Successful OLD date today

bluestealth

• Author
bluestealth
You seem like a good guy man. That's why I want to be honest and shoot straight with you. After all, letting you continue to be naive and overly nice will not be doing you any favors in the long run.

This girl isn't being "nice" or "honest" with you. She's feeding you a line of crap sugarcoated with compliments. It isn't that she isn't ready for anything in general. It's just that she doesn't want you. Look at it this way. You win the lottery. Are you going to burn the money afterwards because it's too wonderful being a multi-millionaire?

Now could I theorize as to why she rejected you? Sure.

1) Coming on way too strong and getting invested way too fast

2) Planning over the top/expensive dates for a woman you barely knew

3) Treating her like a GF and talking with her daily while on vacation

4) Trying to call/plan a date when she said she'd rather do homework

But that's really all just speculation. Only she knows for sure why she didn't want to keep seeing you. However, at the very least you should save your good nature for a woman that actually deserves it. Not one that lies to you and blows you off.

I appreciate what you're saying and it's really hard to know the real truth, but I'd rather give her the benefit of the doubt and not assume she's not being honest. All of these situations are complicated and I couldn't share everything here, so given all I know what she said makes some sense (about being on different paths) even though I would've kept things going. Time to focus on the next one.

JuneJulySeptember
She sent me a text today saying she didn't think things would progress further even though she thought I was really great and handsome. She feels we're on different paths where I'm ready to settle down and she's still trying to figure out what she wants to do with her life. Even though I'm disappointed because I like her, I have to give her credit for being nice and honest about things. I'm grateful for the time I spent with her and the experience.

I would say this pretty much means she either wasn't attracted enough to you physically or thought you were pretty far apart compatibility wise.

Do you mind if I ask if you have ever had a girlfriend?

Because when I was younger, before I did, I used to wrangle these dates with these women and I'd get all into them because they laughed at some of my jokes and were kinda cute.

The honest truth is you will meet a lot of women who fit that description who will not be into it.

A LOT. So temper.

JuneJulySeptember
It sucks that I'm posting this, but things aren't looking so great at the moment. We were both out of town for several days and we both got back on Wed this week. We stayed in touch a little every day with some fun and flirty texting (equal amount of messages with her initiating as much as me). Before we both went out of town we were talking about going to the zoo for the fourth date when we got back. This Wed I asked when she'd like to go and she said she was free Fri and Sat. I let her know Fri would work for me and she agreed and said how super excited she was.

She sent me a text today saying she didn't think things would progress further even though she thought I was really great and handsome. She feels we're on different paths where I'm ready to settle down and she's still trying to figure out what she wants to do with her life. Even though I'm disappointed because I like her, I have to give her credit for being nice and honest about things. I'm grateful for the time I spent with her and the experience.

After reading some more of your posts, she kind of led you on and dropped you like a rock.

It wasn't good man. I'm not saying you should be cursing her and burning her photo, but it wasn't a very nice thing to do.

I mean, the dropping like a rock thing is common, but gals should never lead guys on to that extent. The first second she had an idea she didn't like you, she should have pulled back.

Edited by JuneJulySeptember
  • Author
bluestealth

I've never had a gf and this was actually the closest I've come to having one, so my experience is very limited. This was only the second girl I've gone out with, so considering that I think I did pretty good overall. I think she was attracted to me physically because when we kissed on the second and third dates she would kiss me back and called me handsome a few times. I did feel kind of led on and things ended very abruptly, but maybe she's not very experienced either and wasn't sure how to let me down. Who knows?

JuneJulySeptember
I've never had a gf and this was actually the closest I've come to having one, so my experience is very limited. This was only the second girl I've gone out with, so considering that I think I did pretty good overall. I think she was attracted to me physically because when we kissed on the second and third dates she would kiss me back and called me handsome a few times. I did feel kind of led on and things ended very abruptly, but maybe she's not very experienced either and wasn't sure how to let me down. Who knows?

Then I would say she thought you were pretty far apart compatibility wise, but you couldn't see it because you were blinded by your attraction to her and the possibility of getting a GF.

It was definitely a good experience tho.