What makes a man creepy?

If they welcome the interaction, of course it isn't creepy.

But one can't actually know whether the interaction is welcome until one has already initiated the interaction. I know every one says 'but body language' but body language is overestimated. It's quite often (usually I'd say) very ambiguous. Verbal language is generally fairly unambiguous, but not body language; you would be hard pressed to find an example of 'body language' for which there are not multiple reasonable (and often contradictory) things it could suggest.

But one can't actually know whether the interaction is welcome until one has already initiated the interaction. I know every one says 'but body language' but body language is overestimated. It's quite often (usually I'd say) very ambiguous. Verbal language is generally fairly unambiguous, but not body language; you would be hard pressed to find an example of 'body language' for which there are not multiple reasonable (and often contradictory) things it could suggest.

Held eye contact and a smile. If she avoids those, she's indicating she doesn't want to interact.

Men React Violently to Social Anxiety While Women Try to Avoid Conflict

Aside from the research, we've all about Elliot Rodger and other infamous killers who were socially awkward.

It is common sense that discomfort breeds discomfort. A man who is uncomfortable in social settings sets off alarms for women. If he's nervous, we're nervous, although we can't read his mind and know why he is so uncomfortable (harmless vs. threatening).

As a shy at times awkward guy till I know someone this is some disrespectful stuff

You know nothing about the subject of anxiety I suggest you stop commenting on it about it because it's offensive.

Judging by your posting history not being shy or nervous and making any mistakes socially is very important to you and how you judge them.I'm just glad you never we're charmed by a sociopath because you never would have seen it coming since you judge people on how smooth they are socially..

cookiemonster26

Making sexual comments right off the bat, being pervy when you clearly don't want him too, making comments about your body and nothing else

Creepy= guy who messages you on a dating site, Facebook, gchat, consistently with no response from the receiver.

Convo that looks something like this: hey. What's up? Hi. Hellloooooo. You there? Hey. Hi. What are you doing this weekend? Yo. Hi.

And then I guess when no answer isn't enough of a hint, creep meter shoots up when they get nasty, aggressive, disrespectful, just because you didn't grant their almighty presence with a response.

Creep meter at 1,000% when they decide to be sexual out of no where. "I'd bang you." "Want to see my d_!ck?"

Honestly your full of it. Girls reward persistence up to a point.

A guy who isn't persisting getsockrd by girls as a wuss.

Describe a guy in one word who doesn't ever turn dates sexual. virgin

You girls have it so easy yet still gripe that's there's nobody right after rejecting a hundred guys.

Whaaat? Persistence, by invitation.....good. The method of persistence is everything. Not picking up on a no, being vulgar, insulting, disingenuous......not good.

BIG difference.

• Like 1
you females lie constantly, do you ever tell the truth about anything whatsoever?

I don't lie. I'm a terrible liar. If I tell you I'm not interested, I'm not lying. But I guess you're not interested in what I have to say, only in your bitter perceptions of the evils of womanhood.

Though I have mentioned before that I have been looked at as a creeper and the like, I have never gone any further than just looking or maybe trying to approach someone but ended up being taken the wrong way.

I have read some articles about stalkers and such, and the guys in these articles are indeed creepy. There is no way to say otherwise. One example is from a letter that some guy had written to a columnist who calls herself, "The Advice Goddess." Nothing could be said that this guy isn't creepy because he came off as entitled and pushy.

Here is the article right here.

Another example was this guy who tracked down this girl who worked at a Hot Topic on Facebook through a mutual friend/acquaintance. There are plenty of articles online about that one, so I don't need to link it.

Those are genuinely creepy moments. I may have given off the wrong vibes here and there, and some of the time I may have stared, but at least I was able to recognize my errors and own up to them. There are moments when I try not to talk to a woman because then I would be perceived as creepy. It's bad when some people will scream harassment even when the person doing the alleged harassment is innocent.

I would like to make a distinction here in which case I am in agreement with the innocent guys being called or otherwise treated as creepy.

I was bullied in middle school. So I know that there are some people who just start name calling for no reason. But that is stuff you don't expect to see once you're out of school and people are supposedly adults. But I too would condemn anyone shunning another person who approached them for the first time in a rude manner. Like if some snobby girl gets her hair up because some guy she doesn't think is good enough just talks to her and she walks away with her little friends being heard to say "Ewwww," that is obviously bullying. Again, I don't expect to see this in adults.

Nonetheless, once the message has been sent and received "not interested," any further attempts to get next to the other person may be deemed creepy, because now you have entered "disrespecting wishes" territory and one can't be expected to know on a scale of 1-10 if it's harmless or could escalate.

• Like 1
Shining One
I would like to make a distinction here in which case I am in agreement with the innocent guys being called or otherwise treated as creepy.
I believe this is the crux of the issue for many men when it comes to the word creep. There is no distinction. A socially awkward man who shyly approaches a woman is lumped into the same category as a man who follows a woman home so he can have his way with her.

I was bullied in middle school. So I know that there are some people who just start name calling for no reason. But that is stuff you don't expect to see once you're out of school and people are supposedly adults. But I too would condemn anyone shunning another person who approached them for the first time in a rude manner. Like if some snobby girl gets her hair up because some guy she doesn't think is good enough just talks to her and she walks away with her little friends being heard to say "Ewwww," that is obviously bullying. Again, I don't expect to see this in adults.

Nonetheless, once the message has been sent and received "not interested," any further attempts to get next to the other person may be deemed creepy, because now you have entered "disrespecting wishes" territory and one can't be expected to know on a scale of 1-10 if it's harmless or could escalate.

I'm glad you see a distinction preraph. Plenty of adults of course still act like children often, perhaps to relive their glory days of high school or junior high or something. Since I was generally an outcast in my schooldays, whenever a category is being drawn up of 'undesirables', 'creepy', 'weird', etc., I tend to assume I would be thrown into that category by people, so I guess I habitually take a defensive position and go at it from that perspective.

Triple like. Decency, tact and kindness should not be correlated with rejection for a lack of attraction. There is a succinct/profound difference.

For a woman to be afraid or wary of a man would define creepy.

There isn't a bit wrong with that and the instinct to be protective of emotional and physical self is the highest objective. There is no way on earth that any man worth his weight would encourage otherwise for his wife, gf, daughter, niece or female friend; any woman that he cares for.

Again, if a man is aggressive, vulgar, unkind; he has surpassed charming and has put himself in a position of possible taser, mace or other self defense from a woman who, quite simply, wants him to walk away.

If a guy gets too pushy, like a when a girl rejects a guy's advances and still persists, then that is creepy. If a guy follows her everywhere she goes, like home or knows her schedule, then that is creepy. If a guy makes an obvious stare up her dress, or stares directly at her chest, then that is creepy. I could go on.

I will say that I remember being the subject of conversation between people and overhearing a girl say "Ewww!" or "Ugh!" when I was mentioned. Now I consider myself a good-looking guy, and I have been told that I was. However, I remember when I was in middle school, some girls talked about me as if I was some hideous ogre. Of course, they would not have said the same thing if the guy looked like he belonged on a magazine cover. I still remember this one girl being totally disrespectful to me like if I was near, she would turn her head and/or put her hand near her face. It really upset me when she did this, because I did not really know her, nor did I talk to her much. But she had to make it known that she didn't like me. She was not seen not long after that. She probably moved away or something.

Also, if you guys want to talk creepy, there are plenty more than just being perceived as a sex offender. Let's look at people who are so distant from others and silent. Some of them could be seen as the type who would go so far as to kill someone. There is more than just the type of creepy that would be perceived as a sexual predator.