Do you hold someones past against them?

LoveIsMyReligion

I do judge a person on the basis of what they have done in the past. It is the indication of their character. Words are cheap and mean nothing and often reflect what people wanna-be rather than what they really are. People can HONESTLY tell you what they believe they are, but if you want to see who they are look at their actions.

Having said all that, if a person has done some stupid stuff at a young age, then it is something they might later on in life be ashamed of and never repeat. But time needs to pass, years and years for that person to understand and internalise the effects of their actions, the reflection on them, etc... Changes do not happen over night.

• Like 1
Actions are what defines a person not words. You cannot honestly tell me you believe she was apologetic. She was selfish from the beginning and only looking out for HER interests. By not holding it against her you're saying that every time you say sorry, it's no hard feelings. The world doesn't work that way.

Love Love Love this post....especially the parts about "selfishness", "her own interests" and the calling out of the condoning of bad behaviour.

I'll say it again, people that act in a similar manner as is becoming apparent on LS, always seem to see no fault in what a person doing what they are more likely to do in the same instance is doing.

Wow...I can't believe the amount of support a post about banging a bf's brother got yesterday. Some actually thought the female was right in doing that. I mean how does that hurt the guy? It only affirms the reason why he should not be with her, and why she is the village bicycle :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I would be more bothered about my brother doing it than my ex.

This is a difficult one, I would say I don't generally hold things against a person but if they cheated on someone before I would probably not want to get involved just as a precaution. Nobody is perfect though and I would be hypocritical to hold behaviour against someone that I have done... I didn't sleep with an ex's sister but I did with her little sisters best friend. Probably would have with the sister if she was even slightly less ugly.

Not surprising to see the sisterhood circle the wagons as usual.

Using sex as a weapon is a despicable move regardless of gender. Its not so much the act itself but the intention to hurt someone else through it using a 3rd party as collateral damage...who just happens to be the guy's brother, I mean WTF?! I am actually surprised that there are people trying to justify her reaction.

• Like 1
Not surprising to see the sisterhood circle the wagons as usual.

Using sex as a weapon is a despicable move regardless of gender. Its not so much the act itself but the intention to hurt someone else through it using a 3rd party as collateral damage...who just happens to be the guy's brother, I mean WTF?! I am actually surprised that there are people trying to justify her reaction.

Bold 1: Ahahaha....In all fairness though, there is a miniscule amount that agree with the majority, and those to me are the epitome of real.

Bold 2: Just goes to show you how these people's mind work. How can you ever take them seriously when they can't seem to comprehend reality from despicable behaviour?

I think this girl has Jerry Springer written all over her. Sleeping with 11 guys at this stage in her life is way too many. The thing with the brother may not have been all that bad but, given her sexual history, she was probably on the verge of sleeping with him anyway. If you felt like she was too flirty, then this is probably her usual mode of operation. This tells me that she most likely has a LOT of daddy issues and craves approval and sexual attention from every guy that finds himself in her path.

I think this girl has Jerry Springer written all over her. Sleeping with 11 guys at this stage in her life is way too many. The thing with the brother may not have been all that bad but, given her sexual history, she was probably on the verge of sleeping with him anyway. If you felt like she was too flirty, then this is probably her usual mode of operation. This tells me that she most likely has a LOT of daddy issues and craves approval and sexual attention from every guy that finds himself in her path.

How many guys is an acceptable number for being 22?

How many guys is an acceptable number for being 22?

I don't have a particular number in mind but this seems extreme for someone so young. It tells me that she's not very discriminate and has low self-esteem. She obviously gets involved too quickly and uses sex to get a man's attention. Maybe it's romantic in movies, but sleeping with everyone you're attracted to isn't a smart move. It's simply trashy.

All I can say is that there was this hot woman I dated in my past, and I'd love for someone to find her and hold her against me again.

I don't have a particular number in mind but this seems extreme for someone so young. It tells me that she's not very discriminate and has low self-esteem. She obviously gets involved too quickly and uses sex to get a man's attention. Maybe it's romantic in movies, but sleeping with everyone you're attracted to isn't a smart move. It's simply trashy.

My number at 22 was significantly higher. Do I have low self esteem etc?

I don't have a particular number in mind but this seems extreme for someone so young. It tells me that she's not very discriminate and has low self-esteem. She obviously gets involved too quickly and uses sex to get a man's attention. ....

I guess a few of those guys were bfs, and the rest flings/ons over 6 7 yrs. Its not too over the top these given some of the numbers I hear or know of girls who stay single for ages and have a lot of fun dating around wink wink, but it is on the high side imo. I know some women that would definitely argue against the lack of discrimination when it comes to their casual sex. Their logic, when they go out to say a club/live music venue and are single is that they could likely be able to go home and shag with maybe 70% of the single guys in the place....so they can be fussy and sleep with the best they can get...so if they score a hot outgoing guy then they have done well out of the mass of contenders or if not to their satisfaction they go home alone that weekend and see what fortune has for them next weekend out. Even though their count could be much higher than 11 they will say they are certainly not indiscriminate with who spread their legs for. In later years they may rue some of their douchebag choices but at the time they will argue otherwise. Just saying.

That's hardly a large number for that age. There are people with double that in their early 20s.

Depending when she lost her virginity... She could be sleeping with a couple guys each year. That's no biggie at all. I'm much more concerned with the sex as a weapon thing.