I feel so bitter...

Jonp219

That status gives me comfort lol. It's absolutely true, when one door closes another one opens, and there's no guarantee that door will be closed off forever. Not to mention, what if there's someone out there even better than our exes? Early on in my break-up I completely shunned the idea of another woman possessing more extravagant qualities than my ex. But now, 2 and a half months in, I'm beginning to get curious.

I'm beginning to see that our relationship wasn't perfect and that maybe this break-up was for the best. I loved her, but I can't deny the fact that our love was very--young. I was her first boyfriend and she was my first true relationship, before that I had a long-distance relationship--that ended twice.

Although this ordeal has been hard on me (and you too), I do have these moments when I feel like this whole thing has made me stronger. Of course I get the flashbacks, the fond memories, the dream etc. But I feel like I'm more in control of who I am as a person, something I never felt with her because I was just too codependent, and too much of an *******.

They will get less frequent and less intense. But, it's been almost 4 months for me now and I just broke down and cried a bit. I've been trying really hard to get some success on OLD just to feel like I can accomplish this again but it's not working. So, I'm thinking the lesson here clearly is that I'm just not there yet and I'm trying to force something but only getting negativity so I have to leave it be for now.

I know I've been beating down the door, yelling at the stars, wishing on 11:11, praying before bed for my girlfriend to come back. I'm ****ing listening to "Back to December" by Taylor Swift on repeat (I hate her and country) but I'm just hoping that she will feel the way that Taylor feels in this song. I have to set it down and that's why I said tonight, I'm only coming back to these boards once a month to review people's progress and to update you guys on me and hopefully be able to check in with a good news story (new girl, ex comes back). But they don't come back until we let them go. Let's just let them go and heal ourselves, see what happens in the mean-time. Doesn't mean we love/loved them any less, it means we love them enough to let them go and discover what makes them happiest, if it happens to be us, they'll find a way to get back to us because they'll realize it. If they don't, then maybe it wasn't meant to be as we thought and it was lessons for all parties involved.

Right now, I'd just give anything to feel attractive or like I'm capable of dating someone of quality again. I just don't want these regrets. They can only be regrets if I get another chance and make the same mistake again. So, I've made sure to really drill home the lessons I needed to learn.

• Like 1
  • Author
They will get less frequent and less intense. But, it's been almost 4 months for me now and I just broke down and cried a bit. I've been trying really hard to get some success on OLD just to feel like I can accomplish this again but it's not working. So, I'm thinking the lesson here clearly is that I'm just not there yet and I'm trying to force something but only getting negativity so I have to leave it be for now.

I know I've been beating down the door, yelling at the stars, wishing on 11:11, praying before bed for my girlfriend to come back. I'm ****ing listening to "Back to December" by Taylor Swift on repeat (I hate her and country) but I'm just hoping that she will feel the way that Taylor feels in this song. I have to set it down and that's why I said tonight, I'm only coming back to these boards once a month to review people's progress and to update you guys on me and hopefully be able to check in with a good news story (new girl, ex comes back). But they don't come back until we let them go. Let's just let them go and heal ourselves, see what happens in the mean-time. Doesn't mean we love/loved them any less, it means we love them enough to let them go and discover what makes them happiest, if it happens to be us, they'll find a way to get back to us because they'll realize it. If they don't, then maybe it wasn't meant to be as we thought and it was lessons for all parties involved.

Right now, I'd just give anything to feel attractive or like I'm capable of dating someone of quality again. I just don't want these regrets. They can only be regrets if I get another chance and make the same mistake again. So, I've made sure to really drill home the lessons I needed to learn.

The thing is you're wounded. Going on OLD sites isn't going to fix that right now. Instead, it might frustrate you, you might start believing that you're not good enough if you don't start getting messages from women who you find desirable. I was doing the same thing just 3 weeks ago, I signed up on OLD sites and I realized that I wasn't ready for this right now. I'm going onto a site full of people looking for love just so I could use them as rebounds? Not to mention, my only true purpose is to beat my ex to the punch, get someone before she does (I believe she's still single, not sure). I didn't want to get into a relationship I wasn't ready for at the moment. Just imagine if you do get a new girlfriend from an OLD site and she realizes that you're not ready for a relationship, now your mourning the lost of TWO exes.

