My boss is going to be pisssssssed!

RecordProducer

She shouldn't have yelled at you either! But the good news is - she could have fired you if you didn't do your work properly and it's so easy to find mistakes in anyone's work. It's a head game.

You were actually lucky. Why was she pissed at you when she grabbed your hand? What made her do that?

The last time my boss grabbed my arm we each wound up with 2 beers....one to drink, the other to keep the swelling down...........no human resource department here........obviously......

• Author
blind_otter
Originally posted by RecordProducer

She shouldn't have yelled at you either! But the good news is - she could have fired you if you didn't do your work properly and it's so easy to find mistakes in anyone's work. It's a head game.

You were actually lucky. Why was she pissed at you when she grabbed your hand? What made her do that?

She was upset and anxious about an awards ceremony. First she asked me to go with her and I said, "why do I need to go?" -- really I asked because I wanted to be able to prepare, and not just wander around aimlessly. She refused to explain why and had a hissy fit, and said in a sarcastic voice, "OH I have absolutely NO reason to ask you, it just dropped out of the sky! of COURSE I have a reason, I wouldn't ask you if I didn't!" I stepped back and said "Okaaaaaaay..." and she said, "Get out of my office, I don't want you to go if you don't want to be there."

So I left, she had another fit and called me back...I knew it would get ugly b/c she was so agitated. She was upset because some awards certificates weren't in the proper order and wanted me to help her. I offered to take over the job b/c it would be easier for one person to do. she grabbed my arm and said "What is wrong with you? Why can't we work together well??" Then I said, "Please, just tell me what to do and I will do it."

I was uncomfortable, it was an ucky situation, and I tried to make it so that it was not inflammatory any more.

Originally posted by blind_otter

I need a new HD I think because my 'puter makes the most awful hacking coughing sounds when I turn it on and a whirring sound.

Better back up your important files before it dies for good. I just replaced the hard drive on one of my computers after noticing the same thing. It's only a matter of time...

I need to see if I can con a boy into fixing my sh*t for me :o:p

Wear something nice and I'm sure he'll be right over. :D

Anyway, back to the subject at hand. Carry on...

• Author
blind_otter

I wonder if they can check my computer without me knowing...the pot makes me paranoid....

I wonder if they can check my computer without me knowing...

If you are on a network, of course they can.

I have access to all of the computers on our network here at our office. Mine is the server. Even my satellite computers have access to my files (Temp internet files, history, favorites, programs, documents, etc).

• Author
blind_otter

:laugh:

I had to change my email addy from my work account to my yahoo account for LS so I can't get all the email alerts so fast, now. booo hoooo.

No worries blind.....we'll wait for you to catch up. You have to do what you have to do.

bubbles

• Author
blind_otter

Luckily I have a T3 connection at work so it's super fast. That beyatch can go to hell! She's giving me the silent treatment now. HAH.

How mature is that? I give her the information she requested, she walks away in a huff while I'm standing there holding the information she requested for her meeting, so I walk into her office and plop it down while she's in the middle of saying that I didn't provide her the information she needed.

Idiot.

I wonder if they can check my computer without me knowing...the pot makes me paranoid....

In fact, I just heard a news item about a woman who was fired for writing emails critical of her boss. They can also get you for being on a forum or for spending your time online rather than working, if they want to.

• Author
blind_otter
Originally posted by moimeme

In fact, I just heard a news item about a woman who was fired for writing emails critical of her boss. They can also get you for being on a forum or for spending your time online rather than working, if they want to.

Sigh. Why can't they fire people for taking 2 hour lunches and missing deadlines because things moulder in their inboxes? Double standard. I wish I could get paid 100K a year to work 30 hours a week and spend beaucoup bucks on wining and dining people.

Originally posted by moimeme

In fact, I just heard a news item about a woman who was fired for writing emails critical of her boss.

I'm not surprised.

They can also get you for being on a forum or for spending your time online rather than working, if they want to.

...Oh yeeeeeaaaaaah. I think a lot of people forget about this. This is why I'm so secretive (and paranoid) about my LS.

Side note, BO, are you blowing smoke into a camera in that picture? :laugh: That is sooooo funny!

• Author
blind_otter
Originally posted by tiki

I'm not surprised.

...Oh yeeeeeaaaaaah. I think a lot of people forget about this. This is why I'm so secretive (and paranoid) about my LS.

Side note, BO, are you blowing smoke into a camera in that picture? :laugh: That is sooooo funny!

Yeap....now the question is....what KIND of smoke am I blowing?? hahaha.

She emails me to tell me to do things, like clean my work area. Nevermind that her desk looks like her inbox threw up all over the place. :rolleyes: Why am I subject to scrutinization just because SHE had a hissy fit and grabbed my arm?

I'm supposed to follow up with personnel. I honestly feel like saying, I want to withdraw the complaint. Nothing will change, and my working environment will only get worse and worse.

Atleast if they do purge your records, they're going to find a lot of dirt on other employees too, where you've bitched about them. ;) That outta make 'em think. :laugh:

Why can't they fire people for taking 2 hour lunches and missing deadlines because things moulder in their inboxes? Double standard

Asked and answered. Lackies are allowed no leeway. However, once you acquire a position for yourself, you're teflon. It's the employment caste system and it stinks.

Yeap....now the question is....what KIND of smoke am I blowing?? hahaha.

Do I smell cannabis? *cough*

• Author
blind_otter
Originally posted by westernxer

Do I smell cannabis? *cough*

I know you like how I can handle my big water pipe.

I know you like how I can handle my big water pipe.

You definitely know how to live life to the fullest.

:p

• Author
blind_otter

She is hostile towards me and pissy. Today she kicked me and 2 co-workers out of the breakroom for no reason 15 minutes before my lunchbreak was up. Whenever I go into someone's office to talk to them about anything (this is all work-related stuff, no gossiping, because I am under intense scrutiny right now) she tries to find a reason to follow me in.

She criticizes the wording I use on emails, and spazzes out about little mistakes (how was I supposed to know that firm had recently moved?) and seems to not care about mistakes SHE makes (she lost an important document and blamed me, so when I produced a copy that I had made for such an emergency she became even more irritable). I plan on rooting around in her office early tomorrow morning to find the original just to be an a**h***. :D

For gawd's sakes don't let her catch you girl! You are logging everything right?

bubbles

she has the original. she wants you to look for it in her office. it would have made her happy if you did not have a copy. it made her angry that you did. you spolied her 'fun'

she sends you emails instead of talking to you because she wants everythin g to be documented? there is more. she is waiting to inpu to your review. you need to have a journal of the emails and the times and places you did every task.

as for your grievance. you are dealing with an untrained dog. she had no boundaries. now she has some. there will be more. then she will learn or move on. DO NOT back down to her and DO NOT go back on the complaint.

Conflict management is the butter for my bread. What you need to do is get the upper hand. remember her birthday. make sure someone hears you wish her a happy birthday. I am serious. her reaction will be duly noted. organise her cake. ask her what kind she likes. the banality will kill her.

Every time she infringes on your break time or gives you a head time with vacation time, etc. you MUST pu it in your journal. when the chickens come home to roost you have to have something to feed them.

if she is as yakuza (long memory) as you say, then you have to prepare yourself for the long winter. lots of supplies. lots of rationing.

and yes they can check your computer. be careful.

Excellent advice.

I have a book at my desk I call my "Cover Your Ass" book. I log conversations that I have with my co-workers and managers (not only because I have a seriosly bad memory but) for me to access. It has always worked out in my favour as I am sure it would work for you.

As my Father has always said "The pen is mighter than the sword"

bubbles