Ex-Girlfriend Still haunts me a year later after break up :(

FistOfTheNorthStar

First of all welcome hermano. Now yeah I know what you mean about the whole ex calling you from a random number bull. I am kind of the same predicament only that me and my ex had gotten a place together, I was the financially stable one and she ended it with me. Her new partner has convinced her that because we promised each other to be there, I have an obligation. Please, just like she promised me she would never leave me, no. Why should you help someone who ****ed you over in the end? So they can come back and just seek for more and more later on. A la verga. What I do is I did block her number but I've gotten to the habit of if there's a number calling me randomly, I will wait for voicemail. Hear that voice delete. La vida continua. -F

Thecondor1991

yeah dude this situation is all ****ed up, I hate to tell you this but people like her don't really want to get better. If after everything you've done to help her, she still goes back to drugs, awful guys, and making ****ty mistakes, then shes going to keep doing it. You need to quit being her white knight, you cant help her, only she can help herself.

• Author
Latino4Lyfe
You handled that fine. You aren't her ATM.

Lol true that, sometimes I don't even like being my own ATM, bills man lol.

First of all welcome hermano. Now yeah I know what you mean about the whole ex calling you from a random number bull. I am kind of the same predicament only that me and my ex had gotten a place together, I was the financially stable one and she ended it with me. Her new partner has convinced her that because we promised each other to be there, I have an obligation. Please, just like she promised me she would never leave me, no. Why should you help someone who ****ed you over in the end? So they can come back and just seek for more and more later on. A la verga. What I do is I did block her number but I've gotten to the habit of if there's a number calling me randomly, I will wait for voicemail. Hear that voice delete. La vida continua. -F

Muchas gracias hermano, It's good to know I am not alone in this. Wow, so your ex's new guy had the audacity to tell her to come to you for her actual needs based off a promise you made to her when she was with you and he does...what? Lol wow, the nerve of some people. Your doing the right thing. Espero que todo este bien.

yeah dude this situation is all ****ed up, I hate to tell you this but people like her don't really want to get better. If after everything you've done to help her, she still goes back to drugs, awful guys, and making ****ty mistakes, then shes going to keep doing it. You need to quit being her white knight, you cant help her, only she can help herself.

Thanks Condor, yeah I've seen now that no matter what I say or basically what anyone says to her in regards to overall improving her life, she's unfortunately not going to pay attention, and even if she does it will be for a short time before those negative habits kick in once again :(. She said in her sadness yesterday that her and I can't be together due to our different lifestyles...well look at the consequences that her "lifestyle" has done to her, even if by some chance I decide to break and help get that surgery for her tooth(Don't worry, I'm not), it would do me no good. She's not going to come to her senses, she will most like be appreciative for a day or two and then just run off until something else comes up from her foolishness. SMH this is very sad :(.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author
Latino4Lyfe

Hey guys, just thought I would provide an update. As of right now, there's not much going on in regards to my ex since our last encounter. However, I did have a dream about her last night that's gotten me quite shaken up in real life today. From the parts I remember about it, her and I were sitting together cuddled up on some couch, she had a white blouse on. She was telling me the same BS as she would in real life as to to how I'm so good to her blah blah and for some reason I'm rubbing on her stomach and then I look up at her smiling saying to me "It's not yours...I've told you this already, I am going to need..." AND then that's when I woke up with all these sad, angry, betrayed feelings all rushing back to me as I notice I am laying in my bed and nothing was going on. What do you guys think my subconscious was telling me? Even though it was a dream, it felt so real and I just feel so upset today. :(. Thoughts and guidance please.

Simon Phoenix

It's a dream, it's normal. All it means is that she's still in your head. The further removed you get, the less you'll dream of her. But there's no "message", it's just the subconscious doing what it does.

I had a pregnancy dream about the ex that originally got me to find this site in close proximity to the breakup/No Contact. She was pregnant and basically said "I need your help, I'm ready to come back." I just woke up, thought "well, that was weird" and went to bed. There's no hidden message though dude. It's a dream and means about as much as the random dreams when you're playing basketball with LeBron James on the set of Frozen.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author
Latino4Lyfe

Hey guys, just wanted to provide a little update. Right now I'm just getting settled from getting a promotion at my job and requiring to move to their corporate location. Everything is going well and am looking to keep moving forward :).

