Online dating: Being a 5ft 8 man is repulsive to women.

Having big arms has gotten me many positive comments from women. My girlfriend compliments me on my thick legs all the time too.

Squats are your friend.

Seems to me Moy's arms are big enough already.

Cannot comment on his legs...

I have to say all this talking about ripped bodies is a bit off putting to me.

I've never been into muscular type men, I prefer lean (not skinny, just lean)with natural muscles or a little overweight even.

Thinking about it, friends of similar kind of size to me of ages 21 up to their 50's also tend to go for lean of a little overweight.

I'm 45 , 5ft nothing and UK size 8-10.

I can't recall your exact age OP (38? 40?) but now would probably be a good time to start leaning down a bit.

Personally I find it can look quite strange when a body is all big muscles and as people grow older their face tends to slim down so the face and bod don't quite seem to match.

Also, slowing things down with the exercise a bit would add a little fat which would plump out your facial features a little.

Plus it's been proven that women prefer a softer looking face except for when they are ovulating or menstruating (I can't remember which). So a softer face with a few more curves could be help.

I like a guy with some curves too. GemmaUK is not alone there.

"Psychologists from Durham and St Andrews Universities found that men with feminine facial features are seen as more committed and less likely to cheat on their partners.

Men with masculine faces, with features such as a square jaw, larger nose and smaller eyes, were classed as significantly more dominant, less faithful, worse parents and as having personalities that were less warm, compared to their 'feminine' counterparts, who had finer facial features with fuller lips, wide eyes and thinner, more curved eyebrows. "

Women Prefers Men With Soft Features, as Life Partners, Than a Macho - research done in the UK.

• Like 1

"Psychologists from Durham and St Andrews Universities found that men with feminine facial features are seen as more committed and less likely to cheat on their partners.

Men with masculine faces, with features such as a square jaw, larger nose and smaller eyes, were classed as significantly more dominant, less faithful, worse parents and as having personalities that were less warm, compared to their 'feminine' counterparts, who had finer facial features with fuller lips, wide eyes and thinner, more curved eyebrows. "

Women Prefers Men With Soft Features, as Life Partners, Than a Macho - research done in the UK.

Thanks Elaine. :)

I knew someone would find a relevant article.

There are many out there on this subject.

On paper that makes sense, but it doesnt seem to bear out in real life. Feminine features are in line with young and boyish looking faces, often considered 'cute' but not handsome. Its symptomatic of a lack of testosterone and women are biologically hard wired to seek out guys who display traits of high testosterone. As a guy who fits the description of a guy with feminine features- cant say Ive ever heard any woman in every day life or in the media state that she goes for baby faced guys especially not to the extent that women are into them for 3 weeks of each month!

On paper that makes sense, but it doesnt seem to bear out in real life. Feminine features are in line with young and boyish looking faces, often considered 'cute' but not handsome. Its symptomatic of a lack of testosterone and women are biologically hard wired to seek out guys who display traits of high testosterone. As a guy who fits the description of a guy with feminine features- cant say Ive ever heard any woman in every day life or in the media state that she goes for baby faced guys especially not to the extent that women are into them for 3 weeks of each month!

I do not think baby faced is the look they are talking about

I think the feminine look is more George Clooney than Arnie. More Johnny Depp than Daniel Craig, more Colin Firth than Russell Crowe.

• Like 2
thefooloftheyear

Body, cars, expensive cologne, etc...

They are pluses, but I dont think women necessarily need that stuff..I mean, think about it, if jacked up guys were the hottest commodities then J-lo and all the other mega hotties would be lining up for Phil Heath, Flex Lewis and company....They dont...

Ive seen women with little to nothing but a great body take that pretty far, but I think thats the main difference between men and women...Men are visual...They want sexy...they want hourglass and nice tits and ass...And they'll be willing to put up with a lot of bullshyt to get it...

Women dont operate that way, IME...Sure, they like a guy with a great body, and one that takes care of himself, but its just not as important to women as guys think it is...

I have a pretty great physique, especially considering my age, but never viewed it as really a great asset to being attractive to women..I just like working out and I really like being strong...And Ill admit to a bit of obsessiveness in this area, which would be a turnoff for most women...So its not all that it seems...Most women run from the hills from guys that obsess about it and the morons that walk around like they are carrying luggage go nowhere...

And lets face it....If a woman chose you based on your physique, you better be a world beater...Because that same woman might leave you if she saw someone with a better physique, because thats her hang up...Or she will dump you for having a small dick, because she is all about excesses..Who knows?

