I am calling her in 1 hour

• Author
If she really is curious about what you have to say, she will send you a text saying she's available to talk. If not, she won't. So stop arguing and plotting and see if she texts. QUOTE]

ok this makes sense.

• Author

Well got a sms at 4pm saying "My battery going to empty soon, I will let u know when I reach home ok"

She could be avoiding, but my gut feeling says shes not.

Anyway, if i don't get another text today, I will leave her alone.

• Author

If she doesnt text again, I am kool with it.

At least I have communicated that I am ok with contact, so i'll leave that up to her.

Its kind of a good one of confirming I know where she is at without having to deal with the emotions of the phone call.

So all good either way.

frigginlost

I really feel for ya.

I believe she is going to offer you a chair at the friendship table.

Be prepared for that.

I don't know that you will get any of the answers you're looking for.

It is only depressing because Marky00 did not take the hint when his ex broke up with him.

People do not break up for fun, they break up usually because they see no future for the relationship and/or they break up so that they can see other people. In this case for both of those reasons.

She has a new BF.

She did not break up with Marky00 for effect, had she done that she would be contacting him and arranging to see him and saying she was sorry and can they get back together.

Here she simply left, has got a new BF and has moved on.

Marky00

It doesn't matter why she left, she may have left due to a huge issue (she never loved you) or to a small trivial issue (she didn't like the way you held your cutlery), the fact is, she left you, and you need to accept that and move on.

• Like 6
seminoles84

Another tragic story of a poster not following some solid advice form individuals who have been through the exact same thing and/or been around LS long enough to know how things like this play out.

..oh well..some have to learn the hard way.

• Like 5
Well got a sms at 4pm saying "My battery going to empty soon, I will let u know when I reach home ok"

She could be avoiding, but my gut feeling says shes not.

Anyway, if i don't get another text today, I will leave her alone.

Eh, sounds like an excuse to not answer her phone or be available.

• Like 2
mtnbiker3000
Unfortunately, i think she met this guy around New years Eve back in Thailand so I now feel kind of silly for not sticking with the initial plan.

Makes NO difference. You had very little to do with this outcome!!!!

Well, actually, you had everything to do with it. But that's another thread ;)

ConfusedHumanBeing

You always know a thread on here is going to be interesting when there are four pages since yesterday.

OP, just don't. There are 500 reasons not to talk to her. She doesnt want to be with you anymore and your making matters worse.

• Like 1
Karin2rinkashi
I'm not going to say either way what to do, but all I will say is that around the 40 day mark is when temptation to break contact is at an all time high.

Two cons to consider: she has a BF and she hasn't contacted you in 40+ days...let's do some deduction here about what all of this means and what the likely outcome of you contacting her will be, shall we.

I think we can surmise the likely result, but what do we know.

I'm pretty sure your rational mind (and not a breakup chemical infused one) would allow you to see that you are not the one who should be breaking contact in this scenario, if she left you and then paired up with someone else.

Do you really think she's going to be like 'Marky, oh my gosh, thanks for the epiphany! I think I'll just go over here and dump what's-his-face, because yep, you're right! You're the one I want. I'm so glad you called to remind me of this fact.'

I don't this call is going to help with the wondering, the questions, and/or the lack of closure. If anything, it's probably going to augment the problem.

Dayna!

You crack me up!!!! Hahahahahahaaaaaaaa

Lollll. Thanks Karin... it's true though. OP shoulda listened... but nope.

Just keepin' it real yo. That's how we do around here. ;)

• Like 1

Friend, I sell insurance now, so know the lingo. Call back please is code for not gonna answer. I'll call you in an hour is code for not gonna call you at all and I won't answer if you call. I'm at work so please call me when I get home at 6 means I get home at 5 and am in the shower at 6.

It's the "dupe" response and sorry, that is how it is. As an insurance agent, don't give a crap anymore. You with your ex? Ouch!

Next time, (and by that I guess I mean your next breakup if you have one, since this is probably over) the trick is to keep on talking. Pretend they never said that, but quickly acknowledge it. It's like "sure, but how is little ____ doing, I'm sorry I could not attend the Parent-Teacher conference" or "of course...I just wanted to ask how the foot is healing" whatever. Once you distract beyond the "call me back" bullsh*t, they forget and go with the flow. Always remember that!

As they tell us in Insurance class, keep going until they tell you to please stop. Usually it ends up getting better and better beyond that first roadblock. Then people open up and things get lighter.

Sorry, too little too late. I know, it's not that encouraging to me either, but I'll tell you from much firsthand experience: When people say "sorry, I'm at work, please call me back later" to the outgoing calling machine and I know that, when the call is transferred to me and I pretend I never heard it, they keep on talking! If you were in my shoes, would you tell them to stop and you will call back later? I think not!

Same there. I don't know your relationship so don't know how much she despises you, but most likely she will keep talking if you keep talking...but you may not want her to! :rolleyes:

Just sayin'

Ken

Well WTF, the post I was replying to isn't here anymore. I swear it was to the OP and was just recently, and was how she told him to call back in an hour. Am I losing it?

Sorry, didn't get much sleep last night, or is it that the system is having a hiccup...?

This thread reads like poster banner for no contact lol

OP, No contact isn't a way to get your ex back. Its a way for you to move on. She is gone and all contact with her does is validate her reasoning for breaking up with you in the first place. Contacting her is like holding up a huge sign saying "hey! I'm the same exact color you thought I was! You were right to breakup with me!".

She knows you want her back. She broke up with you and she is being f'ed by another dude. Contacting her made you look weak and not at all strong to her. Most women respect strength. Remember that.

Its ok though. Now you know that you must move on and start doing things with YOU in mind. Not her. Go do new things and meet new people. Move forward, not backward.

• Like 1
What you guys dont get is that girl didnt communicate well and sometimes would say chit that just screwed with your head.

Haven't read through the full thread yet, but...

You want to ask THIS girl, who didn't communicate well, and said stuff to screw with your head.... ANY form of questions that require the use of honesty?

Yeah, terrible plan.

• Like 1

If you want to see what happens when you chase after an ex girlfriend just read through all the threads I started. Granted I went way beyond where you are now. It's like a bad addiction to a drug. Just one call just one text. I wish to god I never made that call you're about to make. Don't be me it can only make it worse