The Christian girl

somedude81

Because I don't think she'd be able to resist me for long.

:laugh: Well, at least we know your self-esteem isn't going to be a problem...

But yeah, if you've told her you haven't attended church in years, I don't think you're misleading her. Be prepared to be invited to church though.

So is this a 'date' date or is there a possibility she could just be thinking it's just two friends going hiking? Can you read the situation and her body language enough to know if a kiss would be appropriate? Otherwise, I think it would be better to ask her out for a REAL date before trying to kiss her.

• Like 4
Rejected Rosebud
Can you read the situation and her body language enough to know if a kiss would be appropriate? Otherwise, I think it would be better to ask her out for a REAL date before trying to kiss her.
Well he said her face was lit up.:love::love:
  • Like 1
todreaminblue
She was asking you what inspires you. Since she is Christian, she is probably looking for a "Christian" or "godly" answer. Such as "the good Lord inspires me everyday to do good, by blessing me with good fortune, so I can help the less fortunate." Or something along those lines.

I actually feel that she is simply looking for an honest forthright answer straight from the heart...that in itself would be a christian answer..honesty is being christian like.........you dont have be envangelistic in response or repose.....to be inspired....what is in his heart..thats where inspiration hits home base.......to me it is not an unusual text...and as somedude has stated a deep one that requires conversation not over text....some dude are you curious about what inspires her....or what inspired her to ask that of you......deb

Edited by todreaminblue

Hold up..

Have you responded to her initial question about what inspires you yet SD?

Congrats on getting the date though..

Are you planning on taking a picnic?

• Like 1

Today's report:

I went to her class and danced with her a bit. After that she wanted to go to the Library and look for a book to do a report on for her Religious Studies class. She didn't know what to focus on so I suggested that she should do the Mormon Church. We then spent about 20 minutes in the library trying to figure out how to find the book and then I eventually found it for her.

Close to 12:30 I had to leave for a class so I asked her if she wanted to get together this weekend. Her face lit up and she said, "Do you want to go hiking?" I said yes and asked her when she was free. She suggested tomorrow morning which unfortunately I can't do. So we decided to go out on Sunday.

This isn't the first time we made plans go out hiking on a Sunday. But this time it was her idea and she seemed much more interested. Funny how she remembered that I wanted to go hiking.

We didn't talk at all about the inspiration thing. If it comes up I think I know how to handle it.

Depending on how Sunday goes I'll probably try to kiss her.

Sounds like good news! And maybe she'll do you a favor and give you a long grinding hug.

I've never had the honor of having thousands of people logging on anticipating my first post on Sunday. You have that going for you.

• Like 3
LookAtThisPOst
I went to her class and danced with her a bit. After that she wanted to go to the Library and look for a book to do a report on for her Religious Studies class

Um...you know Google exists for a reason, right? :laugh:

Books? What are those? I have a Kindle.

ooooooooooooo! aren't you fancy pants. We are all soooooo jealous.

• Like 3
Um...you know Google exists for a reason, right? :laugh:

Books (by a reputed publisher) are typically automatically accepted as a citation; most websites are not. Google scholar does link journal papers and textbooks, but you need a subscription to access most of them.

• Like 3

Today's report:

I went to her class and danced with her a bit. After that she wanted to go to the Library and look for a book to do a report on for her Religious Studies class. She didn't know what to focus on so I suggested that she should do the Mormon Church. We then spent about 20 minutes in the library trying to figure out how to find the book and then I eventually found it for her.

Close to 12:30 I had to leave for a class so I asked her if she wanted to get together this weekend. Her face lit up and she said, "Do you want to go hiking?" I said yes and asked her when she was free. She suggested tomorrow morning which unfortunately I can't do. So we decided to go out on Sunday.

This isn't the first time we made plans go out hiking on a Sunday. But this time it was her idea and she seemed much more interested. Funny how she remembered that I wanted to go hiking.

We didn't talk at all about the inspiration thing. If it comes up I think I know how to handle it.

Depending on how Sunday goes I'll probably try to kiss her.

Cool!

I take it she knows it is a date and not just a hike with a friend?

Dates come with far different expectations than a day out with a friend does obviously so if you consider it to be a date then it's best to make sure she is on the same page and accepting going because it is a date.

Plus that will give you the heads up that she does like you in that way so any kissing will be an expectation. :)

• Author

Heck, I don't even know if it's a date or not.

That's why I just said I'll see how the day goes.

She doesn't need to prepare herself or whatever. If I tried to kiss her, and if she didn't want me to, she wouldn't let me do it regardless if it was a date or not. At least that way I'll quickly and clearly know that she is not interested in me that way.

DrReplyInRhymes
Heck, I don't even know if it's a date or not.

That's why I just said I'll see how the day goes.

She doesn't need to prepare herself or whatever. If I tried to kiss her, and if she didn't want me to, she wouldn't let me do it regardless if it was a date or not. At least that way I'll quickly and clearly know that she is not interested in me that way.

She sounds like a great girl, and this is certainly a date,

Definitions aside, she's interested and not willing to wait!

A less obtrusive way, other than a kiss, to judge her interest in you,

Mention something like this in passing toward the end: "I enjoyed this date too!"

• Like 2

Mention something like this in passing toward the end: "I enjoyed this date too!"

You could also end with a sincere, "I really like you."

And if she responds with a look of surprise.

Just say, "I think I heard a Who,

"Those mischievous little guys."

• Like 1

Patiently we wait

to hear of the date.

Was it a hike?

Or a ride on a bike?

Is it now clear

if her interest is dear?

Did you sneak a small peak

or did she give you the cheek?

What inspires you?

Please tell us all too!

• Like 7
  • Author

Heh, that sounds like Dr. Seuss.

No hike today.

She contacted me yesterday asking for a rain check because she was too busy to get together today. Then she asked if I was free next week.

Funny thing was that it actually did rain today. If we did go out hiking we would have been caught in a major storm.

Unfortunately things between us are still unclear.

Ah well, maybe things will clear up (in more ways than one) next weekend!

I'm off to make green eggs and turkey, to do in the leftovers.

She contacted me yesterday asking for a rain check because she was too busy to get together today. Then she asked if I was free next week.

What was your response?

thefooloftheyear

No hike today.

Funny thing was that it actually did rain today. If we did go out hiking we would have been caught in a major storm.

Id say they are as well....

Could be that she is just too busy, but my experiences are that if she was really excited for this, she'd have no problem putting off other things...Heck even if her grandma died, she'd probably ditch the afternoon viewing to go on the date..:laugh:

Its a concern, but I guess you will have to see where it goes...

TFY

• Author
What an anticlimax.

Of course. Which was why I didn't post anything today.

There's no need for me to post here until something happens with her.

No hike today.

So, two hikes arranged and so far she has backed out of both.

If it had been a rain check due to the weather forecast being bad - as in very bad I can get that but she had plans with you and then got too busy. Not a good sign IMO SD.

I have been on stormy hikes - they can be fun - but if I have a hike planned - with whoever I don't get busy with something else.

Maybe hikes aren't actually her thing?