Her dog peed on a $6,000 rug

I don't think it's anything like that. From what I remember the guy was her chiropractor and she did housekeeping for them. Apparently they're just really straightforward and demanding people

She sent me the breakup text on Tuesday night. Tonight she finally deleted me from Facebook..does that mean anything? I just don't understand why she just now deleted me. Was she waiting for me to do something?

Deleted you from facebook? Ok, that's pretty extreme. Over and out with this girl.

Yep, you are dead on. I'm not even that upset. Unfortunately I'm starting to get used to this. I seem to have no problem getting a 2nd and 3rd date but after that I can count on them leaving. On to the next one.

Why do you think this happens?

Why do you think this happens?

Because he is not making a move? If you are not at least at 2nd base by 2nd date, I don't know what you are waiting for. Better yet is if you can get to 3rd.

Hmmm, I'm not sure that would have anything to do with it. I would respect a guy who wasn't in a hurry to get to bases. But I would want him to communicate with me and establish a relationship.

I have always had communication in my top list of prerequisites of attributes, along with mutual respect, honesty, friendly and career minded. Everything else is useless if a person doesn't come with these to the table.

Problem is most go in for looks and find out the hard way later....this is something that will continue to manifest, until people actually wake up to acknowledge their wrongdoings

• Like 1
  • Author
Deleted you from facebook? Ok, that's pretty extreme. Over and out with this girl.

I guess, but she had a valid reason; She didn't want me to see that she had started talking to the ex again. Either way I'm done with her.

• Author
Hmmm, I'm not sure that would have anything to do with it. I would respect a guy who wasn't in a hurry to get to bases. But I would want him to communicate with me and establish a relationship.

What do you mean by communicate and establish a relationship? It's the woman's job to play the exclusive card in my opinion. I was pretty supportive of her when she brought up her issues and she even called me a few times so I couldn't have been doing too much wrong.

Id settle for a professional rug cleaner, not for half the rug, unless I take half the rug with me. Take me to court.

Yah.. seems like a good excuse.

• Author

Actually now that I remember I could of screwed up here; A few weeks ago I asked her if she wanted to go skating on Saturday night. She agreed initially but then remembered that she had a work Christmas party to go to. That Saturday I texted her goodnight around 920pm (I was tired from work) and she texted back something along the lines of "aww I was gonna try to come over later, goodnight!"

I would of happily waited up for her but I didn't want to seem indecisive and she already acknowledged my "goodnight" so I left it alone. We met up on Sunday and that was the last time I ever saw her. She seemed kind of cold but I just took it as being tired since she was out drinking until 2 Saturday night.

I really don't think it was a screw-up. If anything it was her fault for not telling me ahead of time. What do you guys think?

Edited by Jame22

I am a lawyer so I have to comment on one aspect...She should have let them sue her. They would have to spend more than the cost of carpet, go to the court, deal with documents, etc. Unless the claim is under 5000 USD in which case they can just file with the small claims court, but this is also a pain in the butt. This lawsuit would in all likelihood never happened.

If it did, it would not cost her 3000 USD ...as someone already said, she might be held liable for cleaning bill only.

They are smart. They did not ask for 6000 because then they would have to buy a new carpet and she could have the old one. If they took money and kept the same carpet that is called unjust enrichment and she can sue them for the money back.

As far as your problem with her right now, do not look for a problem in yourself. She broke it off with you instead of telling you if something was wrong. She did not treat you very nicely after that either. Why do you even spend your time trying to figure anything out.

• Author
She did not treat you very nicely after that either. Why do you even spend your time trying to figure anything out.

I think she handled it pretty respectfully. A clean break with no friendzone offer. I don't want to be treated nicely after being dumped. I want to be left alone.