Current approach to science is wrong and undermines the authority of the word of God

omg, and today is Elvis' birthday.

What does it all mean? I think it's some sort of sign...

It is a sign, and if you're currently struggling to figure out the meaning, it will make itself known to you, in the form of a burning milk carton.

• Like 1
todreaminblue
So what intelligence created that God. To infinite.

You are the one defining intelligent. It is more likely than not that humans will kill all humans. Is that intelligent? To your definition?

it isnt that god it is The one and only god..the and that......big difference in such a little word..........where have i defined intelligence?......i know primates are highly intelligent....as they know how to peel a banana the right way......

It is more likely than not that humans will kill all humans. Is that intelligent? To your definition?

What is more intelligent to me are the ten commandments for happiness and peace of mind......is the one stating.....thou shalt not kill......to me ....that was genius to have scribed four words for ultimate peace in regards to humanity.,.....and that was written ....i dont know ...when stone was written on....

my definition of intelligence is that i wont ever understand exactly what true intelligence is all about.......because there are many forms of intelligence.......and i never underestimate anyones intelligence...especially....people who kill other people....because theres a detachment there....between ....cold calculating fact.....and heart and spiritual awareness...heart intelligence.......is more important...as far as peace goes...and peace to me...is intelligent.....higher thoughts....than fact......reason beyond reason..deb

• Like 1
It is a sign, and if you're currently struggling to figure out the meaning, it will make itself known to you, in the form of a burning milk carton.

Ahhhh.

The hot dog cooks in the almond-tree forest.

It's all clear now. Thanks Eddy!

I did this?

Yeah. Don't take it personal though. It's society, not just you. Science is kind of on a pedestal, and it can do no wrong.

I don't say "anthropology got a lot of things right". I would say, "anthropologists or theories in the study of anthropology got a lot of things right". But people refer to science in that way...like it's the actual one doing all of the good stuff. No! It's just a tool.

Am I making any sense, lol?

Sorry, I know it's nit-picky, but I do think it's a common habit that reflects an almost idealized view of science.

Ahhhh.

The hot dog cooks in the almond-tree forest.

It's all clear now. Thanks Eddy!

Yeah. Don't take it personal though. It's society, not just you. Science is kind of on a pedestal, and it can do no wrong.

I don't say "anthropology got a lot of things right". I would say, "anthropologists or theories in the study of anthropology got a lot of things right". But people refer to science in that way...like it's the actual one doing all of the good stuff. No! It's just a tool.

Sorry, I know it's nit-picky, but I do think it's a common habit that reflects an almost idealized view of science.

Oh my god, thanks for clearing that up. I admit, I was a little frightened for a moment. I honestly thought you were going to bring up those yeti creatures from Star Wars. Please never bring up those yeti creatures from Star Wars, promise?

I said "it"... if, of course, my eyes don't deceive me, because my memory often does, and that's all I saw when I re-read my post. But calling something "it" or calling it what it is (in this case science) does not necessarily mean that you consider it a deity. You know, religion is often sexist and refers to the deity as "he", so if I wrote "he", your accusation would be more sound. What I meant by "it" was precisely what you think a science-minded person should mean: scientists (the collective human effort) and the theories (the resulting body of knowledge) in the various fields of science.

And science is not a tool.

• Like 1

LOL is right, you're accusing me of something you do yourself LOL, and what's your basis?

Oh my god, thanks for clearing that up. I admit, I was a little frightened for a moment. I honestly thought you were going to bring up those yeti creatures from Star Wars. Please never bring up those yeti creatures from Star Wars, promise?

I can promise you......nothing!

:D

Edited by pie2

This thread is too significant for me to be posting in, therefore I announce my exist from this discussion. I lack the mental capacity to limit myself in the way that's required to embrace religion. Continue reveling in your immediate answers and your knowledge of absolute truth.

