The "damsel in distress": Do men like assisting women?

• Author
I'm going to say something blunt - only because I get what you mean - I used to have the t-shirt.

I know exactly what you mean...because I used to think the same about my pics too - so so hated them.

You, like me have a heart shaped face, nice cheekbones, nice little sweet chin but we have big foreheads and we ignore them and focus on the chin.

Waaay back when I was in my 20's I played around and thought about having a fringe (bangs) cut. I have curly hair so I had no clue how this would go - plus for the first time in my life I had long hair past my shoulders as my Mum (RIP) had never let me have long hair.

I pinned some hair from my crown into a fringe and messed about with it, length and amount of hair etc.

I went to a good hairdresser and went for having a fringe cut.

I walked into work the next day and got 3 'Wow!'s' from colleagues.

All three were from men..and no I didn't do it to attract men but heck I was only 21 and had no man at the time so it was flattering that they reacted like that. :laugh:

I still have that fringe (26 years later) and it skirts my eyes, no one but me cuts it as I learned to do it myself (I would be happy to advise you on what I do) and if my hairdresser cuts it now then she makes a mess of it.

It balances out my heart shaped face, my ickle chin and highlights my cheek bones - have a play with some hair pins in front of your mirror. :)

ETA: I only 'liked' your alien post so that you might come back and see mine.

Yes! The "heart shape" drives me mad. Sharp chin, wide forehead, sharp cheekbones. Add in deep-set eyes and a sharp nose and I am ALL bone structure.

I would personally prefer a softer look.

I have been toying with the idea of a good fringe for a few months now. I had bangs as a little girl, and for about a month a few years back.

The only thing stopping me is that I have fine hair and slightly oily scalp. Keeping my bangs from turning into a pathetic limp scraggle laying on my forehead takes a lot of work. Especially in the summer!

I imagine if the fringe is thick enough, it will retain more shape, and I also imagine with enough practice and effort I could get it right. Besides, if I hate it, within a month or two the bangs would be long enough to sweep them to the side, so it would all be okay.

I'm thinking I may get that fringe cut in next month. We shall see!

• Like 1
Yes! The "heart shape" drives me mad. Sharp chin, wide forehead, sharp cheekbones. Add in deep-set eyes and a sharp nose and I am ALL bone structure.

I would personally prefer a softer look.

I have been toying with the idea of a good fringe for a few months now. I had bangs as a little girl, and for about a month a few years back.

The only thing stopping me is that I have fine hair and slightly oily scalp. Keeping my bangs from turning into a pathetic limp scraggle laying on my forehead takes a lot of work. Especially in the summer!

I imagine if the fringe is thick enough, it will retain more shape, and I also imagine with enough practice and effort I could get it right. Besides, if I hate it, within a month or two the bangs would be long enough to sweep them to the side, so it would all be okay.

I'm thinking I may get that fringe cut in next month. We shall see!

I have oily hair in the scalp too. You learn to wash your fringe more often and it's no biggie at all.

Do not go thick fringed!!!! Not at your first try anyway and not only that a thick fringe is a strong look - you'd equally dislike it.

I have only ever had enough to be two thin layers (I cut the underneath layer shorter by about a centimetre so it sits better and softer).

Go to a HD and ask for wispy to frame your eyes and not short. Pulled down hard you want it mid to low nose point.

I also cannot do angles into my hairline - you might be more able to as your hair is straight. As in a V-shape above my forehead. I can never find it again which is one of the reasons I do it myself.

ETA: wispy bangs will soften your look. I know they will..they did mine! :)

SincereOnlineGuy
How about a bowl of pho? Just to be punny :laugh:

That would be funny, and punny, except that

Phở

and

Pho ('foe')

and

Phoe

are likely three entirely different sounds, perhaps only used together when one smells the blood of an Englishman.

That would be funny, and punny, except that

Phở

and

Pho ('foe')

and

Phoe

are likely three entirely different sounds, perhaps only used together when one smells the blood of an Englishman.

LOL! Must be an Asian giant.

Phoe is pronounced, as foe, because that's what she told me ;)

The Asian noodle dish is pronounced like fuh, at least that's how I heard it.

Still when ever I hear of the dish pho I think of Phoe since in my mind the two are pronounced the same way, and I know she likes pho.

SincereOnlineGuy
LOL! Must be an Asian giant.

The Asian noodle dish is pronounced like fuh, at least that's how I heard it.

Still when ever I hear of the dish pho I think of Phoe since in my mind the two are pronounced the same way, and I know she likes pho.

So, the "punny" part was only in your mind, then?

I was guessing at Phoebe or something akin to Phoenix.

CrystalCastles

Lol! I always read that as "foe-ee"

haribogumsnickers

Im naturally helpful to everyone but being chivalrous to women is more rewarding bc they're prettier and don't stink.