Signed up for OLD.... Now what???

LoveMachine67

Also another tip.. Make sure your thumbnail pic is pretty decent shot of your face (as in it shows your face and not a far away shot).

I recently changed my profile pic with a better head shot and I've gotten a ton of views and likes since. I was surprised myself.

I mean, as a guy, if the girl doesn't look attractive in the thumbnail, I don't even click the profile. Why would girls not do the same, right?

OLD is a superficial world, so put your best face forward (literally lol). I recently just signed back up on OLD, so keep the positive outlook and keep on trying.

Edited by J21
  • Like 3
Maybe it's my age but typically if a woman messages me, they're usually less desirable than the women I date... So it's not a huge deal.

I usually read profiles and send messages, very seldom do I receive or respond to messages. It's easy to tell if a match profile is a spammer, it'll be short, only 1-2 pictures, usually asks you to email them in their profile or something.

This is true for free sites, but pay sites are a lot more reliable in my experience. People are serious when they have to pay money.

This hasn't been my experience. I got a few dates from okcupid, a free site, while with match I got hardly any views and no dates whatsoever.

• Like 1
Also another tip.. Make sure your thumbnail pic is pretty decent shot of your face (as in it shows your face and not a far away shot).

I recently changed my profile pic with a better head shot and I've gotten a ton of views and likes since. I was surprised myself.

I mean, as a guy, if the girl doesn't look attractive in the thumbnail, I don't even click the profile. Why would girls not do the same, right?

OLD is a superficial world, so put your best face forward (literally lol). I recently just signed back up on OLD, so keep the positive outlook and keep on trying.

Yes, please.

• Like 1
This hasn't been my experience. I got a few dates from okcupid, a free site, while with match I got hardly any views and no dates whatsoever.

If you live in a isolated town or a slow city, all the same people will be on both so might as well stick to the free ones.

• Like 1