Edited by Eddy Street
  • Author

Guys, I feel bad. I'm a troll. Obviously everything I said is just pure crap. The part I quoted in the first post is not even from Martin Luthor, it's some deepshiiit nonsense I found somewhere on the internet :D:cool::cool::cool:

God, forgive me, but again God doesn't even exist.

Edited by Michael35
  • Like 1
Guys, I feel bad. I'm a troll. Obviously everything I said is just pure crap. The part I quoted in the first post is not even from Martin Luthor, it's some deepshiiit nonsense I found somewhere on the internet :D:cool::cool::cool:

God, forgive me, but again God doesn't even exist.

Get a life.

• Like 1
TouchedByViolet

The scientific method is the best tool humans have developed in understanding the world. It's not about faith, and believing. It's about understanding and competency. It's about accepting the world as it is and not how you want it to be. Believers need god and often cannot accept a world without god. Even if their is a way to disprove their views they would not accept. They need god for purpose. It is a delusion.

The scientific method is the best tool humans have developed in understanding the world. It's not about faith, and believing. It's about understanding and competency. It's about accepting the world as it is and not how you want it to be.

"Our willingness to accept scientific claims that are against common sense is the key to an understanding of the real struggle between science and the supernatural. We take the side of science in spite of the patent absurdity of some of its constructs, in spite of its failure to fulfill many of its extravagant promises of health and life, in spite of the tolerance of the scientific community for unsubstantiated just-so stories, because we have a prior commitment, a commitment to materialism.

It is not that the methods and institutions of science somehow compel us to accept a material explanation of the phenomenal world, but, on the contrary, that we are forced by our a priori adherence to material causes to create an apparatus of investigation and a set of concepts that produce material explanations, no matter how counter-intuitive, no matter how mystifying to the uninitiated. Moreover, that materialism is absolute, for we cannot allow a Divine Foot in the door."

-Geneticist Richard Lewontin

Believers need god and often cannot accept a world without god. Even if their (error) is a way to disprove their views they would not accept. They need god for purpose. It is a delusion.

Skeptics cannot accept a world with God. Even if there is a way to disprove their views, they would not accept. It is a delusion.

• Like 1

I was reading some literature a couple days ago, and ran across this gem, by Edwin Hubble:

…Such a condition would imply that we occupy a unique position in the universe, analogous, in a sense, to the ancient conception of a central Earth.…This hypothesis cannot be disproved, but it is unwelcome and would only be accepted as a last resort in order to save the phenomena. Therefore we disregard this possibility…the unwelcome position of a favored location must be avoided at all costs… such a favored position is intolerable…. Therefore, in order to restore homogeneity, and to escape the horror of a unique position…must be compensated by spatial curvature. There seems to be no other escape.

The extreme these guys go lol. I sit back and ask myself, why?

Here's another one by Robert Jastrow:

"Our willingness to accept scientific claims that are against common sense is the key to an understanding of the real struggle between science and the supernatural. We take the side of science in spite of the patent absurdity of some of its constructs, in spite of its failure to fulfill many of its extravagant promises of health and life, in spite of the tolerance of the scientific community for unsubstantiated just-so stories, because we have a prior commitment, a commitment to materialism.

It is not that the methods and institutions of science somehow compel us to accept a material explanation of the phenomenal world, but, on the contrary, that we are forced by our a priori adherence to material causes to create an apparatus of investigation and a set of concepts that produce material explanations, no matter how counter-intuitive, no matter how mystifying to the uninitiated. Moreover, that materialism is absolute, for we cannot allow a Divine Foot in the door."

-Geneticist Richard Lewontin

Skeptics cannot accept a world with God. Even if there is a way to disprove their views, they would not accept. It is a delusion.

But science delivers. Cures to disease. Knowledge of the universe. Knowledge of living organisms. Making human lives longer! All because of the scientific method. Facts are facts.

The problem with accepting faith as a viable means to knowledge and truth is that, quite literally, anything goes. Anybody can believe anything is true and have equal footing to hold their beliefs as absolute.

