Her dog peed on a $6,000 rug

A friend makes sure her dog doesn't pee on your 6000 dollar rug...

You break it you buy it

Yeah agreed I use to have a "friend" who thought it was ok for her little terrors to pee on my stuff as well were not friends anymore needless to say! they actually yelled at me for disciplining the little bastard..I would have thought insurance would cover something like that tho unless they don't want to submit and make their costs go up? just an idea..anyways op move on and just be thank full your own rugs are safe..lol

• Like 1
Yeah agreed I use to have a "friend" who thought it was ok for her little terrors to pee on my stuff as well were not friends anymore needless to say! they actually yelled at me for disciplining the little bastard..I would have thought insurance would cover something like that tho unless they don't want to submit and make their costs go up? just an idea..anyways op move on and just be thank full your own rugs are safe..lol

I would argue that a friend lets a animal in under the knowledge that it can cause dmg and has the logical thought that she doesn't control another entity's bladder

And a good friend would be understanding not ruin the friendship over some piss and come to some agreement

I would say what she did to her new bf is what her friends did to her take something that happened and used it as an excuse to leave the friendship they had with this girl

Some people are just stuck up

If someone is the type of person to get upset about animals dirtying the house I do not understand why let allow them to enter in the first place

Pete honey some of the old antique rugs are not at all like that... I know I had a puppy chew some tassles off of one...

Liquid and fire are nothing compared to puppy chew attack!!

But even if it genuinely was damaged my other points still stand. Why on earth would the owners give it to a total dunce to clean, rather than calling their insurance, or a professional? Especially if it's antique!

I wouldn’t necessarily decide that it’s an excuse. It could very well be that she just has too much going on right now to date at all, or it could be that she’s not that interested. Can’t tell. But I’d assume the best. I’ve dated people that have tsunamis of obligations at times and we just don’t see each other for a while then see each other when things let up. I used to have the periodic tsunamis too. I certainly wouldn’t sit around twiddling my thumbs waiting, but I also wouldn’t conclude that she never wants to see you again. Invite her out later if you’re still interested then. You know... people who respect and accept the full scope of your life and don’t get impatient or judgmental are golden, get major brownie points! :love:

I would argue that a friend lets a animal in under the knowledge that it can cause dmg and has the logical thought that she doesn't control another entity's bladder

And a good friend would be understanding not ruin the friendship over some piss and come to some agreement

I would also then argue that a "friend" should respect the fact their friend welcomed them and their pet into their home. More then likely with the idea that the animal in question was well behaved and not inclined to do damage.

I mean every one says pets are like kids right? just in the same way we wouldn't knowingly allow our kids to run a muck in a friends house and break things one shouldn't allow a pet to I know occasional accidents can happen but that should be the rare exception.

Imo if you take a pet into a friends home make sure its at least house broken cause im sorry but with animals they can be trained.. like in my case her dogs **** and pissed all over their home with no attempts to discipline the animals they then expected others to enjoy the same..

She told me she was having rug issues during the 2nd date...

This was unintentionally hilarious, taken out of context.

It's doubtful that she's making excuses. She's probably extremely distracted and slightly depressed and feels that she wouldn't be good company. Maybe she'll come back around.

About the rug, shouldn't Homeowner's insurance cover that? Those people are jerks for making her pay that kind of money.

I don't know. I probably would have made her pay all of it. Dog pee is hard to get out. Even if you do sometimes you can still smell it on the rug in summer time when it is humid. And at that price it has to be wool or some other special fabric that would be hard to clean.

Plus why should they pay increased home owners ins rate because he dog peed on their rug.

Liquid and fire are nothing compared to puppy chew attack!!

But even if it genuinely was damaged my other points still stand. Why on earth would the owners give it to a total dunce to clean, rather than calling their insurance, or a professional? Especially if it's antique!

Goodness only knows but lots of people have no clue about this type of thing. they buy these things and have no idea how to care for them...

She's emotionally overwhelmed right now. She doesn't have anything left to give to a relationship.

I'd back off for a while . . . at least 90 days then call her to see how things are going & would she like to meet for coffee or something.

• Like 1
Both are very true. I've seen the dent in her side door and she told me about the rug issue on the 2nd date which was probably 4 or 5 weeks ago..she wouldn't have made it up.

I mean that the real reason she is breaking things off might not be the reasoning she gave you, not that she is a liar about the rug and such.

Frankly most people (including myself) are often too cowardly to just tell it like is, and would rather try to shoulder the blame than tell someone something like, "I met someone else that I like more than you." We would much rather say something like, "I just can't date right now, sorry," in an attempt to not leave you feeling like it was anything you might have done wrong.

• Author

The whole thing just doesn't add up.....

True, but her story has to be partially true. No one would make something up like this just so they could use it to dump someone over a month later.

I don't know all the details and I don't need to. All I know is that she's extremely stressed out right now and it's for a valid reason.

• Author
Did they tell her that it was wool before she cleaned it? And how old is that carpet?

She should have asked to see a receipt before she gave them half of what they paid for it. It may have been old and worn.

No idea. They did give her an option to go get the rug priced though. She never did for some reason.

Paying for the rug is BS. But if it's an oriental area rug, it needs to be taken to a professonal oriental rug cleaner. That's assuming it's really worth $6000 and not a cheapy they're passing off as expensive, as many of them are. If it's wool or other natural fibers, must go to the pro cleaner.

I used to have a wool oriental rug and took it to a rug cleaner. She should have offered to pay the cleaning bill. Sounds like she just doesn't have common sense.

It could genuinely be the case that she's become stressed and depressed after these two awful events, one of which is still ongoing. If she doesn't know how to handle them, she may well feel she can't cope with looking after a guy at the same time - or may feel he won't want her with all her troubles. I'd suggest staying in touch in a sweet way, the occasional text to say you're there if she wants to talk about her troubles.

Re. the rug, if this is true then I wonder who these so-called 'friends' are. Had she known them long? If they were newish 'friends', it could be there is more to this than meets the eye and that they are confidence tricksters. If that is the case, it would not be surprising if she is confused and desperately unhappy because none of the ways one would normally interact with a friend would be working for her. She would feel very scared and demoralised as things seemed to be going from bad to worse. If you two do stay in touch, maybe someone could check out the background of these friends. They may be known to police. Have they moved around a lot, by any chance?

• Author

Re. the rug, if this is true then I wonder who these so-called 'friends' are. Had she known them long? If they were newish 'friends', it could be there is more to this than meets the eye and that they are confidence tricksters. If that is the case, it would not be surprising if she is confused and desperately unhappy because none of the ways one would normally interact with a friend would be working for her. She would feel very scared and demoralised as things seemed to be going from bad to worse. If you two do stay in touch, maybe someone could check out the background of these friends. They may be known to police. Have they moved around a lot, by any chance?

I don't think it's anything like that. From what I remember the guy was her chiropractor and she did housekeeping for them. Apparently they're just really straightforward and demanding people

She sent me the breakup text on Tuesday night. Tonight she finally deleted me from Facebook..does that mean anything? I just don't understand why she just now deleted me. Was she waiting for me to do something?

Let them go and sue her!

Like are they gonna pay the lawyer 3 thousands to win the case!

She has no control on her dog and she didn't do it in purpose

They have no case and she shouldn't pay $3000 for them!

I don't think it's anything like that. From what I remember the guy was her chiropractor and she did housekeeping for them. Apparently they're just really straightforward and demanding people

She sent me the breakup text on Tuesday night. Tonight she finally deleted me from Facebook..does that mean anything? I just don't understand why she just now deleted me. Was she waiting for me to do something?

My first thought is you were a rebound and she is getting back with her ex (a reason for the initial great chemistry followed by instant fade away). Blocked you on FB was so you would not see her updated pics with the former-ex.

Please note, all of her actions have been done via text after you called which tells me she is either lying about something (its easier to lie over text) or has little respect for you (a person that cared could have broken up over a phone call at least).

There was nothing she was expecting you to do. It does not sound like you were in a relationship, only the initial stages of dating. IMHO you dodged a bullet.

Anyway, just my pessimistic two cents.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author
My first thought is you were a rebound and she is getting back with her ex (a reason for the initial great chemistry followed by instant fade away). Blocked you on FB was so you would not see her updated pics with the former-ex.

Yep, you are dead on. I'm not even that upset. Unfortunately I'm starting to get used to this. I seem to have no problem getting a 2nd and 3rd date but after that I can count on them leaving. On to the next one.

It's doubtful that she's making excuses. She's probably extremely distracted and slightly depressed and feels that she wouldn't be good company. Maybe she'll come back around.

About the rug, shouldn't Homeowner's insurance cover that? Those people are jerks for making her pay that kind of money.

I don't think she's making excuses either.

Homeowner's insurance does not cover that sort of negligence and wear and tear. Nor would spilling wine on it.

• Author
I don't think she's making excuses either.

Yeah she's not, but after doing some facebook stalking I'm pretty sure she's talking to her ex again. So while all the rug stuff is true I guess she just wanted her ex back. Either way I deleted her number and have no hard feelings towards her.

she's had to deal with the unfortunate fact that her dog peed on a $6,000 rug. After several meetings with the owners it was settled that she's have to pay half ($3,000) which happens to be all the money she has. She's also really hurt that the people threatened to sue her (she thought they were friends.)

Oh yes...Pets, the first consolation prize for *most* that get dumped / divorced. People have to realize that just because you like your pet, doesn't mean everyone else in the real world cares for it, and have to put up with it.

I will be asking for the full amount had it been me. I personally don't do pets as they don't fit into my lifestyle. There are many that have pets just because their friends do / don't exercise their dogs / shouldn't have pets in the first place :rolleyes:

I usually see guys / men that become butlers for a female and her dog, literally left holding a bag of $h1t, and all for the sake of sex.

I'll say cut your loss and move on, that could have been your carpet...count your blessings.