Now in regards to my ex, last I heard of her was the crying phone call about her messed up tooth and regretting life choices and you all already know...well a couple of days ago I met up with my buddies for a night out and the place we were eating, there was a guy that's friends with one of my buddies so we had the pleasure of sitting down with him. As the night went on this guy got a phone call from one of his friends and throughout the call he kept making facial expressions on his phone shaking his head and not wanting to pay attention to what the guy on the line was telling him. Long story short with that, the call ended and he was advising us that it was one of his friends wanting advice on a girl that he dated back in January in which things went sour.

At first we laughed it off and talked about it until the guy said the girl's name....which was the same as my ex's name. That right then and there caught my attention and also the fact that in January she was going through stuff with some guy that was stalking her. I started getting curious as were my buddies who saw that something got my attention, and as it turns out this guy is friends with the man that was stalking and BSing around with my ex back in January and that she just started talking to him again and thinks they may start seeing each other again.

That right there made me sick and I could not think straight. I told my buddies I was not feeling well and bid my farewell to the new guy that was hanging with us and went home. I did not directly let on to him that I knew of the situation and that I'm also an ex of hers but I'm sure he may suspected something. Anyways, after spending the night upset at this, I decided that the next time my buddies hang out, that we do not bring any new people around for a while especially as we never know who they know.

What's mainly upsetting me which honestly should not as she made her choice, is that despite this clown giving her and her family hell to the point where the police, DFACS, and God knows who else had to get involved, she still decides to want to talk to him again all while crying to me about the consequences of her life issues. What do you guys think about all this? In regards to her new decision and what could possibly cause her to do all this? Thoughts and opinions are appreciated. Thanks guys.

Simon Phoenix
Hey guys, just wanted to provide a little update. Right now I'm just getting settled from getting a promotion at my job and requiring to move to their corporate location. Everything is going well and am looking to keep moving forward :).

Now in regards to my ex, last I heard of her was the crying phone call about her messed up tooth and regretting life choices and you all already know...well a couple of days ago I met up with my buddies for a night out and the place we were eating, there was a guy that's friends with one of my buddies so we had the pleasure of sitting down with him. As the night went on this guy got a phone call from one of his friends and throughout the call he kept making facial expressions on his phone shaking his head and not wanting to pay attention to what the guy on the line was telling him. Long story short with that, the call ended and he was advising us that it was one of his friends wanting advice on a girl that he dated back in January in which things went sour.

At first we laughed it off and talked about it until the guy said the girl's name....which was the same as my ex's name. That right then and there caught my attention and also the fact that in January she was going through stuff with some guy that was stalking her. I started getting curious as were my buddies who saw that something got my attention, and as it turns out this guy is friends with the man that was stalking and BSing around with my ex back in January and that she just started talking to him again and thinks they may start seeing each other again.

That right there made me sick and I could not think straight. I told my buddies I was not feeling well and bid my farewell to the new guy that was hanging with us and went home. I did not directly let on to him that I knew of the situation and that I'm also an ex of hers but I'm sure he may suspected something. Anyways, after spending the night upset at this, I decided that the next time my buddies hang out, that we do not bring any new people around for a while especially as we never know who they know.

What's mainly upsetting me which honestly should not as she made her choice, is that despite this clown giving her and her family hell to the point where the police, DFACS, and God knows who else had to get involved, she still decides to want to talk to him again all while crying to me about the consequences of her life issues. What do you guys think about all this? In regards to her new decision and what could possibly cause her to do all this? Thoughts and opinions are appreciated. Thanks guys.

I think you need to stop worrying about her motivations. It's a waste of your time. Use this as further evidence as to why you have to keep her out of your life. Stop trying to figure her out man.

• Like 3
  • Author
Latino4Lyfe
I think you need to stop worrying about her motivations. It's a waste of your time. Use this as further evidence as to why you have to keep her out of your life. Stop trying to figure her out man.

Trying man, easier said that done unfortunately :(. It's just that it irks me not only specifically in terms of my ex talking to this guy again, but just in general when I see stuff like this, like ok you just had issues with the law and was in jeopardy of having your child taken from you all because of some angry guy's nonsense or as we have all seen in this forum with the rest of us, we(talking in general) had a very negative experience with an ex or whoever, which caused some heavy issues and yet despite all of that, we decide to want to get back in the fire to the person that caused the outside harm in the first place instead of learning from when it happened and moving on....like what is the point of associating ourselves with danger after we have already seen the result?

