Wife left me

Anyone can file for divorce through the court.

Your religious beliefs are separate from actually divorcing legally.

The M is cooked, done and over... Just get it finalized so that you're acknowledging how she's checked out.

• Author

Yes I know anyone can legally divorce but we would be looked down upon by peers unless the divorce was for adultery. When she first initiated this she said a legal separation is what she officially wanted.

All I know is it's completely in limbo, she won't discuss anything with me other than two word texts about exchanging kids. I don't know what's going on other than she is moving along with this new life of hers, and blowing though money like it grows on trees

@allen0820:

You don't want to file a divorce because you care about not being looked down upon by your peers?

You realize a legal separation isn't something your peers are going to be applauding either right?

Either way, you shouldn't let something as important as your life be decided based upon what others think. Like it or not she has decided to "suspend" your marriage. She's had enough. She might come back or she might realize she's better off without you. Who knows.

Ask yourself why weren't you happy with her before?

Now ask yourself why do you want her back?

What changed?