We're going to come out of this stronger than ever if we really truly let go of them. I still cry weekly, since the break up I still haven't gone a full week without crying. The pain still lingers, but crying has been very therapeutic, and praying helps too. Sometimes I pray that she comes back, but I mostly I pray for the strength to get through all this, because at the end of the day this is about me (us).

It's like Satu says, we need to stop centering around them and start center around us. It's frustrating I know, but do we really have a choice? I WISH we could just snap our fingers and they would come back to us, but life doesn't work that way.

I'm with you on the decision to leave this site for a while. There's a lot of wonderful and helpful people in here, but alot of these stories ruin my day. We must also realize that this site is just a microscopic scope of the real world. People only come here when they have a problem, that's why we rarely read any feel good stories. I don't know how often bad things happen in relationships as opposed to good things, but all I know is that 5 of my closest friends are happily married, happiness can't be that rare.

• Like 4
The thing is you're wounded. Going on OLD sites isn't going to fix that right now. Instead, it might frustrate you, you might start believing that you're not good enough if you don't start getting messages from women who you find desirable. I was doing the same thing just 3 weeks ago, I signed up on OLD sites and I realized that I wasn't ready for this right now. I'm going onto a site full of people looking for love just so I could use them as rebounds? Not to mention, my only true purpose is to beat my ex to the punch, get someone before she does (I believe she's still single, not sure). I didn't want to get into a relationship I wasn't ready for at the moment. Just imagine if you do get a new girlfriend from an OLD site and she realizes that you're not ready for a relationship, now your mourning the lost of TWO exes.

We're going to come out of this stronger than ever if we really truly let go of them. I still cry weekly, since the break up I still haven't gone a full week without crying. The pain still lingers, but crying has been very therapeutic, and praying helps too. Sometimes I pray that she comes back, but I mostly I pray for the strength to get through all this, because at the end of the day this is about me (us).

It's like Satu says, we need to stop centering around them and start center around us. It's frustrating I know, but do we really have a choice? I WISH we could just snap our fingers and they would come back to us, but life doesn't work that way.

I'm with you on the decision to leave this site for a while. There's a lot of wonderful and helpful people in here, but alot of these stories ruin my day. We must also realize that this site is just a microscopic scope of the real world. People only come here when they have a problem, that's why we rarely read any feel good stories. I don't know how often bad things happen in relationships as opposed to good things, but all I know is that 5 of my closest friends are happily married, happiness can't be that rare.

It has definitely frustrated me and I'm -close- to feeling like I can move on but I wouldn't be able to do it unless the girl was really special. I'm starting to feel my standards slip and I'm not going to do that. So, since the only thing I had going on Tinder has faded, I'm leaving it alone.. only signing in to keep my profile afloat and maybe I'll get a message from someone but I won't rely on it.

I just won my championship so some positive things are coming and it made me feel good about myself. I accomplished something huge that was very difficult for me to get and the way that I did that was by putting in hard work, putting in the time and I was rewarded when it was time to be rewarded. I had two second round losses in the first two seasons in order to get to the finals this year and we made it count. It made me feel incredible when the guys were talking about how impressive it is that I'm this good without any real training or playing when I was younger and how much better I've become since the first season. I might not be the best looking guy (man, being sweaty and tired after a championship does not lead to great mug shots!) but I did manage to get one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen and met, I kept her for two years before GIGS beat me.. and she may still come back yet. If she doesn't, she's missing out on an incredible guy because how many people can say that they did what I did? Not many.

You should do the same as I am, man. Center around you. Improve yourself and check in here once a month, see how people are making out. But you're right, the stories here, most are depressing, and the good stories we never hear because they rarely come back once they've either reconciled or found love somewhere else.