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...
  • Author

Hey guys, long time no see. Hope all is well with everyone. Figured I'd provide an update after all this time. Well since the last time I updated here, there really had not been much on myself and the ex...until now.

A couple weeks ago on New Year's weekend my mother ended up passing away :(. Since then, I've been trying to cope and help my father and family throughout this difficult time. Anyways, during the first few days of everything happening and setting up funeral arrangements, I've received multiple calls, texts, e-mails you name it, from everyone. In all of that, my ex decided to come out of the blue to not only send her condolences but also attempt to take charge and help out and "take care of me and my family". For those few days, she called and communicated several times a day to us to make sure we were ok and even stated later in the week, she was going to show up at the house to help me clean and do anything necessary. She was even going to cook some food and bring it over. All her words, I never asked for anything from her or anything, I kept my end of everything general for her, I'm more concerned for myself and my family.

Now with all this, even though I am going through a very hard time with the loss of my mom, I was still skeptical of her and I was right unfortunately. At the day of the funeral service, she called a few hours prior to the service and advised that she was unable to call off work because they would not let her and she would not be able to call out for some time as they were shortstaffed and she needed the money. Gave me a whole speech and everything and that she was going to make up for it.

This past Friday, she calls me to check on everything, she advises that she was forced to call out of work the entire weekend because her mother and aunt had something important in another state. Now here is where it gets interesting....several hours later her mother texts me sending me her condolences and that if I need anything or if I need to come over to talk for a bit I can do so as her and her family were home worried about me.

That right there raised a huge flag as her daughter just earlier stated that they were gone. I went and called her mother to check what was going on...Lo and behold and several minutes of talk, her mother confesses that she called out of work the entire weekend because the guy that she was dating last year(the one that got her in trouble with the law) hit her up and convinced her to go out of state with him.

As if I wasn't already a wreck, that right there just destroyed me :(. How the hell is she going to be talking and talking this and that and then once again pull something like this? This was just outright disgusting. She couldn't call out one night to support me but she can call out a weekend for crap?

What makes it worse is this morning, she texted me the following:

Her: "Are you there? You have not contacted me all weekend :(."

Her: "Is everything all right?"

After a couple hours of no response....

Her: "I'm worried about you but ok."

What the hell??? Please guys, any thoughts and concerns are appreciated. This is the absolute worst time for me :(.

Thistooshallpass21

Let her go, this girl has been constantly playing you. Overall, she sucks and you can find someone so much better. I know it's tough especially with the passing of your mother (my condolences by the way), but you need to put her behind you. I know how tough it is, my grandfather, who I was very close with, passed away and my ex and I broke up in the same week. It's tough as hell, but sometimes we have to look through the windshield, and not in the rear view mirror.

• Like 2

Look at this that way...

Life is life a video game. Your task is to collect coins (thinking about yourself, improving yourself, trying to have your own right way). In this game there is a demon. The demon comes from time to time to shift you away off your task, which is to collect coins.

Apparently you are not such a good player and this demon wins all the time, managing to prevent you from collecting your coins. I say: Practice day and night and be a better player. DEFEAT THIS DEMON!!

Edited by lolablue17
  • Like 1
Simon Phoenix
Hey guys, long time no see. Hope all is well with everyone. Figured I'd provide an update after all this time. Well since the last time I updated here, there really had not been much on myself and the ex...until now.

A couple weeks ago on New Year's weekend my mother ended up passing away :(. Since then, I've been trying to cope and help my father and family throughout this difficult time. Anyways, during the first few days of everything happening and setting up funeral arrangements, I've received multiple calls, texts, e-mails you name it, from everyone. In all of that, my ex decided to come out of the blue to not only send her condolences but also attempt to take charge and help out and "take care of me and my family". For those few days, she called and communicated several times a day to us to make sure we were ok and even stated later in the week, she was going to show up at the house to help me clean and do anything necessary. She was even going to cook some food and bring it over. All her words, I never asked for anything from her or anything, I kept my end of everything general for her, I'm more concerned for myself and my family.

