A guy that doesnt think with his ****

toolforgrowth
I hold doors open and always listen to people I converse with....especially a woman that I am on a date with. How in the world does THAT prove to a woman that I am interested in her?????? In my book thats common courtesy across the board. Not special treatment.

That could be part of the problem. I don't slam doors in other people's faces, but I don't go out of my way to hold them open for people. They're adults, they know how to open a door.

But a lady I'm interested in? Hell yeah I'll open doors for her. I still open the car door for my GF to this day.

Do you touch her? I'm not talking like her crotch or boobs or anything. But when you open doors for her and she walks through, do you place your hand on the small of her back? When she says something funny that makes you laugh, do you touch her hand? Even just a little bit of physical contact like that can make a lot of difference. I wouldn't touch a lady friend in the small of her back when holding a door for her; I wouldn't touch her hand when she makes me laugh; I wouldn't tuck her hair behind her ear.

But a lady I'm interested in? Oh heck yeah. Especially tucking her hair behind her ear. For some reason I just really enjoy that...

• Like 1
  • Author

See, here we go with the touching. Crossing that "friend" line.

ONCE AGAIN.....the guy has to cross the "just get to know you barriers" while the woman sits backs and judges him, gets to know him, and all that other stuff.

When is someone going to admit that I'm right about this????????

The guy CAN NOT stay in "getting to know you mode" like the woman can during this whole scenario. He has to use the special secret behind the scenes subliminal moves to prove his interest in her.

Because obviously taking a woman out, and spending time with her on a specifically labeled "date" just isnt enough proof for her.

toolforgrowth
Because obviously taking a woman out, and spending time with her on a specifically labeled "date" just isnt enough proof for her.

Well, it's not.

I've taken women out on dates and found that I wasn't interested in them after one or two. Sure, they were cute. But one hardly had any sense of humor, and another just seemed to be looking for an ego boost, and yet another would probably have been just fine with a single sexual encounter. I wasn't looking for any of those things, so I stopped going out with them.

Women do this very same thing, bro. Can't say I blame them, because I also do it.

EDIT: And really, when did placing your hand on the small of her back as she passes you become some huge taboo thing? It's not like you're giving her boob a squeeze.

I sense that the real issue is you're afraid to touch her unless she specifically says, "Touch me" or "kiss me" or just does it herself.

Edited by toolforgrowth
  • Author
Well, it's not.

I've taken women out on dates and found that I wasn't interested in them after one or two. Sure, they were cute. But one hardly had any sense of humor, and another just seemed to be looking for an ego boost, and yet another would probably have been just fine with a single sexual encounter. I wasn't looking for any of those things, so I stopped going out with them.

Women do this very same thing, bro. Can't say I blame them, because I also do it.

You arent even paying attention to what I'm talking about.

And the "small of the back move" is the end of the road for me.

toolforgrowth
You arent even paying attention to what I'm talking about.

And the "small of the back move" is the end of the road for me.

Funny, I was actually going to say the same thing about you.

Okay. I've tried to help you as much as I could, but I think I'm done here. Best of luck to you in your future endeavors.

Peace.

• Like 1
autumnnight
EXACTLY! So if I only present myself as a nice friendly guy trying to get to know her than WHY do most women friendzone guys in said situation, since he isnt exerting his attraction to her?? Its a blatant double standard. She wants him to show his interest and attraction to her so she can judge him, but she just "wants to be friends first so she can get to know him".

I dont see how anyone can disagree that its not a double standard.

And I have no respect for a man who DOESN'T want to get to know ME and judge ME before getting into my pants. A man who doesn't feel the same need to get to know me and make sure I am a quality woman is basically saying, "any vagina will do."

That isn't a double standard. That is one person who is mature and one person who is just a horn-dog victim.

See, here we go with the touching. Crossing that "friend" line.

ONCE AGAIN.....the guy has to cross the "just get to know you barriers" while the woman sits backs and judges him, gets to know him, and all that other stuff.

When is someone going to admit that I'm right about this????????

The guy CAN NOT stay in "getting to know you mode" like the woman can during this whole scenario. He has to use the special secret behind the scenes subliminal moves to prove his interest in her.

Women touch too to show their interest. If a woman isn't touching your hand or shoulder, then she likely isn't interested in you.

• Author
Women touch too to show their interest. If a woman isn't touching your hand or shoulder, then she likely isn't interested in you.

I've NEVER had any woman ever touch me in the beginning stages of dating like you say. My ex wife never did it, and the two women that I had long term relationships with never did it, and those 3 women were definitely more interested in me than any I've ever met.

Edited by Male

It's been said that men/males are the only warm blooded creatures on the planet with two heads and usually only one of them works . . . sometimes neither does though :)

• Like 1
loverboy69
Why would I treat a woman different when I dont even know her yet? Anyone that treats a woman "different" upon first meeting is basing everything purely on her looks alone, since its impossible to determine if someone is truly a match that soon. Again, this is where logic comes into play instead of raw emotion or attraction. I just dont see why I would flirt and feed the ego of someone before I know they are compatible with me.

I don't think you understand. You are trying too hard to be logical about the details. Lose the geek mentality.

If all you want is friendship then by all means treat the one you are attracted to the way you've always been treating them and your results will stay the same.

I'm not telling you to jump her bones immediately upon contact. But you do need to show her that you are attracted. You can do this over time (subtly) if you need to but find a way to do it.

Edited by loverboy69