Anyone a psychic?

f a stalemate or a victory can be guaranteed in 15 moves or less, then you only need to know the templates making up to the 15 moves, and you will never lose. It is that simple.

If there would be a forced win in 15 moves after for instance:

1. e4- h6

2. d4- g5

3. f4- xf4

you would only have proven that 3 ... xf4 is a losing move. You would not even have proven that 3. f4 is the best move.

And what if I am playing with the White pieces and my opponent plays instead of 1. ... h6 Nf6? I would have to know how to beat that particular variation too (Alekhine's Defense).

If you prefer the brute force method from the start position, and the average number of legal moves in any position by each player would be 32 (a reasonable estimate), that leaves you with 1024 per position. If the quickest win would be attainable at move 35, the number of positions that would have to be considered is 2^350 (2 to the 350th power). In raw numbers that is 2.29 x 10^105. Maybe 99.99 percent of all the moves in the tree don't make sense, but that still leaves you with roughly 10^100 positions. Even a computer that could analyze 10^20 moves per second (combined computer power we have now would not suffice for that), would still need roughly 10^70 years to find it, absolutely certainly.

To return back to the game we left after 3 moves. If on average there are 32 moves my opponent could make per move, that would still require me to know 32^12 variations (solely based upon the moves an opponent can make). In numbers: 1,152,921,504,606,846,976 variations.

Do you have feedback?

I have.

Input: How much information does the person provide you both verbal and nonverbal?

Well for the people I've read for online I knew very little about them. Had never met them before so I wasn't familiar with their mannerisms or what type of person they were in real life.

Feedback: How many questions do you ask and how many answers do you get?

I ask very few questions. I advised them to focus on what they were searching for, but I advised them never to tell me what they were focusing on. I never did a pinpoint reading: For example John asks about his new girlfriend - will it last? I never did anything like that. It was basically whatever came up in the cards came up in the cards and I would tell them what I saw.

Model: Is your assessment based on the gender, age, physical appearance, tone of voice, temperament, etc.? He appears to be a thinking introvert so he must have a male thinking introvert archetype.

No because the information I would tell them was not dependent on the type of person they were or their mannerisms. Plus, with some of them I didn't even meet them in real life.

Are you able to make predictions or assessments without Input from the person, without feedback, and without a model to work with?

I'll give you an few examples of the type of information I provided:

-------------------------------

Reading A:

My knowledge: Woman is having an affair. The man she's having an affair with has a girlfriend. He's told her it's not serious with the girl.

My reading: The relationship with the woman is serious. They want to buy a house. They intend to sign together and live together. Marriage is in the plan however they have already begun the process for a house.

Conclusion: I knew nothing about the relationship between the man and girl. I knew nothing about their personal business. The woman having the affair with the man confronted him and he admitted that they were closing on a house.

Reading B:

My knowledge: Single man in thirties living alone. Wants to be in relationship. Met him online - never met in person.

My reading: You will meet a woman within the next six months. You both move in the same circles. You know the same people and she will be introduced through a shared relationship. She is near water. She enjoys reading. She is younger than you. You will know her when you meet her.

Conclusion: About four months later he emailed me telling me he met a woman. It was the daughter of his boss. She had been living at the beach so he hadn't met her before. The hit it off immediately and were dating.

-------------------------------

Maybe I was just lucky. Maybe it was a good guess on my part. I really don't know. I don't have the answers, I just say what I see when I read the cards. I don't like to ask a lot of questions because it makes me worry that I'll make assumptions. That it'd be natural for me to put two and two together so the less I know the better.

However, my few experiences certainly are really insignificant. Since it's not something that's easily tested and proven it's hard to say whether or not the ability really exists.

Originally posted by IhavenoFREAKINclue

How come psychics don't know lottery numbers? If they can predict the future, play the lotto and get rich. I don't believe in any of that crap

The reasoning is this (from the mouths of psychics)... God or whoever is in charge, did not give them this gift to use to win the lottery or for personal gain. It is a gift of seeing things others can't, and helping those of us that don't have the gift of sight. Most psychics don't just bust out numbers anyway. They see through their spirit guides getting info from other guides, mostly info that deals with matters of life and the heart.

Even tarot card reading does not make a psychic. It's the cards that are charged by a higher power which speak to the seeker. The reader is only a reader.

That my ghetto version of the story, if anyone knows the real story please share it lol....Point is had the queen not went to the 'advisor' she would not have sent her baby away and things would have ended different

I'm long away from mythology, but if it isn't Oedipus, it's based on it.