• Like 1

You should do the same as I am, man. Center around you. Improve yourself and check in here once a month, see how people are making out. But you're right, the stories here, most are depressing, and the good stories we never hear because they rarely come back once they've either reconciled or found love somewhere else.

You both are right, now I realize why I tend to leave this site for months at a time. In all honesty, 99% of the stores on here are so damn depressing and it's just people asking "how to get an ex back" or "asking why they feel a certain way?" I feel it's the same story over and over again. And I always end up feeling exhausted reading those posts.

So many of the stories on here eat away your spirit, it's seriously hard to stomach reading about how people treat others.

The cheating/flirting/jealousy forum, the infidelity forum, and the other man/woman forum ruin my day, reading the posts in those forums seriously makes me feel nauseous. Knowing that there are so many people who consciously do such horrible things like that to other people breaks my heart, it's just hard for me to stomach . I can't empathize nor sympathize because whenever I'm in a relationship I could never think about cheating, but I guess everyone is different.

On top of those repeated stories and cheating forums that ruin your day, there is an absolute lack of positive stories. It kind of gives you a jaded outlook on relationships. And everyone on here uses an ethnocentric view of relationships and tries to apply it to every relationship that has ever existed. I don't think people on here realize that you have to take the advice on here with a grain of salt. A screwdriver fixes a lot of things, but it can't be used for every project.

I've been trying to keep up with you Jonp219 and you too Throldur and probably 1 or 2 others. I wish you all the best on this recovery, I know you'll all get there. But you two are right, it's time to take a break from the site for a while. I'll definitely try to pop in a few times in the next couple months to see your guys progress.

Other than that it's time for another extended break from LS. The stories on here just bring me down way too much.

• Like 1
casey.lives

why don't you try and win her back???

you just need to fix ONE variable and your relationship can be revived.

why have you thrown in the towel so easily??

I don't think most people break up because they realize their SO doesn't make them happy... they break up because their SO makes them unhappy.

Im happy just because... but becoming unhappy is a consequence.

• Author
It has definitely frustrated me and I'm -close- to feeling like I can move on but I wouldn't be able to do it unless the girl was really special. I'm starting to feel my standards slip and I'm not going to do that. So, since the only thing I had going on Tinder has faded, I'm leaving it alone.. only signing in to keep my profile afloat and maybe I'll get a message from someone but I won't rely on it.

I just won my championship so some positive things are coming and it made me feel good about myself. I accomplished something huge that was very difficult for me to get and the way that I did that was by putting in hard work, putting in the time and I was rewarded when it was time to be rewarded. I had two second round losses in the first two seasons in order to get to the finals this year and we made it count. It made me feel incredible when the guys were talking about how impressive it is that I'm this good without any real training or playing when I was younger and how much better I've become since the first season. I might not be the best looking guy (man, being sweaty and tired after a championship does not lead to great mug shots!) but I did manage to get one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen and met, I kept her for two years before GIGS beat me.. and she may still come back yet. If she doesn't, she's missing out on an incredible guy because how many people can say that they did what I did? Not many.

Congratulations on your championship win brother, a must needed victory for a great guy!!! :)

I wish you the very best on your journey through this recovery, and just know, that if she doesn't come back she's the one missing out not the other way around. You're a great guy man, I hope to hear good things when I return.

Take care man

• Like 1
  • Author
You both are right, now I realize why I tend to leave this site for months at a time. In all honesty, 99% of the stores on here are so damn depressing and it's just people asking "how to get an ex back" or "asking why they feel a certain way?" I feel it's the same story over and over again. And I always end up feeling exhausted reading those posts.

So many of the stories on here eat away your spirit, it's seriously hard to stomach reading about how people treat others.

The cheating/flirting/jealousy forum, the infidelity forum, and the other man/woman forum ruin my day, reading the posts in those forums seriously makes me feel nauseous. Knowing that there are so many people who consciously do such horrible things like that to other people breaks my heart, it's just hard for me to stomach . I can't empathize nor sympathize because whenever I'm in a relationship I could never think about cheating, but I guess everyone is different.