IME, the guys that have done best with women are the all around guys that have a commanding presence that exudes confidence...When they talk, people listen...The Heavies, the leaders of men ..etc,,,Big guns, just like a hot car, cant give you that..If it was that easy, every guy would go on the juice and sign on the line for the latest sexy auto offerings..Doesnt work that way...My philosophy has always been never to do anything with the intent of thinking it will make me more attractive to women...Otherwise it just looks fugazy...

Jews have a term for this type of person...Its called a "Mensch"....Its a high compliment for a man to receive this label and these guys are usually ones that are always seemingly in high demand...

TFY

I do not think baby faced is the look they are talking about

I think the feminine look is more George Clooney than Arnie. More Johnny Depp than Daniel Craig, more Colin Firth than Russell Crowe.

I have three sisters, no brothers. Women usually like my facial features, even when I was fat. As far as testosterone goes, I'm muscular and lean. I also have a full head of hair and am not going grey. Nor do I have a hairy body. I can grow a mustache, with time. As well as some under my lower lip and then a section of my chin. Sorta looks like a three musketeer style and like I shaved it that way, but that is actually how it grows.

This works out very well for me with women. Lots of them.

Seems to me Moy's arms are big enough already.

Cannot comment on his legs...

Yes, I know. The problem is not with the physical on him.

I was just pointing out that when you already have other positive traits going for you outside of being physically attractive looking.......being physically actrictive looking, intensifies the hell out of those other positives :)

Women dont operate that way, IME...Sure, they like a guy with a great body, and one that takes care of himself, but

its just not as important to women as guys think it is...

Agreed

I have a pretty great physique, especially considering my age, but never viewed it as really a great asset to being attractive to women..I just like working out and I really like being strong...And Ill admit to a bit of obsessiveness in this area, which would be a turnoff for most women...So its not all that it seems...

Most women run from the hills from guys that obsess about it and the morons that walk around like they are carrying luggage go nowhere...

Yes.

IME,

the guys that have done best with women are the all around guys that have a commanding presence that exudes confidence...When they talk, people listen...The Heavies, the leaders of men ..etc,,,

Big guns, just like a hot car, cant give you that..If it was that easy, every guy would go on the juice and sign on the line for the latest sexy auto offerings..Doesnt work that way...My philosophy has always been never to do anything with the intent of thinking it will make me more attractive to women...Otherwise it just looks fugazy...

Jews have a term for this type of person...Its called a "Mensch"....Its a high compliment for a man to receive this label and these guys are usually ones that are always seemingly in high demand...

TFY

Agreed.

• Like 1

Hmm, women are "visual" but it's all in the eye of the beholder. Which is why I am confused as to why OP thinks all women desire men who are huge and on steroids. Again its men who seem to be the experts on what us women want. If you really knew what women wanted you wouldn't be here whining about women.

All the guys i have been with are either slim or superskinny and i found their bodies very attractive. But i dont really have a type. I dont see the difference you're going to experience from steroids.

Dang, we've been beating a dead horse with this thread. :laugh:

Yep. But then that seems to happen a lot when men are having trouble finding a decent woman and close their ears...

Sad really. As people only end up missing out when others refuse to listen and wind themselves up into a frenzy.

So sad. Good people are missing out... :(

So, after a lifetime of having sex with the more macho looking guys, women prefer to settle down with a feminine looking guy as a life partner? Too bad that poor feminine guy spent years posting on Loveshack how all the women prefer the macho guy :laugh:

I'm a Knicks fan. That would be like after years of terrorizing my team and winning championships during his prime, at 42 Michael Jordan choosing to come to the Knicks and have people say Knicks fans won because they got him last

• Like 2
Which is why I am confused as to why OP thinks all women desire men who are huge and on steroids. Again its men who seem to be the experts on what us women want. If you really knew what women wanted...

In homeopathy a practitioner begins by interviewing the patient. Everyone has a unique perspective on the nature of their issues, why things are as they are, what makes the world go round and so on. The term used to described this perspective is delusion. It doesn't carry the negative connotation as in common usage; everyone has a delusion that is fundamental to their relationship with the self. In that sense, one's delusion is their reality, regardless of how rational or irrational it may appear to anyone else.

Moy has a narrow, inflexible delusion and a rather negative self-image with respect to physical attraction. It is interesting (245 posts on this thread) to observe on LS how people's delusions work in the realm of attraction, romance, relationship and mating strategies. Someone should do a thesis from this stuff.

Charles and Layo

Dearest MOY,

I couldn't help but feel your pain as i read through your post. I can imagine what it feels like to be rejected by many over and over again especially when they all appear to do so for the same reason.

The truth however, is that none of them is a measuring yardstick for for reality. Yes, they may have their personal preferences but that doesn't make you undateable. there is certainly a woman out there who would adore you for what others may reject you for. As a matter of fact, you are someone's spec when it comes to dating.

my advice is that you get busy with enjoying your life while you look out for that angle who will see the gold in your height. i will recommend that you just spend more time developing yourself into the dream of your dream woman. They say luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity!

Wishing you the best of life and a great relationship

• Like 2
  • Author
So, after a lifetime of having sex with the more macho looking guys, women prefer to settle down with a feminine looking guy as a life partner? Too bad that poor feminine guy spent years posting on Loveshack how all the women prefer the macho guy :laugh:

Ah, the good old Alpha f***s, Beta bucks dichotomy. In a nutshell, woman pursues macho guys for sex and reproduction in her 20s. Once her attractiveness starts to wane with age and she also has other men's children to contend with, she then seeks a more 'feminine' guy - i.e. a Beta Simp to settle down with as 'nice guys' are desperate for anything, right?

Wrong. Karma, hey?

Apologies for the lack of replies, I've had family stuff to contend with recently. Thanks for the advice though, much appreciated.

It's pretty much true that 90% of women have an ideal preference for taller men. And probably 65-70% only want a guy that's 5'10" or taller.

• Like 1
Ah, the good old Alpha f***s, Beta bucks dichotomy. In a nutshell, woman pursues macho guys for sex and reproduction in her 20s. Once her attractiveness starts to wane with age and she also has other men's children to contend with, she then seeks a more 'feminine' guy - i.e. a Beta Simp to settle down with as 'nice guys' are desperate for anything, right?

Wrong. Karma, hey?

Apologies for the lack of replies, I've had family stuff to contend with recently. Thanks for the advice though, much appreciated.

I agree that most women are like this.

There are some that are not. They are hard to find, but they are out there.

I agree that most women are like this.

There are some that are not. They are hard to find, but they are out there.

It probably also depends on where you live. If you live in a place like lets say Los Angeles, I'd like to think the women would be way more picky than if you live in some rural area.

It's pretty much true that 90% of women have an ideal preference for taller men. And probably 65-70% only want a guy that's 5'10" or taller.

I am surrounded by tall men. I don't know why but its just the way it is. Most of my lovers have been over 6ft.

I don't care how tall or short a chap is - I care about how good a man he is.

Tallest was over 7ft. Classic tall good looking but bit of an a*** lasted all of a week, didn't even get round to more than a half hearted snog, was good to be a pervert and be able to feel his thighs every time I tried to put my arm round his waist! Shortest was back in college and was about 5ft 4". Very very fond memories of that one. He was absolutely gorgeous, wing on the rugby team, cheeky as anything and just so much fun. Always up to something and so kind and generous. If there were ever something going on you could guarantee he was in the thick of it, raising money for charity, organizing competitions. He would go out and pick flowers for me and leave them for me to find. He used to love my foot massages! Sometimes wish that hadn't fizzled out. Last time I heard he was very happy with a stunner so I am glad.

Girl have bigger standard online about the physical side than on real life.

As do men.

That is how OLD works and results in a lot of unhappy people, who hanker for a partner with "film star" good looks and get upset when the "film star" is not interested in them.

The internet has brought us closer to all sorts of people we would never have meet IRL, but unfortunately for some, the usual social hierarchy still stands in many quarters.

And whilst the concept of OLD dictates it may be possible for Average Joe to date a "super model", it rarely happens. Similarly, Average Jane is going to find it very difficult to date a "film star".

The choice of more handsome, prettier, sexier, hotter, is presented for ALL to see in OLD, whereas IRL, personality, fun, sense of humour, passion for life comes through and can often trump how a person looks.

I am not saying IRL, nobody cares about looks of course they do, but it is not such a box ticking exercise, other factors come into play.

• Like 1
As do men.

That is how OLD works and results in a lot of unhappy people, who hanker for a partner with "film star" good looks and get upset when the "film star" is not interested in them.

The internet has brought us closer to all sorts of people we would never have meet IRL, but unfortunately for some, the usual social hierarchy still stands in many quarters.

And whilst the concept of OLD dictates it may be possible for Average Joe to date a "super model", it rarely happens. Similarly, Average Jane is going to find it very difficult to date a "film star".

The choice of more handsome, prettier, sexier, hotter, is presented for ALL to see in OLD, whereas IRL, personality, fun, sense of humour, passion for life comes through and can often trump how a person looks.

I am not saying IRL, nobody cares about looks of course they do, but it is not such a box ticking exercise, other factors come into play.

Who's chasing movie stars?

Today, I got rejected by a woman with a ton of acne. Definitely not good-looking movie star.

Obviously, she's chasing one though...

• Like 1
As do men.

No, Joe gets real, real quick when he sees his his empty inbox.

Edited by Mangina