I've never wanted to get a reading in case I believed it (for good or ill) and influenced my own outcome. But you're welcome to pm me and say you see a bright future for me :D

HokeyReligions

I've always been able to sense things ahead of time, but I don't believe in "psychics" like those seen on TV or in 'parlors' who can gaze into a crystal ball or read a palm, etc.

I read something a long time ago that was really interesting. It talked about how people used to be more psychic than they are now and that psychic ability comes in waves, like fashion.

The article went on about how people used to be able to sense when something happened to a loved one far away and they attributed those feelings to things that occurred at the time -- like a bird getting in the house meant death because they 'felt' something and were not being careful about opening doors because they were preoccupied and zoom - a bird flies in. It went on to say that humans have lost a lot of abilities due to progress. We don't worry so much about someone far away because we know that if something happens we'll get a phone call. Over the generations we have lost that 'power' and replaced it with technology---just as many think that humans lost their prehensile tail---it wasn't needed anymore because we have evolved.

There was a bit about a survey they did -- how many full planes crash vs. partially empty planes. The result was that rarely do full planes crash (I don't remember what the percentages were at the time) and they went on to find out the percentages of last minute cancellations on planes that crashed and they were higher than those in planes that did not crash. It wasn't attributed to a realized psychic ability, but a more subtle one--Aunt Jo had a stomach ache so she didn't fly, that kind of thing, and it was thought to be just luck, but maybe it was really our old psychic abilities that told our bodies to send us a signal we would listen to.

I wish I could find the article. I know that an author used the study in a fiction book he wrote and he added a lot to it, but it was based on a survey done by a college.

d’Arthez

When you get caught up in the details, it is easy to miss the big picture.

d’Arthez

To return back to the game we left after 3 moves. If on average there are 32 moves my opponent could make per move, that would still require me to know 32^12 variations (solely based upon the moves an opponent can make). In numbers: 1,152,921,504,606,846,976 variations.

What part of only needing to know the winning moves don’t you understand?

The information could probably be compressed.

Pocky

I don’t know much about Tarot cards, but I do think there is a model. I’ll look into it another time.

Originally posted by BlockHead

d?Arthez

What part of only needing to know the winning moves don?t you understand?

The information could probably be compressed.

And what part of chess don't you understand? Except for the fact that it is played by two players? There simply is no certainty about what the best move is, unless ALL variations have been calculated. For that, chess has to be solved, as Black can choose to play other moves, without the game transposing into the "ideal game." We would not even be able to know what the "ideal game" would be before then.

Hokey that is so fascinating!!

I do believe that psychic ability can be very real, but I would prefer to call it intuition ;)

I think sometimes you have it, and sometimes you don't. I have heard over and over again that mothers seem to have a "sixth sense" when it comes to their children.

I went and saw a "psychic" when I was 17 and was told that I would be married at 23 and have my first child at this age, my second at 25, and my third child at 30. 2 girls 1 boy. Hmm..well I am 22 right now and I don't even see a prospect so I'm not so sure if she knew what she was talking about or not. I guess we'll see....

• Author

Well, I must say, I never predicted that my simple question would end up with so such great answers.

Thanks, everyone :)

Now, if I can just guees those winning lottery numbers ...

• 3 weeks later...
Silver Tree

--- read something interesting in a book called Superlearning related to your

question.

when running a test on psychic abilities - I think it was those flash cards with some

simple symbols---

the group of people who believed in psychic abilities scored above average

in guessing the right card, and the group people who disbelieved

scored bellow average------ intriguing!

you might be interested in a book called Spiritual Cleansing by Draja Mickaharic

i believe it can be true. i'm pretty good at predicting. for example, i meet a man i really like i can predict that I will sooner or later be referred to as a fwb instead of a girlfriend. :(

to be serious i do think it can be real there are lots of phonys but there are also some legitimate ones too i think.

• 2 weeks later...
StillHurtin

I wasn't going to reply to this thread but decided to anyhow. This is what God said about fortune tellers in Leviticus 19:31

"Do not go to mediums or consult fortune-tellers, for you will be defiled by them. I, the LORD, am your God. "

StillHurtin

I take whatever the Bible says serious, it's God's words. I grew up w/ a family who went to church every Sunday and had Bible study once a week (at home) after we had our supper. It's part of my childhood that I don't follow today, but should. I just remembered this when I read the thread. My mom bought me a Precious Moments, New King James Version as a Bridal Shower gift several years ago. In the back of the Bible it has questions and where to look in the Bible for the answer. One of the ? ask what God thinks of fortune-tellers so I looked it up and thought I would post it here. I guess you can say I don't take it very seriously b/c I don't read the Bible as much as I should. My goal is to start reading it every day, I just haven't taken the time to do it.

jennifer207

I do not believe that most physics are credible, but I do believe that it is possible for someone to have a spirtual connection. In the Bible, the prophets spoke to God and He spoke through them. It is kind of the same thing.

