I was topless on a beach and husband thinks it was disrespectful to him

Culture or no culture, your husband is right to feel that way because he understands how males work. Boobs are a huge turn on for the majority of men and for him to think of you being bare around two males is incredibly insulting considering that those men were fantasizing about you and your breasts. Imagine him being nude around two women who were then fantasizing him, wouldn't that piss you off?

Oh and, were the other two men nude as well? If they were, he has an even more right to be angry. All in all, culture doesn't matter. It's simply male biology. To your husband you basically "shared" your body with two other men; I know this because I completely understand where he's coming from. Ask him if he felt like you were "sharing" your body with other men and I guarantee you he will say yes. Let us know.

Might help understand where your husband is coming from. You take a work trip, and your hanging out with a few guys half nude then your friend is uploading nude pictures of you. I'm sure telling him it was just casual fun like you have done with him made him feel great. So public nudity in a party environment with strange men is no big deal? You hurt his feelings and he probably feels extremely diminished with maybe even some trust anxiety.

MrWindupBird

Growing up in this oftentimes restrictive society, I can understand why he would be offended. Our culture simultaneously encourages sexual activity while shaming us for doing it. The body is beautiful yet something that must be covered up. We have been programmed into being ashamed of our own bodily flesh. I understand why he's sensitive. It's years and years of conditioning and possessiveness.

But I find myself trying desperately to wring fun and openness and spontaneity out of my wife just to see if it's still there, so I can't help but be on your side here.

It's your body. We all have the same basic design, so who are we hiding it from really? It seems like a waste of time to obsess over always covering it up when it feels good to just be free sometimes. I mean it is the beach after all.