Gf keeps challenging my beliefs, should I reconsider the relationship

It's not that she's a feminist. I'm also a feminist and i let men open the doors and all that.

She sounds argumentative and likes conflict. For a good relationship you need someone agreeable. Who knows how to be flexible, seeks to understand and accepts people for who they are. I would end the relationship. If I had a boyfriend who behaved like that, always argue with me about stupid things, I'd also end it.

So true. No matter how much you agree or disagree, people who are oppositional, combative, or find the down side to everything are just a drag, unlivable.

• Like 1
  • Author

As for the update:

She didn't really make a scene when I broke it off but said it's nothing new. Afterwards, it was also confirmed by one of her friends that a previous ex bf also broke it off within a couple months later and there have been a couple dates that didn't last too long either.

I guess she really does bores guys if none of them lasted longer with her either.

• Like 1
As for the update:

She didn't really make a scene when I broke it off but said it's nothing new. Afterwards, it was also confirmed by one of her friends that a previous ex bf also broke it off within a couple months later and there have been a couple dates that didn't last too long either.

I guess she really does bores guys if none of them lasted longer with her either.

Glad you managed to end things smoothly. I don't blame her exes either - nobody likes constant arguing.

That's what internet forums are for, anyway, not your loved ones. ;)

At least she doesn't sound hypocritical about gender issues. Not saying I agree with everything but this is much better than somebody who just wants everything in a woman's favor. She seems willing to be consistent when it comes to equality and doesn't sound like a misandrist. I fail to see where the problem.

As for the update:

Guess she just has had trouble finding that "special one" who will beat her ass in order to make her feel equal. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

People always say they want a woman who walks the walk on equality and isn't a hypocrite and the OP has one so why is this an issue? This is the kind of thing a lot of guys have been asking for from women.

At least she doesn't sound hypocritical about gender issues. Not saying I agree with everything but this is much better than somebody who just wants everything in a woman's favor. She seems willing to be consistent when it comes to equality and doesn't sound like a misandrist. I fail to see where the problem.

Hallelujah to that...world needs more of her

People always say they want a woman who walks the walk on equality and isn't a hypocrite and the OP has one so why is this an issue? This is the kind of thing a lot of guys have been asking for from women.
There must be something wrong with that girl if she keeps getting dumped and I don't think it's about just believing in equal fights. I would guess women that keep talking about equality and like some poster said literally taking every single thing out of context as equal can be overbearing. If it's true equality and ''women are really equal to men in everything'' then why are sports for men and women still separated as well as bathrooms in restaurants? There is after all a good reason for that.

I wouldn't persist on splitting the bill either if he wanted to pay on the first date as a simple kind gesture but would say ''Thank you''. It's about being thankful if a man wants to do things for gf once in a while. Off course I would do kind gestures to him in return too. I wouldn't want a relationship to feel like we were buddies, that it's all about only doing things for yourself and only splitting the bill all the times. I would like one where we both dine and spoil each other sometimes and feel the romance in it.

Edited by dragon_fly_7
Quoted for Truth.

Double quoted for sanity. Ironically, Emma Watson (UN ambassador) said this

Because to date, I’ve seen my father’s role as a parent being valued less by society despite my needing his presence as a child as much as my mother’s. - See more at: Emma Watson Gender equality is your issue too | UN Women ? Headquarters

Because to date, I’ve seen my father’s role as a parent being valued less by society despite my needing his presence as a child as much as my mother’s. - See more at: Emma Watson Gender equality is your issue too | UN Women ? Headquarters

I have seen my father's role as a parent being valued less, despite my needing his presence as a child

Emma Watson Gender equality is your issue too | UN Women ? Headquarters