• 1 month later...

i have dozens of instances where i dreamed the future. one time, i even woke up at 9 am and thought "crap i missed school" and dozed off for some more ZZZ's. then i wake up, it turns out to be 7 am....

im serious though. i have dreamed the future alot. like, 2 years before my martial arts school moved out, i dreamd about being in the new dojo, and when it happend, i rememberd dreaming the dojo, and in the dream i saw everything as it is in perfect detail.

another time, i dremt the last day of high school during my sophmore year. turns out my dream was totally correct, i was in the same class, with even the SAME THOGUHTS AND IDEAS going in my head.. i remember writing something on my folder in class in my dream, wich is what i was doing! i even remember dreaming about exactly what i was writing too!

im absolutly serious about all this. no, im not a doped up hippy or some slum who wants more crack, im a normal guy whos too sissy to even drink a drop of alchohol.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been told I am a bit clarevoyant and psychic....by psychics.

I've had a few strange things happen to me psychic-wise. Some years ago I used to date a guy. He's married now, but he got married to somebody he only knew for a few months and married her because she was pregnant.....but they are still together now, so I am sure they're happy and I am way over the guy. Anyway, right around the time the girl would have gotten pregnant (I didn't even know he was dating anyone) I had a dream of a brown skinned, pregnant women standing by a tree. It was the most vivid dream. I think my ex was in it too. Anyway, six months later I found out he'd gotten married........but I still didn't know he'd had a child with the women. Some time later for some reason I started thinking my ex had a kid. I did a search on the internet for him and found something about him discussing his new son. Before I found out about the son the name Peter kept coming into my head. I realized that that was probably the kid's name. It was!! I just imagined it in my head and it was true.

I am mildly psychic........I don't like it sometimes. Because a lot of the time's I am right about what I am thinking.

Another thing that happened to me psychic-wise is that when I was about 22 I planned the next ten years of my life one evening sitting on a roof top in New York City. It was the strangest night. I was just sitting there and all these revelations hit me.....coming to me more as dreams that I wanted to accomplish. Most of it all came true. But the strange part was that I couldn't figure out exactly what would happen after those ten years. I am at that point now and realize that the reason I had trouble figuring it out was because damn it I still don't know. I am about to go back to school and wouldn't in a million years thought that I'd have gone back to school to study what I will soon do. But it took all the experiences I had in the past ten years to realize that this is in fact my path.

I have been told I am a bit clarevoyant and psychic....by psychics.

I've had a few strange things happen to me psychic-wise. Some years ago I used to date a guy. He's married now, but he got married to somebody he only knew for a few months and married her because she was pregnant.....but they are still together now, so I am sure they're happy and I am way over the guy. Anyway, right around the time the girl would have gotten pregnant (I didn't even know he was dating anyone) I had a dream of a brown skinned, pregnant women standing by a tree. It was the most vivid dream. I think my ex was in it too. Anyway, six months later I found out he'd gotten married........but I still didn't know he'd had a child with the women. Some time later for some reason I started thinking my ex had a kid. I did a search on the internet for him and found something about him discussing his new son. Before I found out about the son the name Peter kept coming into my head. I realized that that was probably the kid's name. It was!! I just imagined it in my head and it was true.

I am mildly psychic........I don't like it sometimes. Because a lot of the time's I am right about what I am thinking.

Another thing that happened to me psychic-wise is that when I was about 22 I planned the next ten years of my life one evening sitting on a roof top in New York City. It was the strangest night. I was just sitting there and all these revelations hit me.....coming to me more as dreams that I wanted to accomplish. Most of it all came true. But the strange part was that I couldn't figure out exactly what would happen after those ten years. I am at that point now and realize that the reason I had trouble figuring it out was because damn it I still don't know. I am about to go back to school and wouldn't in a million years thought that I'd have gone back to school to study what I will soon do. But it took all the experiences I had in the past ten years to realize that this is in fact my path.

RecordProducer
Originally posted by AngelEyz

i believe it can be true. i'm pretty good at predicting. for example, i meet a man i really like i can predict that I will sooner or later be referred to as a fwb instead of a girlfriend. :(

:lmao:

Tha's cuz you're sooooo hot and blond! ;)

I also know already in advance that every guy I meet for work will hit on me. Sux big time! :sick: