Question to girls, Height vs being good looking

you_can_not_see_me

So yeah this question is primarily aimed at women. I m hoping for honest opinions, no judgement!

So girls would you say a tall guy with average looking face is more attractive to you, or a guy of medium height but good looking face?

I know Ideal would be good looking face and tall, but that's not the question;)

I thought I used to care about height, but honestly, I really don't. I'm 5'3'' and dating someone only 2 inches taller than me. When we're together, I don't even notice that he's short.

I would take a short man with a good looking face any day.

I'm just 5'11", lots of women are usually attracted to me. I've never felt taller dudes had much over on me just because they're taller considering most women out there are shorter than me anyway.

I recently dated three girls that I first saw on match.com, although I actually approached them in person. All three of them listed you must be 6'+ on match as well as other qualifiers that I did not meet. In person, those qualifiers didn't matter.

My body is very well proportioned. There are tall guys like that too, but most of them are not. Lots of them are really lanky looking. Honestly, I think my height and build is pretty damn perfect :laugh:

If I could be the same proportion and build, but 6'4" (no taller!) I would, but I would not want to be a lanky 6'4". Being tall is not everything. Plenty of tall guys out there with zero success with women.

I'm a girl and I'm sure my answer isn't within your parameters but here it is - I might like a tall guy with a not handsome face and I might like a shorter guy with a handsome face or I might like a tall guy with a handsome face OR a short guy with a not handsome face. I guess it's down' to CHEMISTRY!! Haha I know some of you guys hate that but it's the way it is for me, sometimes it's unexplainable what makes a person say YEAH!!! :bunny::bunny:

It would be great if there were more women who thought the way you did.

Not caring if the guy wasn't tall or good looking.

• Like 1
  • Author
you_can_not_see_me
I thought I used to care about height, but honestly, I really don't. I'm 5'3'' and dating someone only 2 inches taller than me. When we're together, I don't even notice that he's short.

I would take a short man with a good looking face any day.

who said anything about a short man, the OP is about a medium height man!

who said anything about a short man, the OP is about a medium height man!

Who should be thankful he's not a short man.

You're whining about nothing.

Try being my height, then you'll have something to worry about.

I also don't know about the logic that tall girls wanting a taller guy at the cost of more mediocre looks, since the girl's tallness is already ensuring tall offsprings in an evolutionary sense and Having a really tall male partner would only further exaggerate the offspring's height. But of course this is all speculation.

What is interesting to me, is that a lot of women say they like taller guys, and that the reason they like this is because of better genetics etc.

But here is the thing - I dont think it has anything to do with DNA or genetics, as I come from a very large family, and half of my male relatives are around 6 feet tall. I am about 5'8" or 5'9", but my younger brother is 6 feet tall! Scientists say it has more to do with nutrient absorption during childhood, as opposed to DNA. If it was DNA, then there would already be a race of humans who were all 6 ft or taller, and another race that was under 5' 5". But we dont have that. If it is based on DNA, then I do carry the "tall gene" in me, although it doesnt display as such for me in my height.

Edited by 6Pack
of course its an exaggeration, but the point is that when people say looks (Whether height or face) don't matter, its obviously disingenuous. Everyone has a looks standard.

But your making blanket statements about what every women's standards are "every women hates short men" and thats just not true..

A 5'9 guy at 180lbs is overweight (though not greatly so).

150 lbs for a girl who is 5'7, is also edging towards being overweight unless you have a large frame. So you prefer you and your partner to be on the heavier side?

The part about having a known lover beside your BF is just wow to me, though I am no one to judge.

Actually a women who is 5ft7 and 150 is with in the normal weight range..nothing heavier about them..the guys in this case are indeed over weight if we go by the standard BMI index..just saying...

• Author
you_can_not_see_me
But your making blanket statements about what every women's standards are "every women hates short men" and thats just not true..

I never said that! you are just making assumptions.

What I did say was that saying looks in general don't matter is dishonest, and that everyone wants to be at least somewhat attracted to their partner. That does not equal every woman hating short men. I never claimed that.

• Author
you_can_not_see_me
Actually a women who is 5ft7 and 150 is with in the normal weight range..nothing heavier about them..the guys in this case are indeed over weight if we go by the standard BMI index..just saying...

you may be right on this one.