Now with all this, even though I am going through a very hard time with the loss of my mom, I was still skeptical of her and I was right unfortunately. At the day of the funeral service, she called a few hours prior to the service and advised that she was unable to call off work because they would not let her and she would not be able to call out for some time as they were shortstaffed and she needed the money. Gave me a whole speech and everything and that she was going to make up for it.

This past Friday, she calls me to check on everything, she advises that she was forced to call out of work the entire weekend because her mother and aunt had something important in another state. Now here is where it gets interesting....several hours later her mother texts me sending me her condolences and that if I need anything or if I need to come over to talk for a bit I can do so as her and her family were home worried about me.

That right there raised a huge flag as her daughter just earlier stated that they were gone. I went and called her mother to check what was going on...Lo and behold and several minutes of talk, her mother confesses that she called out of work the entire weekend because the guy that she was dating last year(the one that got her in trouble with the law) hit her up and convinced her to go out of state with him.

As if I wasn't already a wreck, that right there just destroyed me :(. How the hell is she going to be talking and talking this and that and then once again pull something like this? This was just outright disgusting. She couldn't call out one night to support me but she can call out a weekend for crap?

What makes it worse is this morning, she texted me the following:

Her: "Are you there? You have not contacted me all weekend :(."

Her: "Is everything all right?"

After a couple hours of no response....

Her: "I'm worried about you but ok."

What the hell??? Please guys, any thoughts and concerns are appreciated. This is the absolute worst time for me :(.

Thoughts are that you should have blocked her from the jump. It sucks that she did what she did, but you allowed it to happen by a) not only allowing her access but b) answering. I mean, I'm sorry for all that's happened with your family, but you can't allow her to breeze in and out of your life that easily. You can't control her, but you can control you.

She sucks, but you have to stop being such a doormat with her. Nowhere did she say that she had any intention of being romantic with you and why should she call out to support you over a guy she's dating? You're her ex, he is her present. I mean, it sucks that she did that, but I really don't know why you expected this to go any different from how it did.

• 1 month later...
  • Author
Latino4Lyfe

Hey guys, hope all is well. Just wanted to pretty much give a general update on myself since the last time I posted.

As a few have seen, my mother passed away a couple of months ago and have been primarily focusing on getting myself right again and helping my father cope with the loss. We've had our good days and our bad days but we are getting there.

Now in regards to my ex, since that last text that you guys see on my previous post above and the news that she decided to go back to her stalker ex around the time of the funeral, there has been no contact whatsoever.

Don't get me wrong, she has popped in my head a couple of times for a moment and have me wondering why??? She treats the only good man in her life like garbage in favor of giving multiple chances to actual garbage. Makes no sense but it is what it is.

Overall my main focus is getting my life and family back on track right now, and I'm well on my way. I hope down the line I will find a woman...a REAL woman that can see my worth and not let negativity get the best of her.

Thank you guys for your time, and I'll provide any updates on myself as best I can.

Any thoughts and/or comments you guys have are much appreciated.

Take care guys :)

• 2 months later...
  • Author
Latino4Lyfe

Hey guys, hope all is well with you all. Just wanted to give an update. It's been about 4-5 months since I last heard from my ex which was around the time of my mother's passing.

Since then, I have been focused solely on getting my life and my family's life back in order. I just recently got another promotion at my job which I am really excited about, and my father just landed a great new job which I am equally excited and proud of all while going to take a break to see my family next week :). I am also very close on closing on a new house which my dad will also be moving in with me for a while. All is well and hope to keep it up :)

Now on to a little hiccup of some sorts that happened this past weekend. After a day of work on Saturday I received a call from an unknown number. Did not answer, went straight to voicemail. I check the voicemail a few hours it's her mother...

Her mother: "Hey Latino4lyfe, sorry to bother you but I was just calling to see if by any chance Ex has reached out to you...something's wrong and she will not talk to us. She also took all of us(I'm guessing it's her family) off social media. Please call me back when you can."

I never called back, but I just found it strange. I wonder what problems she's gotten into now....Any thoughts guys?

Maybe using her mother to reach out to you?

You still have feelings for this girl.. but she doesn't deserve you dude..

• Author
Latino4Lyfe
Maybe using her mother to reach out to you?

You still have feelings for this girl.. but she doesn't deserve you dude..