On top of those repeated stories and cheating forums that ruin your day, there is an absolute lack of positive stories. It kind of gives you a jaded outlook on relationships. And everyone on here uses an ethnocentric view of relationships and tries to apply it to every relationship that has ever existed. I don't think people on here realize that you have to take the advice on here with a grain of salt. A screwdriver fixes a lot of things, but it can't be used for every project.

I've been trying to keep up with you Jonp219 and you too Throldur and probably 1 or 2 others. I wish you all the best on this recovery, I know you'll all get there. But you two are right, it's time to take a break from the site for a while. I'll definitely try to pop in a few times in the next couple months to see your guys progress.

Other than that it's time for another extended break from LS. The stories on here just bring me down way too much.

It really does paint an ugly picture on relationships.

But lets be honest, there's a common trend on these forums, and that is people only come here when they have problems. Once there problems are solved, once they're happy, they rarely come back. I'm wounded right now so these things bother me more than ever, maybe a little time off from all this negativity would be good for me (us). And yeah, don't get me started on the infidelity side of this forum. I never go on there, I know i'm going to be a judgmental prick so I rather keep my mouth shut.

Anyway, I'll be back man, I hope I see you here when I get back, and I hope to hear some good news from both you and Throldur. Take care guys, I wish you both the best in life and health.

See you soon :)

• Like 1
It really does paint an ugly picture on relationships.

But lets be honest, there's a common trend on these forums, and that is people only come here when they have problems. Once there problems are solved, once they're happy, they rarely come back. I'm wounded right now so these things bother me more than ever, maybe a little time off from all this negativity would be good for me (us). And yeah, don't get me started on the infidelity side of this forum. I never go on there, I know i'm going to be a judgmental prick so I rather keep my mouth shut.

Anyway, I'll be back man, I hope I see you here when I get back, and I hope to hear some good news from both you and Throldur. Take care guys, I wish you both the best in life and health.

See you soon :)

Keep fighting that good fight brotha

Cheers and I'll catch you guys around!

I'm stopping in a little bit earlier than May 1st just because I've finally gotten to the point that I need to. I'll explain in my thread..

Hope you guys are doing well.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Lately I've been having a lot of weak moments. I guess it's because finals week in coming up and I feel the summer creeping up on me. The stress has been overwhelming, my mind has been playing mind tricks on me. I'm stuck between writing papers and daydreaming with my head on my palm thinking about what I had planned for us (me and ex) for this upcoming summer. I keep seeing threads written by cynical individuals expressing their frustrations of being rejected by the women their dating (or were dating). And i'm just sitting here like, "Damn, you got a date? I haven't had one since my break up, and it's been over 3 months haha."

I feel better, better as in content with my own reality. I don't know if i'm talking like this due to the stress, but I feel like love will never knock at my door again. I feel hopeless, submissive, and in a lot of pain. I'm not one to advocates for suicide due to the ambivalence I feel towards it, but death just seems like a better alternative. This feeling will most likely pass after I get my grades, but it's still eating me up inside and I just had to write this somewhere. I miss her so much, she was always here for me during finals week. All I can think about is how did I **** up so bad, how can I push someone so supportive away? I messed up so many times in my life and that was probably the straw that broke the camels back. While these guys cry about girls not wanting to be their girlfriends, I'll cry about not being able to secure ONE DATE.

• Like 1
  • Author

I seriously don't want to live in this world anymore. The future (MY future) just scares the **** out of me. I don't want a career, a house, or money if I have no one to share that **** with. She's going to be happy with someone else one day and i'm going to be here struggling to find love again. The thought of that fact alone makes me absolutely sick, in fact, I threw up earlier just thinking about it. It's not good to be alone, friends and family give you a different kind of love. Although I appreciate their love I don't want that **** all the time. That's not all I want, that's not all I need.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
I seriously don't want to live in this world anymore. The future (MY future) just scares the **** out of me. I don't want a career, a house, or money if I have no one to share that **** with. She's going to be happy with someone else one day and i'm going to be here struggling to find love again. The thought of that fact alone makes me absolutely sick, in fact, I threw up earlier just thinking about it. It's not good to be alone, friends and family give you a different kind of love. Although I appreciate their love I don't want that **** all the time. That's not all I want, that's not all I need.

