends nearby like contact1 and online too. Good luck with it. You'll be ok!

Arieswoman

Hi Phoe,

Thanks for coming back and giving us an update.

I hope you continue to improve. x

whirl3daway

Phoe - I was on blood thinners for a few months after I had a clot in my leg. I don't want to go too "TMI", but your "lady times" are going to scare the crap out of you. You will think you are dying, but you aren't. It's just the way blood thinners are. Double up.

Something to look forward to...

Did they put you on Xarelto? That is one you don't have to constantly blood test with, so hopefully that is the case.

Will you be getting the factor-xiii testing? Pregnancy can be very difficult for people who have this disorder. Another thing to consider - my gyno told me that I will have to be on blood thinners throughout pregnancy just in case. Blood clots suck - my sympathies go out to you.

• Like 1
  • Author
Phoe - I was on blood thinners for a few months after I had a clot in my leg. I don't want to go too "TMI", but your "lady times" are going to scare the crap out of you. You will think you are dying, but you aren't. It's just the way blood thinners are. Double up.

Something to look forward to...

Did they put you on Xarelto? That is one you don't have to constantly blood test with, so hopefully that is the case.

Will you be getting the factor-xiii testing? Pregnancy can be very difficult for people who have this disorder. Another thing to consider - my gyno told me that I will have to be on blood thinners throughout pregnancy just in case. Blood clots suck - my sympathies go out to you.

I'm very curious to see how my periods will go... I usually only get one 3 or 4 times a year, and it is always VERY light... like 1 or 2 days long and just a pink tinge with specks of blood. So now I'm interested to see how that may change.

The doctor was talking about an angioplasty, they'd put a balloon into the vein on the right side of my chest, and inflate it to bust the clot. My mom has had 2 angioplasties on her legs, and both failed, so they had to cut her leg open from her thigh to her ankle, and take out the ENTIRE vein, and replace it. I don't want that!!!

They can't do any of the disorder testing while I'm on coumadin and have the clot, so my doctor says we will test 6 months from now when it's safe to take me off coumadin for a short while. With my mom nobody ever thought to check for a disorder, because she's honestly the perfect candidate for a clot. Smoked since 13, older age, awful diet. Nobody blinked an eye at it. But then I show up, the poster child for health, and I've got this, it raised red flags to the doctors.

Yeah, with the coumadin now I have to get my blood checked for the "p time" every few weeks. My p time is currently at 12.9.

They also put lovenox injections in my stomach 2-3 times a day. My mother had to inject herself for a while when she had clots, and thinks once I get set up at my hematologist that he might have me inject myself too. Joy.

My mom has had everything from coumadin to heparin to lovenox... and now she's on one that I can't remember. I don't think it's xarelto... god, she just told me it last night lol. My brain isn't working lately... Hopefully in time I get moved to one that doesn't require regular blood draws. God, the nurses were like vampires with all the blood they kept pulling from me. I'm covered in bruises from all the places they kept stabbing me with needles :mad:

So many little things that I now have to be aware of. Making sure not to eat too much vitamin k, brushing and flossing softly, apparently I'm no longer allowed to shave with a razor -___- lol.

I'm very curious to see how my periods will go... I usually only get one 3 or 4 times a year, and it is always VERY light... like 1 or 2 days long and just a pink tinge with specks of blood. So now I'm interested to see how that may change.

The doctor was talking about an angioplasty, they'd put a balloon into the vein on the right side of my chest, and inflate it to bust the clot. My mom has had 2 angioplasties on her legs, and both failed, so they had to cut her leg open from her thigh to her ankle, and take out the ENTIRE vein, and replace it. I don't want that!!!

They can't do any of the disorder testing while I'm on coumadin and have the clot, so my doctor says we will test 6 months from now when it's safe to take me off coumadin for a short while. With my mom nobody ever thought to check for a disorder, because she's honestly the perfect candidate for a clot. Smoked since 13, older age, awful diet. Nobody blinked an eye at it. But then I show up, the poster child for health, and I've got this, it raised red flags to the doctors.

Yeah, with the coumadin now I have to get my blood checked for the "p time" every few weeks. My p time is currently at 12.9.

They also put lovenox injections in my stomach 2-3 times a day. My mother had to inject herself for a while when she had clots, and thinks once I get set up at my hematologist that he might have me inject myself too. Joy.

My mom has had everything from coumadin to heparin to lovenox... and now she's on one that I can't remember. I don't think it's xarelto... god, she just told me it last night lol. My brain isn't working lately... Hopefully in time I get moved to one that doesn't require regular blood draws. God, the nurses were like vampires with all the blood they kept pulling from me. I'm covered in bruises from all the places they kept stabbing me with needles :mad:

So many little things that I now have to be aware of. Making sure not to eat too much vitamin k, brushing and flossing softly, apparently I'm no longer allowed to shave with a razor -___- lol.

Lack of menstrual periods is often tied to the thyroid. When you have a low thyroid, (hypothyroid) you can miss periods or go an entire year without one. Get your thyroid levels checked maybe?