How many of you think that this body type & weight is attractive AND healthy?

Rejected Rosebud
What I want to know is why do these subjects only come up in regards to women's bodies? Why do so many people rush out to defend the lifestyle choices of overweight women, but not overweight men? Where are all the photoshopped pics of Kevin James so fat guys feel better about their bodies?
Haha I thought for a minute I was gonna agree with you!! Because OF COURSE this subject only comes up about only women's bodies because it seems like our bodies are EVERYBODY's business whereas a guy's body is not really up for general discussion cause it's probably none of our business! But fat women, Nooooo they just should not be ALLOWED!! :rolleyes:
I read this article today and compared the first picture of "plus-size" model Ashley Graham to the picture below it that features a much slender model. The article is about people who fat-shame "curvy" or overweight women as well as people who skinny-shame thin or slim/athletic women.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/plus-size-model-ashley-graham-233000359.html

Do you think that Ashley Graham's body type and weight is attractive and healthy looking? If so, why? If not, why not?

She does look big though. If I had to say something, I would think she can slim down a little bit more. In my opinion, I can definitely see some weight that can be taken off. She looks like she is over 200 pounds.

While she is attractive, I do feel the way her body looks does keep me away from approaching her if she was available. She is basically like me now, where my body is a little sculpted but you can see the bottom of my stomach with fat, like a small belly is there. I really want to get rid of that belly fat. It makes me a little bit wider than I want to.

But if she is happy with her weight, I certainly wouldn't try to shame her or anything. She is still attractive and I am sure gets a lot of male attention.

• Like 1
Imajerk17
That isn't really the point. Women can be as fat as they like, and I'm pretty sure most guys don't care. The issue that I see is the new "curvy" trend where fat women try to convince fit men that they should find fat women attractive, or the man has something wrong with them. Fat guys on the other hand can continue being dateless, because fat women don't even want them.

See for one thing, I think you have what is causing what backwards here.

Men never needed convincing to give bigger women a chance. Men have ALREADY been attracted to, courting, and marrying women with thicker physical builds. This has been going on since when, the beginning of history?

Just as women were attracted to chubbier guys since like forever. Even the name "dadbod", even though it is new, is revealing. It's indicative of a guy who is physically strong yet unfussy about his appearance. You know, just like Dad when she was a little girl.

The trends going on in the media are just reflecting what actually has been happening on the ground since, like forever.

Also, even though yes, those of both genders who are obese tend to struggle w dating, even many overweight guys do decently with dating, and their looks aren't holding them back. See above. If anything, overweight men tend to do better than overweight women, as there is less of a focus on men's looks.

Edited by Imajerk17
  • Like 1

Why does someone have to keep their body socially acceptable in the first place? If she likes the way she looks, I like it too! If she wants to lose some weight, I also support that decision. But if she wants to lose weight simply because of the judgment of others, that is sad.

It's ok to be whoever you want to be.

Skinny is ok. Fat is ok. Toned is ok. Buff is ok. Whatever YOU want to be. If you are happy with you, I'm happy with you.

As far as the health aspect, size doesn't automatically = health status. But even if you are talking about truly obese people, if you feel it is important for people to take their health seriously, then educate! Help! Support. But shaming and judging and pointing fingers? That helps nobody.

• Like 1
That isn't really the point. Women can be as fat as they like, and I'm pretty sure most guys don't care. The issue that I see is the new "curvy" trend where fat women try to convince fit men that they should find fat women attractive, or the man has something wrong with them. Fat guys on the other hand can continue being dateless, because fat women don't even want them.

Just because someone says you should do something doesn't mean you have to do it.

And - there are plenty of us who like heavier guys.

• Like 1

Just as women were attracted to chubbier guys since like forever. Even the name "dadbod", even though it is new, is revealing. It's indicative of a guy who is physically strong yet unfussy about his appearance. You know, just like Dad when she was a little girl.

Yes, exactly :love:

I didn't need a meme or a hashtag to like men built that way, but I'm happy to see them celebrated! Yummy.