You have to build from the ground up buddy.

I know it seems fruitless right now. I'm there, I've been there. However, this one girl isn't your life as much as you made her into it. You need to create your life, your reality and offer to share it with someone else.

Fact is, if you don't build a career, have your own place, and enough money to life comfortably.. its gonna be hard for you to find a girl to share it with. They need security, they need strength, they need a guy with his **** together.

Take your mind off her as best you can. Go to the gym, start working out. Take some time in a quiet room and think about yourself. What do you enjoy to do? What career could you have that would give you enough money to survive but also you would enjoy enough to be motivated and happy to go 3 out of 5 days in the work week?

Build your life. Forget about her and somebody new until all those other functions are satisfied. Someone might come by while your working on yourself or they might be there waiting when its all said it done.

Keep fighting man. Forget about the girls right now. Motivate yourself to be happy on your own.

• Like 2

I know it seems fruitless right now. I'm there, I've been there. However, this one girl isn't your life as much as you made her into it. You need to create your life, your reality and offer to share it with someone else.

Fact is, if you don't build a career, have your own place, and enough money to life comfortably.. its gonna be hard for you to find a girl to share it with. They need security, they need strength, they need a guy with his **** together.

Take your mind off her as best you can. Go to the gym, start working out. Take some time in a quiet room and think about yourself. What do you enjoy to do? What career could you have that would give you enough money to survive but also you would enjoy enough to be motivated and happy to go 3 out of 5 days in the work week?

Build your life. Forget about her and somebody new until all those other functions are satisfied. Someone might come by while your working on yourself or they might be there waiting when its all said it done.

Keep fighting man. Forget about the girls right now. Motivate yourself to be happy on your own.

Jonp219 Just explained my thoughts and feelings to the T, and Throldur Just told me what I needed to hear. You guys are great!

And Jonp, I agree with Throldur, he's right. We need to build our lives up from the ground. We can wallow in miserly and self-pity, but at the end of the day, its only logical that we'll only be able to invite another girl into our lives when we have our **** together. I also feel alot of hopeless feelings, but I know they're illogical thinking.

And I also agree that we need some time with ourselvs, truly with ourselves. Put yourself in a dark room and only with your thoughts, no mobile devices or music. Just thoughts and *listen* to yourself. We usually forget to listen to the voice in our heads, but I think that's ultimately the only voice that'll tell you to do what's truly good for you.

A lot of these negative thoughts aren't really about the girl, they're more about you. I kind of view all of these things as growing pains. We're all just maturing at our own pace, I don't think we can blame anyone else for how we feel - but also I don't think we can blame ourselves for how we feel. I really recommend keeping a journal to everyone. It's just so important to see the progression of your thoughts. It gives you the ability to look back and see all of the good that has come from grappling with these demons.

BTW lizrd, I sent you that PM, so hopefully you go it...the system says nothing was sent :eek:

• Like 1
A lot of these negative thoughts aren't really about the girl, they're more about you. I kind of view all of these things as growing pains. We're all just maturing at our own pace, I don't think we can blame anyone else for how we feel - but also I don't think we can blame ourselves for how we feel. I really recommend keeping a journal to everyone. It's just so important to see the progression of your thoughts. It gives you the ability to look back and see all of the good that has come from grappling with these demons.

BTW lizrd, I sent you that PM, so hopefully you go it...the system says nothing was sent :eek:

He's right!

It's the same as if you're working out.

You make that first picture before you start your regime, and a few months later, you compare your old body to the one you have now, and feel good about the progress you've made. I do the same in my own thread I started, and post when I've experienced something, or post how I'm feeling that day, and about any progress I've made.

I got your PM, also sent one back. Hope you got it!

