Jehovah's Witnesses and my Wife

Thanks. What I meant to say by being open at the meeting was that I will listen to what they have to say. I particularly want to hear, from them, what their doctrine is on Jesus and on salvation, as these are the points I am most concerned about. I want my wife to understand very clearly what their doctrine is on these as I feel she might not be fully aware of the doctrinal issues.

I also have an appointment with an RC priest tomorrow.

Speaking from firsthand experience, they are very deft at spinning things. You'd have to back them into a corner to get the truth, and, even then, they make it sound so benign. It starts out not sounding so bad, but it will escalate. I'm still in touch with a family member who ended up breaking away from the JW after years.

I particularly want to hear, from them, what their doctrine is on Jesus and on salvation, as these are the points I am most concerned about. I want my wife to understand very clearly what their doctrine is on these as I feel she might not be fully aware of the doctrinal issues.

Their doctrine is that Jesus is NOT God. They do not believe in the trinity. They do not believe that Jesus the path to salvation.

They probably won't come right out and say that though.

You've already lost her - you just didn't notice it.

Lost things can be found. They are still married, so there is hope. With God, all things are possible. :)

• Like 2