And it's the same for thicker women. Some men have always been primarily attracted to that type, and are happy to see them celebrated.

• Like 1

I always thought looking like you're carrying twins and need a bra was a feminine look. But I guess I was mistaken. :confused:

I always thought looking like you're carrying twins and need a bra was a feminine look. But I guess I was mistaken. :confused:

Just like with women, some men carry extra pounds more attractively than others. A thick chest and broad shoulders, and a soft hairy belly, does not look feminine.

Just like with women, some men carry extra pounds more attractively than others. A thick chest and broad shoulders, and a soft hairy belly, does not look feminine.

I heard it called bears vs whales. YMMV.

The article is about people who fat-shame "curvy" or overweight women as well as people who skinny-shame thin or slim/athletic women.

It is about billboards encouraging women to starve themselves through imagery. Where did you come up with the shaming?

• Like 1

I dont like skinny girls, they look bad and unhealthy, I like ladies who are arent too fat or too skinny, something in between.

But I'm totally against those who say its ok to be fat, being overweight is bad no matter how you look at it, its wrong to criticize people who dont an overweight partner, nature and our instincts do their best to find a healthy partner with whom we can reproduce.

hotpotato
Also, as an edit: I agree that skinny-shaming is wrong, too, but we don't see that as often IMO.

I see it and ive experienced it. Its esp bad if shes thin, in good shape, and is shapely. Strong haterism!

As far as the model. I dont think she looks bad, although shes not my cup of tea. Shes probably around 6ft tall so its different than being 5'2 and size 14.

I would like to see overweight women stop calling themselves curvy just because they are overweight. Being curvy is about body ratios. Many overweight women are not curvy at all, and there are skinny women who are quite curvy.

• Like 7
fitnessfan365

I think that she's a bombshell and that type of curvy physique is hot. In the spotlight, normal sizes are often much smaller and unrealistic. So when a woman actually looks healthy, she's considered "plus size".

I remember being in Vegas for Halloween years back with my best friend. Women in costume every where. He'd point out women he thought was super hot, etc.. Yet they were way too skinny for me. Ribs protruding, hips/asses meeting in a straight line, etc.. Then when I'd point out women that looked curvacious, feminine, and healthy, he'd call me a "chubby chaser" :laugh: Yet these women were size 10-12 tops.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
Methodical

Hubs and I spent some time at the beach this past weekend. The first day we didn't actually spend a lot of time together as we had an agenda to fulfill; however, the next day we spent most of the day by the water. We went for a long walk and naturally being on a the beach with lots of women in bikinis we discussed who we found attractive and who didn't do a lot for us.

In the case BOZG posted, both women are attractive but the photos can be a bit deceiving, not just because of the possibility of photo shopping, but also because one photo is in color and the other is grey scale. That said, it would be fair to say hubs and I basically agree that both women in the given example would be intriguing candidates based on our observation and communication while walking.

We mutually agree that women who are rail thin, as in you can count their ribs and see their pelvic bone protruding thru are no-go's. I want to feel comfortable tumbling around and dishing out a pounding and in return receive the same. I wouldn't feel comfortable with a woman who looks emancipated and fragile...and I'm nowhere near huge myself.

Interestingly, after assessing body types, what hubs and I found hot and attractive were women with a little more meat on their bones, women with defined curves and strong features. Not fat and unkempt, mind you, but nothing about Ashley is unkempt and in the RW, we were in sync with what we found attractive and this led to some stimulating conversation and made me think of this thread.

i just saw the picture. i don't know who that is but she looks really fat to me. i don't like that body type at all. but clothed you might not see the fat so much.

thefooloftheyear
I wouldn't feel comfortable with a woman who looks emancipated and fragile...

I agree....I prefer women who are sturdy and chained to a tree all day.....:p

TFY

• Like 2
Hopeful714

Well....because she's younger and has an attractive face I can see her sex appeal. However, as this girl ages, it's gonna get bad. She won't have the facial features to rely on, may have some health issues, may get bigger and will inevitably succumb to sag and cellulite that won't be very attractive at all. So now...ok, but in the long run I gotta say no.