Should I "lie" about my age on dating sites

too2

Well, it seems like all people care about is there appearance..

I don't think it is the notion we can call 'lie'... And it won't bring 'red flags'... It is not the same if u were 70, and u write 'I'm 25. young and strong'... it is just ur manner of telling 'look, woman, frankly speaking, I'm 41, but I'm much better than that ideal one ur looking for'. For true relationships with deep sense and that feeling of believe to ur partner is a long way of hesitations and consciousness of guilt. And let this little lie be the only one)

In one of this forum's discussions one guy mentioned about that topic of good tips for creating good online-profile, its do’s and donts’.. and I’ve found this https://kovla.com/blog/top-10-online-dating-tips/ for him.. check it out, maybe it will be helpful)

I never understand people that lie in their online profiles.

Like what's your end game?

Just getting a date, and that's all?

Because your goal can't be getting into a serious relationship if you're starting out with a lie.

Say you meet a nice woman and you hit if off and all that. You don't think that eventually the cat's gonna be out of the bag?

Would you expect your partner to be stupid enough to let it go, even though the relationship is based on a lie?

The truth is everybody lies, just to varying degrees. So no I wouldn't feel guilty lying about something as inconsequential as age, and YES age is inconsequential unless it's an underage girl claiming she's older.

When I was using online dating, I lied about my height. Nothing drastic to where I'd be called out, just added 1".

The truth is you are always better off lying in your favor in the early dating stages, because from a probability standpoint the odds are already against a LTR forming anyway.

It's also important to realize that many so-called "deal breakers" are only deal breakers BEFORE they have developed feelings. Once they have fallen for you, you can get away with a whole lot more than if you just met online and were playing into a "screening" process by the woman.

Edited by NGC1300

Do not lie!

Many years ago I used a newspaper dating ad (that was the thing back then,lol). Anyway, in my ad I stated a specific age range which was 3 years younger or older than me. One of the guys (a plastic surgeon) I met he asked me how old I thought he was but I didn't want to say. He then told me his age (13 years older than me) and said that people tell him he looks much younger and he didn't want to be judged by his age. Well, he LOOKED his actual age and not any younger. But worst, I dislike dishonesty! Needless to say I never saw him again.

Just list your true age. You can always state that people always think you are (xx) years old. You can also state you are in great shape, youthful, etc. Plus you can put a bunch a photo's with your profile. Good luck!

One of the guys (a plastic surgeon) I met he asked me how old I thought he was but I didn't want to say. He then told me his age (13 years older than me) and said that people tell him he looks much younger and he didn't want to be judged by his age. Well, he LOOKED his actual age and not any younger. But worst, I dislike dishonesty! Needless to say I never saw him again.

Yes this. People are not idiots. It's more than just facial wrinkles that shows someone's age. Over 30 you lose facial fat, everyone does, men and women.

The skin texture changes as well. It's a dead giveaway every time. There is just a perceptible hardness to the features that is very noticable. It's not the same thing as chiseled features on a younger person.

That's why an injected, botoxed and surgeried woman does not look 25 even if she has not a wrinkle on her face. She still looks like an older woman, only weird.

A 25yr old who has no interest whatsoever in a 40yr old; and there are good reasons why she wouldn't that have nothing to do with how you look and everything to do with your relative life stages. Is not about to date you because you look good for 40. If younger is what you are after then try a dating site that caters to that, at least then you are at no disadvantage from the start.

I respect the fact that - not only are you honest about your age - but that you OWN it and are CONFIDENT about it! Straight up, I'm not sure why you're still single! How is it that a woman within our age range and in your area hasn't snapped you up yet?!:cool: They must be BLIND lol

The biggest compliment that I've had in a long time. Thank you so much!

The only thing I'd say to lie on is your body type, but only a little bit.

I'm more slender/average-ish but I put Athletic down for mine (I do run/workout 3-5 times aweek though - just not jacked like a lot of guys lol).

Lying on age is a bad idea

Sometimes I swear some women "enhance" their photos if you catch my drift.

So what if a guy can Lie about their body type why is it wrong for women to do the same thing? :rolleyes:

I'm looking to upload my profiles on a couple of dating websites. But before I do that, would (or should) I "lie" my age by a few years (younger that is).

The thing is I look between 25 to 29 years old (that's what everybody told me; 10 out of 10 people that is). I don't look 35 or even 40 yet. I'm actually a 41-year old man and 5' 10" tall.

I'm thinking about listing that I'm 5-years younger (about 35-ish) than my real age to attract more females.

Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Many other older men are lying on there about their age (I know cause I often spot them) so sure why not?

The truth is everybody lies, just to varying degrees. So no I wouldn't feel guilty lying about something as inconsequential as age, and YES age is inconsequential unless it's an underage girl claiming she's older.

When I was using online dating, I lied about my height. Nothing drastic to where I'd be called out, just added 1".

The truth is you are always better off lying in your favor in the early dating stages, because from a probability standpoint the odds are already against a LTR forming anyway.

It's also important to realize that many so-called "deal breakers" are only deal breakers BEFORE they have developed feelings. Once they have fallen for you, you can get away with a whole lot more than if you just met online and were playing into a "screening" process by the woman.

OMG....age is not inconsequential...and lying about it IS very very wrong, no if's, and's or but's about it.

I mean, let's say a woman is 45 and she puts on her profile that she is 35....because, ahem, she looks 35 so why not? Or if she first meets him in real life, tells him she is 35.

So now she is getting responses from men whose goal is to have children , and as such, have a particular preference for a woman in her mid-30's.

So he meets this woman, believing she is of child-bearing age, they embark on a relationship, fall in love, and are talking marriage... and children.

Now what??? If I were a guy, it wouldn't matter what "feelings" I had developed for her, the fact of the matter is she lied, she deceived me...and I would feel totally duped!

Now you might br thinking, what about adoption? Which of course is a viable option but that's not even the point. And had she been up front about her age from the getgo, and the guy was attracted enough, he might consider that and choose to have dated her regardless of how old she was.

But the mere fact she lied and deceived him by leading him to believe she was of childbearing age, is NOT something to be taken lightly.

It goes to her character, her integrity, her ability to be honest and forthcoming, even when there is a chance disclosing that info may work against her.

Don't ever lie....it will ALWAYS come back and bite you in the rear end eventually. Guaranteed!