Thank you for replying back Gaig, not gonna lie despite all of the things that happened to me while I had been with her, there is still a part that cares and loves her. I have been trying long and hard to bury that as I know that unless some giant miracle happens she's not changing and/or coming back anytime soon.

Not sure if her mother's call was a plan from her as she usually clashed with her mother from time to time over the most random things, at least when I was around back then she did.

Either way, despite my feelings and my small concern over what the issue may be now, I'm not planning on reaching out.

Any other thoughts and comments appreciated guys :)

despite all of the things that happened to me while I had been with her, there is still a part that cares and loves her. I have been trying long and hard to bury that as I know that unless some giant miracle happens she's not changing and/or coming back anytime soon.

From my recent presence in this forum I have realized there are (including myself) dozens of guys with the same nostalgia and unfulfilled wishes.

As one of my friends tells me (she had been on the other side of such kind relationship while a guy was offering his all to her for 6 years just to try one more time), we guys are in serious trouble and they -exgfs- are very lucky, but they will not see it until it's too late as it had been for her..

• Author
Latino4Lyfe
From my recent presence in this forum I have realized there are (including myself) dozens of guys with the same nostalgia and unfulfilled wishes.

As one of my friends tells me (she had been on the other side of such kind relationship while a guy was offering his all to her for 6 years just to try one more time), we guys are in serious trouble and they -exgfs- are very lucky, but they will not see it until it's too late as it had been for her..

Thanks a lot for sharing that Gaig, may I ask if possible, what happened with your friend in regards to the relationship in a little more detail?

Thanks a lot for sharing that Gaig, may I ask if possible, what happened with your friend in regards to the relationship in a little more detail?

She was in her early 20s (lets call her A), he was 6-7 years older (lets call him G), way more experienced, aggressive and handsome according to her (A also super cute).

Her a student, him a barman in a local bar/club. He flirted her a lot, but she didn't give in. She finished university, left the town and a year later G found her in facebook and started chatting and flirting. G was falling in love with her quickly, A was in an admittedly bad relationship, but finally broke up and started an LDR with him.

He was crazy for her and would put her as his top priority. He stopped working in the night, got a white collar job, kicked all his groupies out of his field. Where it did go wrong is that G overdid it somehow, eg he was building a holiday house and she found out it was exactly as she would like (her fav colors, design, fish tank, etc). He also quit his job, got a new one in her city, found a place to stay next to her and her sister. Then A freaked out from all these, left him and got back to the bad relationship.

Ever since they would keep casual contact. G would just grab a flight and get a coffee with her every time she would feel bad and depressed. He was a gentleman, not asking for sex, just wanted to see her and support her. A was not brave enough to end her other relationship and get back to him.

So that continued for 5 years(!) I think and G was in another relationship, but ready to go back to her. His girlfriend knew as well. G's friends were calling him names and hating A because she would make him feel so wrecked from time to time. A was always afraid that if she starts a relationship with him again, the bad feelings she had once will come back (exactly like my ex)

Eventually G told her that he loves her very much, he will always love her, that she will never find anybody else to love her or do so many things for her like him, BUT 5 years are too much. So A asked him for the first time to go to her, but he asked her to show him she is serious and go to him (for the first time as well)! He bought the tickets and sent to her door.

My stupid friend (haha) freaked out again, her ego kicked back and threw away the tickets.

After a year or so she realized her big mistake and that she will probably never find someone to love her like this guy.. Texted him, but no reply. A week later G replied from someone else's phone that he is finally getting married that girl and that she should never disturb him anymore!

So, if you ask my friend now what she would do, "of course I would get in that ****ing plane and go stay with him"!

But it's too late, he is a married man..

She is one of the two people I've shared my story (besides here) because I am afraid of exactly the same thing.. My ex will realize the same things when it's gonna be too late for me to trust her again. A tells me that I am a man in deep s*** and she is a lucky girl, but cannot see it..

Guys we are too frequently dump, complacent, super slow and lethargic, but women can become from time to time very selfish, cruel and too rational. I guess it's the learning process..

Hope this story means something to you -it meant to me- because it is a real one..

• Like 1
  • Author
Latino4Lyfe
She was in her early 20s (lets call her A), he was 6-7 years older (lets call him G), way more experienced, aggressive and handsome according to her (A also super cute).