Which of course is ridiculous. For example, the Bible says Jesus is the son of God. The Qur'an says Jesus is not the son of God. Christians believe the Bible based on faith and what it says to be true. Muslims believe the Qur'an based on faith and what it says to be true. Both of them cannot be true (although both can be false). How do you reconcile that based on faith?

But science delivers. Cures to disease. Knowledge of the universe. Knowledge of living organisms. Making human lives longer! All because of the scientific method. Facts are facts.

The problem with accepting faith as a viable means to knowledge and truth is that, quite literally, anything goes. Anybody can believe anything is true and have equal footing to hold their beliefs as absolute.

Which of course is ridiculous. For example, the Bible says Jesus is the son of God. The Qur'an says Jesus is not the son of God. Christians believe the Bible based on faith and what it says to be true. Muslims believe the Qur'an based on faith and what it says to be true. Both of them cannot be true (although both can be false). How do you reconcile that based on faith?

Yes I agree with your last paragraph. Your first one is proven to be true through testing. Darwinism is not and can not be. It is simply theory, there is no hard evidence

• Like 1
Guys, I feel bad. I'm a troll. Obviously everything I said is just pure crap.

Or is it ("obvious")? Was it ("just pure crap")???

That is, Michael35, are you SURE that you had not considered the following...or are you just, er, 'trolling' us, that you had not (considered it, before you posted)???

Quantum Physics and Mental Boxes

The findings of quantum physics are revolutionary in many ways. In this context, let us begin with the fact that quantum physics has proven that for a human being it is impossible to make a truly objective observation, meaning an observation that is not affected by your mind. In classical physics, the universe was divided into two realms, a realm of matter that existed independently of any mind (and was objective) and the realm of mind that was entirely subjective. By using proper instruments and procedures, scientists could – so it was claimed – make an observation that was not affected by their minds.

What quantum physics has shown is that the realm of matter is an illusion created by the physical senses and a particular mindset, a particular mental box. The deeper truth is that consciousness is the fundamental reality and that matter is a creation of consciousness. Quantum physics talks about this by saying that everything that exists is made from quantum waveforms, which in reality are mental images superimposed upon the Ma-ter light by self-aware beings.

What is currently keeping quantum physicists in a deadlock is that they will not acknowledge that there are self-aware beings who are not human beings and that these beings have also superimposed mental images upon the Ma-ter light. Scientists are left to ponder such questions as: “Is the moon really there if no one is looking?” The reality is that the moon truly is there even when no human being is looking because the moon was created by spiritual beings who are always looking.

There is something which we might call an objective reality, in the sense that it was not created by human beings, meaning beings trapped in the duality consciousness. The earth in its pure form was created by the Elohim and the spiritual realm was (and is) created by higher beings. There is indeed a reality that is not affected by the duality consciousness and its illusions.

You will not be able to perceive this reality in its fullest as long as you are looking at life through any mental box. The reason being that as long as you are looking through a mental box, you will inevitably project the mental images from the box upon everything you see. As quantum physics explains it, the act of observation is influenced by your consciousness. What you see is a product of an interaction between the quantum waveform of your consciousness and the quantum waveform of whatever you are observing.

The conclusion is that as long as you are looking though a mental box, you cannot see the reality created by spiritual beings (at least not fully). Instead, you are seeing something that you have created by superimposing your own mental images (or the collective images of your “group”) upon that objective reality.

Mangina, what's the deal w/ the username? Are you trying to insult yourself?

Relax its just a joke my comments are not trolling. I used to be a feminist if you are curious why

Relax its just a joke my comments are not trolling. I used to be a feminist if you are curious why

Just curious. In the "MGTOW" community, manginas are pretty much laughed at.

evanescentworld

Well nobody here has laughed at Mangina so I'm not really sure why you even mentioned it, especially after her explanation.

evanescentworld
Yes I used to be mangina

That really doesn't bear thinking about, I've decided..... hence the edit!! :D

Edited by evanescentworld