• Like 2
I seriously don't want to live in this world anymore. The future (MY future) just scares the **** out of me. *I don't want a career, a house, or money if I have no one to share that **** with. She's going to be happy with someone else one day and i'm going to be here struggling to find love again. The thought of that fact alone makes me absolutely sick, in fact, I threw up earlier just thinking about it. It's not good to be alone, friends and family give you a different kind of love. Although I appreciate their love I don't want that **** all the time. That's not all I want, that's not all I need.

*There is a very old saying that goes like this:

1. "May you find a wife, and plant a vineyard."

or,

2. "May you plant a vineyard, and find a wife."

1 is considered to be a curse, and 2 a blessing.

It's easy to see why.

• Like 2
  • Author
*There is a very old saying that goes like this:

1. "May you find a wife, and plant a vineyard."

or,

2. "May you plant a vineyard, and find a wife."

1 is considered to be a curse, and 2 a blessing.

It's easy to see why.

Ah that makes a lot of sense.

The first 1 is what I did in my previous relationship.

• Like 1
  • Author
Jonp219 Just explained my thoughts and feelings to the T, and Throldur Just told me what I needed to hear. You guys are great!

And Jonp, I agree with Throldur, he's right. We need to build our lives up from the ground. We can wallow in miserly and self-pity, but at the end of the day, its only logical that we'll only be able to invite another girl into our lives when we have our **** together. I also feel alot of hopeless feelings, but I know they're illogical thinking.

And I also agree that we need some time with ourselvs, truly with ourselves. Put yourself in a dark room and only with your thoughts, no mobile devices or music. Just thoughts and *listen* to yourself. We usually forget to listen to the voice in our heads, but I think that's ultimately the only voice that'll tell you to do what's truly good for you.

Thank you for your responses guys!

And yes, we have to start from the ground up and picture ourselves without these women. Life is incredibly evil you just don't know where it's going to take you. Good thing right now is i'm graduating with my Bachelors degree in the summer, so i'm working on finishing that up. I could only wish that my feelings were in accordance with my mind so that I can just leave these memories behind me and just start anew. Easier said than done but it's like another poster said, these are all "growing pains". Kind of like when you go weeks without working out and your body becomes sore. If you continue to work at it your body won't become sore so easily, you later become accustomed to your new workout regime. It takes time, and although I believe time is against us, we have no choice but to go with the motions.

• Like 1
BronzeAgeJaeger217

Although I don't feel I'm in a good position to say this since I didn't get to experience this when I was younger, but I feel that its easier for guys to get a girlfriend when they are in their teens and very early 20's, and somewhat younger women are easier like in the 18-23 age range, because normally for most people, the older you get and more experiences you have, you start to develop a different screening system when choosing a potential boyfriend/girlfriend, start to have different standards, expectations.

When you are a guy in your late teens to early 20's, and the girl is in that age range too, guys are not judged, valued, placed as much emphasis on having their **** together, being well-establish, financially stable, having a career, your own place, etc. But from mid to late 20's and for the rest of your life, that's when guys are judged more on their career and finances.

The older women get, like it seems 25 and up, that's when women are in provider-seeking mode when screening potential boyfriends.

Ah that makes a lot of sense.

The first 1 is what I did in my previous relationship.

Now is a different time.

Not one second is ever repeated.

You have learned, and thought, and felt, therefore you have changed.

The past does not dictate the future.

Things change.

Always.

• Like 2
I don't want a career, a house, or money if I have no one to share that **** with

Another way to look at that is, if you don't have a career, place to live, or money, you won't find anyone who wants to be a part of your life. I know how you feel though.

• Like 1
BronzeAgeJaeger217
Another way to look at that is, if you don't have a career, place to live, or money, you won't find anyone who wants to be a part of your life. I know how you feel though.

that applies to men more than women

• Like 1
  • Author

Yeah, it was more of an impulse of me not really giving a damn about myself due to all that I've done to cause my break-up. But hey, I got to go back to square one now.

• Like 1
  • Author

*sigh* I'm really feeling it today. It's warm outside, I hate when it's warm. All the feelings start rushing back and you starting thinking of the memories.

• Like 2