Her a student, him a barman in a local bar/club. He flirted her a lot, but she didn't give in. She finished university, left the town and a year later G found her in facebook and started chatting and flirting. G was falling in love with her quickly, A was in an admittedly bad relationship, but finally broke up and started an LDR with him.

He was crazy for her and would put her as his top priority. He stopped working in the night, got a white collar job, kicked all his groupies out of his field. Where it did go wrong is that G overdid it somehow, eg he was building a holiday house and she found out it was exactly as she would like (her fav colors, design, fish tank, etc). He also quit his job, got a new one in her city, found a place to stay next to her and her sister. Then A freaked out from all these, left him and got back to the bad relationship.

Ever since they would keep casual contact. G would just grab a flight and get a coffee with her every time she would feel bad and depressed. He was a gentleman, not asking for sex, just wanted to see her and support her. A was not brave enough to end her other relationship and get back to him.

So that continued for 5 years(!) I think and G was in another relationship, but ready to go back to her. His girlfriend knew as well. G's friends were calling him names and hating A because she would make him feel so wrecked from time to time. A was always afraid that if she starts a relationship with him again, the bad feelings she had once will come back (exactly like my ex)

Eventually G told her that he loves her very much, he will always love her, that she will never find anybody else to love her or do so many things for her like him, BUT 5 years are too much. So A asked him for the first time to go to her, but he asked her to show him she is serious and go to him (for the first time as well)! He bought the tickets and sent to her door.

My stupid friend (haha) freaked out again, her ego kicked back and threw away the tickets.

After a year or so she realized her big mistake and that she will probably never find someone to love her like this guy.. Texted him, but no reply. A week later G replied from someone else's phone that he is finally getting married that girl and that she should never disturb him anymore!

So, if you ask my friend now what she would do, "of course I would get in that ****ing plane and go stay with him"!

But it's too late, he is a married man..

She is one of the two people I've shared my story (besides here) because I am afraid of exactly the same thing.. My ex will realize the same things when it's gonna be too late for me to trust her again. A tells me that I am a man in deep s*** and she is a lucky girl, but cannot see it..

Guys we are too frequently dump, complacent, super slow and lethargic, but women can become from time to time very selfish, cruel and too rational. I guess it's the learning process..

Hope this story means something to you -it meant to me- because it is a real one..

Wow...Thank you so much for sharing this gaig. This is something that a lot of people have told me as well about my ex including her own family. I'm also sure that a lot of people here have been told that about their exes as well. That even though she is being completely wrong that one day she will eventually realize her errors and try and do right, but by the time it happens I will probably be long gone and married to a woman that actually loves and appreciates me. Let's see what the future holds...Thanks again for sharing.

Wow...Thank you so much for sharing this gaig. This is something that a lot of people have told me as well about my ex including her own family. I'm also sure that a lot of people here have been told that about their exes as well. That even though she is being completely wrong that one day she will eventually realize her errors and try and do right, but by the time it happens I will probably be long gone and married to a woman that actually loves and appreciates me. Let's see what the future holds...Thanks again for sharing.

No worries man!

Just remembered her comment about what she had been thinking all these years..

She was thinking "what if" again and again and again..

What if I start again with him, what if I end with my current relationship, what if we finally get married, what if I stop making his life difficult..

But she got always stuck to this "what if" and never found the guts to give it flesh and bones.

And she told me that my ex will probably stay at this "what if" forever and if I ever approach her again, she will freak out and get defensive again.

It has to do it's natural cycle which is probably eternal. That hurt a lot.

She also mentioned (about my ex) that when a woman really loves someone, she can wait for months and years. So, if my ex broke at 4-5 months, probably our bond (from her side) was never as strong as I thought it was..

Is it due to age? Due to culture? Due to depression? Due to character?

I cannot say only time will tell because she will stay in the "what if" phase for long long time (according to her).

ps. suffering along looks a bit pathetic, but whatever, we are in LS! hahaha

privategal

If I were single you are exactly the kind of boyfriend girls really want.

Please get in a counseling session or two just to make sure this toxic girl didny lower your self esteem and effect you in a lasting way.

She put you through alot.

It seems you could maybe have trouble recognizing a healthy happy normal relationship now.

Sorry for your struggle.

Block her and move on. Its her loss.

• Like 1