I never said that! you are just making assumptions.

What I did say was that saying looks in general don't matter is dishonest, and that everyone wants to be at least somewhat attracted to their partner. That does not equal every woman hating short men. I never claimed that.

Ok maybe not hating them apologies for that I think the trend on here of guys blaming height for all their dating woes kinda of tilted that one a tiny bit. But that word aside you clearly question women when it comes to height as a preference.

And when you questioned phoes post it did kind of come off as a bitter moment towards women so to speak again sorry if I misread that ..personally my bf is 5ft8 im 5ft3 height is not an issue for me im surprised that it would be for many women but then again to be fair women's weight is a issue for a lot of men so I guess it evens itself out..?

I'm 6'4 and I haven't received any complaints. My buddy is 6'6 and most women actually think he is too tall. I would say 6'0 to 6'3 would be the ideal range for a man, tall but not too tall....

• Like 1
  • Author
you_can_not_see_me
Ok maybe not hating them apologies for that I think the trend on here of guys blaming height for all their dating woes kinda of tilted that one a tiny bit. But that word aside you clearly question women when it comes to height as a preference.

And when you questioned phoes post it did kind of come off as a bitter moment towards women so to speak again sorry if I misread that ..personally my bf is 5ft8 im 5ft3 height is not an issue for me im surprised that it would be for many women but then again to be fair women's weight is a issue for a lot of men so I guess it evens itself out..?

lol, not really women also would prefer a guy wasn't overweight which is totally understandable, though admittedly I think overweight men might have it slightly easier.

I replied to Phoe in that way, not because of height or some resentment towards women, I did it just cause I think statements like that are essentially BS and dishonest. I can totally accept that not all women are hung up on height, in fact its what I have witnessed in real life. But to say that looks in general don't matter is untrue. If that statement were true, there would be no straight, lesbian, or bisexual women, all women would simply be pan sexual and be fine with having sex with any human. but the simple fact that people have preferences means that looks do matter when it comes to who you are attracted to and who you want to date.

perhaps what Phoe meant was that looks aren't the most important thing in choosing a partner and that other factors like personality and chemistry would also be a factor, But that isn't what she said, if that was her intention she failed to convey it properly.

• Like 1
:rolleyes: yeah cause being a good person is such a well defined thing and you absolutely would go for a deformed but clean man.:lmao:

A bit of an extreme reaction, yeah?

We clearly weren't talking about deformities, and I didn't feel the need to elaborate to include deformities. But I will amend my statement.

Indeed, I would prefer not deformed. And as far as height is concerned, I also would not prefer dwarfism.

The general gist is that I would prefer a man who has all the right parts in the right places and without genetic disorders.

I don't have preferences for height, hair color, body type (barring excessive obesity), eye color, skin tone, style, etc...

I find the vast majority of men who are clean and free of deformities, attractive. Most men I see day to day I perfectly fine in the attractiveness department, to me at least.

Was I clear enough this time?

• Author
you_can_not_see_me
A bit of an extreme reaction, yeah?

We clearly weren't talking about deformities, and I didn't feel the need to elaborate to include deformities. But I will amend my statement.

Indeed, I would prefer not deformed. And as far as height is concerned, I also would not prefer dwarfism.

The general gist is that I would prefer a man who has all the right parts in the right places and without genetic disorders.

I don't have preferences for height, hair color, body type (barring excessive obesity), eye color, skin tone, style, etc...

I find the vast majority of men who are clean and free of deformities, attractive. Most men I see day to day I perfectly fine in the attractiveness department, to me at least.

Was I clear enough this time?

I get what you are saying, but writing one thing and meaning something else is to some degree dishonest, or at the very least lazy.

I get what you are saying, but writing one thing and meaning something else is to some degree dishonest, or at the very least lazy.

I think you're just trying really hard to make something out of nothing.

This really is nothing, lol.

• Author
you_can_not_see_me
I think you're just trying really hard to make something out of nothing.

This really is nothing, lol.

In the context of the thread its pretty relevant. In the context of life in general sure its nothing.

Medium height, good looking face.

Definitely. Even better if good personality too! I'm a tall girl, and I used to be bothered by the thought of dating men who weren't as tall as me/as tall as me. I've since gotten over that. I've met too many great guys that fall into that category that I'd have overlooked otherwise.