Should i divorce or try to stay

Sticky Fingers
She finally confessed to her affair in 2003 just last week and it was no big revelation really as I knew fine at the time that she wasn't going to this guys house 2 or 3 times a week to "play checkers " as one of my friends so eloquently put it.

Then why the crap didn't you divorce her at that time? Why wait many years hence? If you had done so, you could be living a much better life with a woman who truly valued you as a person and as a husband.

You twice state your fear of being alone at 50, and something tells me you've had this fear for a long time. Maybe you have a co-dependency issues that have made you settle for the wrong women. You may want to consider professional counseling to help you address and resolve these issues.

You are showing the same emotions as most of us here been experienced. Until you realize only you can make the right decision for you, it will get worse. Your first priority is you, take care of yourself. Get some exercise, eat right, get enough sleep. Be careful with the alcohol. Do not jump into another relationship. Come here and whine, whimper and bitch. We will get upset with you, but even with the help we give you, you are the person in charge. It does get better. One day, you will get up and find out you are done with the lying cheater, and you feel good! Then you will find there are good women out there and some will even be interested in you.

• Like 1