I'm scared that I'm reading into this incorrectly, am I?

I was the dumpee. And it came extremely sudden. If you'd like to know what exactly happened here goes:

It was a Saturday and I went to pick her up "She lives in the country with her mum" I cooked her dinner and she wanted to have a girls night out on the town.

I was absolutely fine with that and we discussed a reasonable time to get home as every relationship needs boundaries. I was absolutely fine with her getting home at 4.00am ish. She tends to get carried away once shes on the dancefloor.

I rung her at 7.00am to see where she was and she said a Hotel Room with a friend. When she got home, I got my apartment security card out of her hand-bag to go and get some breakfast & $1000.00 fell out. At first she made up a BS story but then said a guy gave it to her to take her back the a Hotel room. That night whilst she was out I got two texts from her to say "I love you so much".

So in the morning she packed her bags and said "I can't keep doing this to you" and left.

Yes - I know what everyone is going to say but I did love her to bits and it hurts. I'd only just got over my wife that texted me to say the marriage is over and ran off with my sister-inlaws good friend. That took me a number of years to get over.

So it's happened again, and I need to be double strong and forget her, think she is dead and somehow believe their is someone genuine and I will love again.

I'm a darn good catch but I have a bad weakness of spoiling someone to bits.

All this debate is good guys Simon and Rover, but the OP posted this ^^^with no reply from anyone, and it is HIS thread.

• Like 2
Have you ever told your story (stories)? I'm always interested in peoples' real life experiences who were successful, and I'd like to hear yours.

If you've posted somewhere, direct me - or maybe drop me a line so we don't hijack this thread too much.

Broken,

I'd prefer to PM you and I'd rather not post some controversial things that I went through and got some very negative responses (also got good help, but hated the harsh criticism at a time when I was searching for answers.

If you can find a way to PM, I'll gladly respond with much more detail, but believe you have to be an established member or set it up somehow.... don't know how.

Basically I've had a great life and if I died tomorrow, my life has been fulfilled with success, happiness and love. However, I feel that I have many great years left. Life IS good.

I went through a MAJOR life changing set of events over the past five years that has had significant challenges, heartbreak, ups and downs and emotions. Never, ever thought it would happen, but it did.

Well, I got through it.... (still working on it, too, but can clearly see the light on the other side now). I was totally inexperienced thru this and had some hard times figuring out the right thing to do. Made a lot of mistakes, and had some great times, too.

It was certainly a learning experience. However, the vast bulk of it is behind me and looking forward to a great future.

BrokenJourney

D

Broken,

I'd prefer to PM you and I'd rather not post some controversial things that I went through and got some very negative responses (also got good help, but hated the harsh criticism at a time when I was searching for answers.

If you can find a way to PM, I'll gladly respond with much more detail, but believe you have to be an established member or set it up somehow.... don't know how.

Basically I've had a great life and if I died tomorrow, my life has been fulfilled with success, happiness and love. However, I feel that I have many great years left. Life IS good.

I went through a MAJOR life changing set of events over the past five years that has had significant challenges, heartbreak, ups and downs and emotions. Never, ever thought it would happen, but it did.

Well, I got through it.... (still working on it, too, but can clearly see the light on the other side now). I was totally inexperienced thru this and had some hard times figuring out the right thing to do. Made a lot of mistakes, and had some great times, too.

It was certainly a learning experience. However, the vast bulk of it is behind me and looking forward to a great future.

Tried PM but it won't let me, probably because I'm so new. How about this. My email is [edited]. I'll leave this up for a bit and then re-edit it out so I don't get spammed, but there ya go.

Edited by BrokenJourney